New AIAG Special Molding Assessment CQI-23

B

blindgren

I have been requested to complete and submit assessment documentation to CQI-23 to one of our customers. We do very little automotive work and only provide a few parts to this customer in very low volumes. Not being knowledgeable about what is involved with CQI-23 I was hoping to find some detailed information online but to this point all I have found are sites to order materials. Does anyone know of a site they can direct me to that would give me specific information on what is involved so we can assess whether or not to purchase the material and go through the process of completing and uploading the assessment ? Thanks

M

MMacias1988

Hello!!!

So about this CQI-23 thing, i understand that there should be an audit to this assessment right? and this audit should be performed by a qualified person,

Now, i am ISO TS 16949 Lead auditor certified, but i think that this audit should be performed by a third party. Does anyone know where i can contact an auditor for this?

Thank you!:)

cantucb

Starting to get Involved
Hi!
We are an automotive injection plant tier 3 ISO9001:2008 supplier, how does this apply to us? We are looking foward next year transition to ISO9001:2015 and in 2019 transition to IATF.
In a few months people from corporate will be performing this audit at our facilities. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.
Carlos

Marc

Captain Nice
Staff member
Admin
This thread has sort of been "lingering" in that it doesn't appear many companies are affected by it, and it appears no one here has a copy of it to be able to reference it.

If anyone has some information you can share (but not the document its self as it is copyrighted) it will be appreciated.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hi!
We are an automotive injection plant tier 3 ISO9001:2008 supplier, how does this apply to us? We are looking foward next year transition to ISO9001:2015 and in 2019 transition to IATF.
CQI-23 would need to be imposed on you by one or more of your customers for it to apply to you. If there are no customer requirements then you can use it as a guidance document.

In a few months people from corporate will be performing this audit at our facilities. Any suggestion?
What's the purpose of their audit? If they are coming to audit your facilities already expecting compliance, then hopefully you already have a copy of it and are using it as part of your internal audits. If they are coming to audit as a gap analysis, then learn what you can from their audit and make changes if they identify holes or weaknesses in your system.

leftoverture

Involved In Discussions
First, I can't even find the CQI-23 document on AIAG's own website. Their search function appears to be down at the moment. I've also tried the IHS website and couldn't find it there. So where can one get a copy of this standard and how much does it cost?

Like someone else asked earlier...I have one customer asking us to do CQI-23, and I am not familiar with it. Anyone have a link to where i can get a copy?

Thanks,
Tim

Top Bottom