New ASQ CQA (certified quality auditor) body of knowledge (BOK)

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Just wanted to give people a heads up that there is a new CQA body of knowledge and format change for the exam. Starting with the June 2004 exams, the test will be extended to 5 hours, and will include 25~30 questions based on case studies.

**** DEAD LINK REMOVED ***

I know there was a recent thread kind of bashing the CQA exam - any thoughts on this revision?

D

db

From the sebsite: "...new BOK..." It kinda makes you wonder why they needed a new body of knowledge. Was the old body of knowledge defective? :confused:

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
db said:
From the sebsite: "...new BOK..." It kinda makes you wonder why they needed a new body of knowledge. Was the old body of knowledge defective? :confused:
Yep, just like the 1987 and 1994 versions of ISO 9001. :p Maybe it's their version of continual improvement.

J

JaySturgeon

Again and again

Thank God I have enough re-cert points. I will take a look at the new BOK though. Interesting though. Membership is down, maybe another way to make more money on exams. Opps I didn't say that did I? Oh well it's early yet. I'll starighten up, I promise.

NOT!

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

My first impression after reviewing the BOK is - GREEAAT!!! I think evaluating case studies is a definate improvement.

When I passed the CQA on my first attempt, I had not put much effort into studying and was mildly surprised (although pretty confident) I had passed. It seemed you only had to be able to differentiate between types and scopes of audits. Ergo, my comments in various threads that, IMO, the CQA is "hands down" the easiest of the certifications to pass. We currently have 3 CQAs but there are tremendous differences in their "understanding" of what an audit is supposed to accomplish (I suppose that's true everywhere).

My feeling is this change will now "put some teeth" into the certification (at least in my eyes).

When I retake the exam next year (yes I let my certification lapse last year :bonk: ) we'll see if I feel the same way :rolleyes:

Bill

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
howste said:
JStarting with the June 2004 exams, the test will be extended to 5 hours, and will include 25~30 questions based on case studies.
Anyone know what has become of this? Did this happen? Has it been a positive step?

F

Fatboy

Cqa Bok

I recently took the CQA exam (and passed!). The case study questions were effective in that they put the auditor in real life auditing situations thereby applying auditing techniques and practices; not just theory. They were however a little time consuming.

:2cents:

D

Dan LaBelle

Fatboy said:
I recently took the CQA exam (and passed!). The case study questions were effective in that they put the auditor in real life auditing situations thereby applying auditing techniques and practices; not just theory. They were however a little time consuming.

:2cents:

I totally agree. I also just took the new version of the CQA and passed as well. I think the case studies should be in the front of the exam. I had to hurry a little through the case studies and only needed about 10% of the readings to answer the questions. 5hrs was long though, my neck was pretty sore. I think there should be more weight on the case studies to ensure consistent audit conclusions.

Top Bottom