Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory
Social Distancing - It's not just YOUR life - It's ALL of OUR lives!
Me <——————— 6 Feet ———————-> You

Interesting Discussion New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached

Bill Levinson

Industrial Statistician and Trainer
Advertiser
thanks for answers
i think no new analysis on existing projects need to be done right ? Can you just carry on with current PFMEA and change the RPN with AP and mitigate risk for failures with high severity, occurrence and finally detection or you need to start from scratch with enterely new PFMEA ?
I also think the company should be informed well in advance if the customer is requesting risk analysis based on the new handbook for upcoming projects although customers not always care about their suppliers and might forget this "small" detail.
My understanding is that you do not have to start from scratch. If you used the 2008 PFMEA manual, you probably have the same severity, occurrence, and detection ratings with the occurrence ratings depending entirely on the nature of the preventive controls that are in place. The AIAG/VDA manual is worth reading, though. It is a significant advance over what they had 20 years ago.

Kiran Walimbe

Involved In Discussions
Thanks bobdoering for sharing the template. I was wondering if either you or some other learned member can explain how to proceed towards developing this control plan from the pFMEA.

Bill Levinson

Industrial Statistician and Trainer
Advertiser
The control plan can be appended to the PFMEA as a dynamic control plan. Each process step (defined in the PFMEA) requires appropriate controls.

bobdoering

Stop X-bar/R Madness!!
Trusted
Filter Code (Option) - The Filter Code column may be used to flag other information designated by the company. It is totally optional. E.g.: If you want to filter only internal process or only value added processes, you could.

Hello all,
I have been working on new PFMEA, I want to ask your opinion for a potential change/improvement
Item 2 of Step#4, Failure analysis describes the Failure Mode for Focus element/step.
However If you consider 4M elements though they altogether make the focus element/step but there are different failure modes for each 4m elements.
What I would suggest to write failure mode of each work element rather than failure mode of focus element/step. this will give more insight for the Work element Failure Cause. Otherwise one must always keep in mind work element function & potential failure. In case you have 4M or 6M, makes the study difficult.

What is your opinion?

Hello,

ın action priority table; when sevirity:7-8, occurence:8-10 and detection:1 AP is H, but if detection is 1 then must occurence be 1 as well, according to detection table? Is'nt it a contradiction? Thank you for your answers in advanced...

Jimmy123

Involved In Discussions
Hello,

ın action priority table; when sevirity:7-8, occurence:8-10 and detection:1 AP is H, but if detection is 1 then must occurence be 1 as well, according to detection table? Is'nt it a contradiction? Thank you for your answers in advanced...
This is not the only one contradiction In this booklet. I heard that this team have worked 3 years on such a book, that makes difficult to understand the method. Attachments is as big as the content. My personal view this book is too expensive for this weak quality. Not a good advertisement for an excellent preventive Methode. Sorry for my statement, I worked round about 30 years in this business.

Top Bottom