New AIAG Special Molding Assessment CQI-23

B

blindgren

I have been requested to complete and submit assessment documentation to CQI-23 to one of our customers. We do very little automotive work and only provide a few parts to this customer in very low volumes. Not being knowledgeable about what is involved with CQI-23 I was hoping to find some detailed information online but to this point all I have found are sites to order materials. Does anyone know of a site they can direct me to that would give me specific information on what is involved so we can assess whether or not to purchase the material and go through the process of completing and uploading the assessment ? Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

MMacias1988

Hello!!!

So about this CQI-23 thing, i understand that there should be an audit to this assessment right? and this audit should be performed by a qualified person,

Now, i am ISO TS 16949 Lead auditor certified, but i think that this audit should be performed by a third party. Does anyone know where i can contact an auditor for this?

Thank you!:)

cantucb

Starting to get Involved
Hi!
We are an automotive injection plant tier 3 ISO9001:2008 supplier, how does this apply to us? We are looking foward next year transition to ISO9001:2015 and in 2019 transition to IATF.
In a few months people from corporate will be performing this audit at our facilities. Any suggestion?

Thank you in advance.
Carlos

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
This thread has sort of been "lingering" in that it doesn't appear many companies are affected by it, and it appears no one here has a copy of it to be able to reference it.

If anyone has some information you can share (but not the document its self as it is copyrighted) it will be appreciated.

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Hi!
We are an automotive injection plant tier 3 ISO9001:2008 supplier, how does this apply to us? We are looking foward next year transition to ISO9001:2015 and in 2019 transition to IATF.
CQI-23 would need to be imposed on you by one or more of your customers for it to apply to you. If there are no customer requirements then you can use it as a guidance document.

In a few months people from corporate will be performing this audit at our facilities. Any suggestion?
What's the purpose of their audit? If they are coming to audit your facilities already expecting compliance, then hopefully you already have a copy of it and are using it as part of your internal audits. If they are coming to audit as a gap analysis, then learn what you can from their audit and make changes if they identify holes or weaknesses in your system.

leftoverture

Involved In Discussions
First, I can't even find the CQI-23 document on AIAG's own website. Their search function appears to be down at the moment. I've also tried the IHS website and couldn't find it there. So where can one get a copy of this standard and how much does it cost?

Like someone else asked earlier...I have one customer asking us to do CQI-23, and I am not familiar with it. Anyone have a link to where i can get a copy?

Thanks,
Tim

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D AIAG FMEA 4? Ed. Explanation: Relationship between PFMEA and Special Characteristics FMEA and Control Plans 8
Audit Monkey Autocorrelation and special cause variation in the AIAG SPC manual Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 15
Stijloor Special Process Training from AIAG Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
Stijloor New Special Process Guidelines are now available from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
D HT2005 - AIAG Document - Ford heat treaters - Special Processes Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 4
Anerol C Gage R&R Template AIAG 4th Edition IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 0
C AIAG/VDA FMEA - Is the new better? FMEA and Control Plans 0
A PFMEA new AIAG FMEA and Control Plans 0
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
B AIAG/VDA’s FMEA Manual Is a Major Advance (my take on this subject) FMEA and Control Plans 2
B AIAG-VDA FMEA - When the new format will be required FMEA and Control Plans 5
M How to complete structure Analysis and Function analysis sections' columns of AIAG-VDA DFMEA form FMEA and Control Plans 0
bobdoering Informational New AIAG PFMEA Process - Excel Template Attached FMEA and Control Plans 20
C FMEA Process assessment In the Draft for the AIAG/VDA FMEA Manual is gone FMEA and Control Plans 0
S AIAG CQI Auditor Qualification and 3rd Party Certification Requirements General Auditing Discussions 2
K AIAG/VDA FMEA & Process Control Plans FMEA and Control Plans 0
D FMEA-MSR in the AIAG-VDA Aligned Handbook - What is it? FMEA and Control Plans 4
bobdoering AIAG VDA FMEA Handbook - 2019 - something familiar about this.... FMEA and Control Plans 37
S New AIAG FMEA Process - How to complete the new format FMEA and Control Plans 32
C Detection Action for Failure Effects - AIAG 4th Edition Layout FMEA and Control Plans 5
S I have just purchased the all new Core Tools Software (CTS) from AIAG IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 37
J AIAG PPAP: 2.2.11.3 Acceptance Criteria for Initial Study (page 9, 4th edition) APQP and PPAP 1
M Is there a published List of AIAG members requiring IATF certification ? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
A The FILE recommended by AIAG MSA 4ed for LINEARITY Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
I AIAG 2018 Quality Summit - Is it worth it? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
C AIAG's IATF 16949 section 7.1.5.1.1 - Torque MSA Requirement Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
G AIAG FMEA - Major customers of the FMEA process FMEA and Control Plans 3
R Information on the roll out of the new harmonized DRAFT FMEA AIAG/VDA manual IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
G ANOVA GR&R: Minitab vs AIAG MSA results Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 7
H Prerequisites for AIAG APQP/PPAP Certification Exam Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
xfngrs What are the VDA equivalents to AIAG manuals? VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 1
Marc When will Revision 5 of the AIAG FMEA Manual be released? FMEA and Control Plans 93
S Pre-release version of the upcoming AIAG FMEA Revision 5 FMEA and Control Plans 1
C PPAP Rejection for "MSA-GR&R are not using the latest AIAG format" APQP and PPAP 9
kedarg6500 Excel Spreadsheet for AIAG Example wanted Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 3
N AIAG 4th ed. FMEA Manual "Fit" Changed to "Appearance" - Fit severity? FMEA and Control Plans 2
G AIAG CQI-Audits and Auditor Training ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 3
Z Failure Mode Identification in PFMEA according to AIAG FMEA Rev.4 FMEA and Control Plans 6
B New to Metrology and told to complete Gage R&R with AIAG compliant software Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 16
M Where to buy AIAG Manuals ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
S Service Parts PPAP AIAG Manual - Opinions APQP and PPAP 4
L AIAG B-10 Labeling Standard vs. VDA 4902 ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
O Any recommendations on good book on Control Plans besides AIAG? FMEA and Control Plans 3
Stijloor AIAG Layered Process Audit 2nd Ed. (CQI-8) is now available. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
K 4th Edition AIAG FMEA Occurrence, Severity and Detection Criteria for Plastics FMEA and Control Plans 1
E CQI-7T Form - AIAG Process Identification Tool 95-2000 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
D What is an AIAG Sustainability Report? Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 1
Q Is AIAG PPAP section 2.1 waiver a solution? APQP and PPAP 7
E What's the difference: AIAG-PPAP's "Significant Production Run" and "Run @ Rate"? APQP and PPAP 11