Definition Needed: High Level Acronym Buzzword

N

ncwalker

I am admittedly bad with these things.

So there's a standard thing called a SWOT analysis. When management says "Do a SWOT analysis" on a situation the output is typically a 4 x 4 chart and SWOT is: Strength, Weakness, Opportunity, Threat.

The military is full of them - example: a SALUTE report.

Is there one for a high level view of a project or situation? I am looking for one along the lines of:

- Here is where we are
- Here's what is next
- Current risk
- Current needs

Something along those lines. Not an analysis, but picture of status of a project or program or whatever.

Thanks in advance,

NCW

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
We use a 1-slide status report called a 4-up slide that addresses these in 4 quadrants. Attached is one example.

Attachments

• Elsmar.jpg
    Elsmar.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 227

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
So you already have the tool, but you're looking for a catchy acronym? How about Project Tracking Status Display (PTSD) or Status Tracking Display (STD) or Tracking Record of My Project (TROMP)? :notme:

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
So you already have the tool, but you're looking for a catchy acronym? How about Project Tracking Status Display (PTSD) or Status Tracking Display (STD) or Tracking Record of My Project (TROMP)? :notme:

:biglaugh:

Too funny.

N

ncwalker

Agreed. That is clever.

But not my question.

My question is upper management tends to like buzzwords/acronyms. Is there one for a status? Similar to SWOT.

(Go back to the peanut gallery, Mr. TROMP.) :D

N

ncwalker

Miner - that looks good. I will probably steal it. The two right panels seem redundant. I may replace one of them with Obstacles/Needs.

Miner

Forum Moderator
Leader
Admin
Feel free to modify it any way you like. What's important is that it works.

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
For the catchy buzzword...call it a B.A.C.O.N. update.

Everyone pays attention when you say "Bacon"...

B

BoardGuy

Since this is management I would use SNAFU.

Situation
Normal
All
F (Mom won’t let me say this word)
Up

Top Bottom