New ASQ CQA (certified quality auditor) body of knowledge (BOK)

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
Just wanted to give people a heads up that there is a new CQA body of knowledge and format change for the exam. Starting with the June 2004 exams, the test will be extended to 5 hours, and will include 25~30 questions based on case studies.

**** DEAD LINK REMOVED ***

I know there was a recent thread kind of bashing the CQA exam - any thoughts on this revision?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
From the sebsite: "...new BOK..." It kinda makes you wonder why they needed a new body of knowledge. Was the old body of knowledge defective? :confused:

howste

Thaumaturge
Super Moderator
db said:
From the sebsite: "...new BOK..." It kinda makes you wonder why they needed a new body of knowledge. Was the old body of knowledge defective? :confused:
Yep, just like the 1987 and 1994 versions of ISO 9001. :p Maybe it's their version of continual improvement.

J

JaySturgeon

Again and again

Thank God I have enough re-cert points. I will take a look at the new BOK though. Interesting though. Membership is down, maybe another way to make more money on exams. Opps I didn't say that did I? Oh well it's early yet. I'll starighten up, I promise.

NOT!

B

Bill Ryan - 2007

My first impression after reviewing the BOK is - GREEAAT!!! I think evaluating case studies is a definate improvement.

When I passed the CQA on my first attempt, I had not put much effort into studying and was mildly surprised (although pretty confident) I had passed. It seemed you only had to be able to differentiate between types and scopes of audits. Ergo, my comments in various threads that, IMO, the CQA is "hands down" the easiest of the certifications to pass. We currently have 3 CQAs but there are tremendous differences in their "understanding" of what an audit is supposed to accomplish (I suppose that's true everywhere).

My feeling is this change will now "put some teeth" into the certification (at least in my eyes).

When I retake the exam next year (yes I let my certification lapse last year :bonk: ) we'll see if I feel the same way :rolleyes:

Bill

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
howste said:
JStarting with the June 2004 exams, the test will be extended to 5 hours, and will include 25~30 questions based on case studies.
Anyone know what has become of this? Did this happen? Has it been a positive step?

F

Fatboy

Cqa Bok

I recently took the CQA exam (and passed!). The case study questions were effective in that they put the auditor in real life auditing situations thereby applying auditing techniques and practices; not just theory. They were however a little time consuming.

:2cents:

D

Dan LaBelle

Fatboy said:
I recently took the CQA exam (and passed!). The case study questions were effective in that they put the auditor in real life auditing situations thereby applying auditing techniques and practices; not just theory. They were however a little time consuming.

:2cents:
I totally agree. I also just took the new version of the CQA and passed as well. I think the case studies should be in the front of the exam. I had to hurry a little through the case studies and only needed about 10% of the readings to answer the questions. 5hrs was long though, my neck was pretty sore. I think there should be more weight on the case studies to ensure consistent audit conclusions.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) - Self - study help Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
G I passed the ASQ-CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam Professional Certifications and Degrees 12
B ASQ - CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) exam next week !! Professional Certifications and Degrees 18
L ASQ CQA (Certified Quality Auditor) Test - Any advice for me? Professional Certifications and Degrees 6
H RABQSA ISO 9001:2008 Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA - Which certification? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
S What Reference Material is allowed in the ASQ CQA Exam ? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
H Choosing between RABQSA Lead Auditor or ASQ CQA Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
J ASQ CQA, RABQSA Internal Auditor, or IRCA Internal Auditor Professional Certifications and Degrees 11
G ASQ CQA Certification vs. RABQSA or IRCA Lead Auditor Certification Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
M ASQ CQA Exam June 4, 2011 - Best resource for preparation Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
J Passed ASQ CQA. Next ASQ CQT Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
S ASQ Recertification Units (RUs) for my CQE,CQA Recertification Journal ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 9
T What is the best primer to study for the ASQ CQA exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
ScottK RABQSA Certification for ASQ CQA's - Some Questions Professional Certifications and Degrees 3
J ASQ's CQA, CQT and CMI Certifications - NEW Sample exams release Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
A Quality Council of Indiana - ASQ's CQE and CQA Certification exam materials Professional Certifications and Degrees 23
J Can an ASQ CQA train internal auditors? Internal Auditing 2
Y ASQ CQE and CSSGB; What next? Career and Occupation Discussions 1
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
S Is using ANSI/ASQ Z1.4-2008 the correct sampling plan to determine Pass/Fail of Apparel measurements? AQL - Acceptable Quality Level 4
E Preparing for the ASQ CPGP (GMP professional exam), how to revise and remember the vast syllabus? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
T ASQ CQE vs CMQ/OE Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
Sidney Vianna Continual decline of ASQ - can it be saved? Nov 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 15
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
R ASQ reference material clarification - Spiral bound materials allowed in ASQ Exam? Professional Certifications and Degrees 1
andika_untoro ASQ CQE Exam Group for Dec 2019 / Jan 2020 Preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 18
A Any recommendation for ASQ's CPGP (Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) Certification exam questions? ASQ - American Society for Quality 2
Q ASQ/ANSI Z1.4–2003 (R2018) Change Log? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
J ASQ Chicago Training Institute - If any of you are interesting in teaching ASQ Certification preparation ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
D ASQ CMQ/OE Certification - Share your thoughts ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
T ASQ Lean 6sigma BB examination Six Sigma 3
R ASQ, CQI,............where else ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
Marc ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 - Phoenix, AZ ASQ - American Society for Quality 0
Bev D ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference March 4-5, 2019 Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C AS9100 rev D 8.5.1 c 2 - Defining the Machine in-process frequency per ANSI/ASQ Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Sidney Vianna ASQ apparently doesn't know ISO does not issue ISO 9001 certificates? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
Marc ASQ Linkedin Group - Microsoft Sharepoint discussion - June 2017 Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 0
P ASQ Certified Supplier Quality Professional is the certification worth it? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Q Passed ASQ Certified Quality Process Analyst Exam! What next? Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
R The on-line re-certification option on ASQ's website Professional Certifications and Degrees 5
R Material allowed in the ASQ CQPA (Certified Quality Process Analyst) Exam ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 2
howste ASQ is Transitioning to Computer Based Exams ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 13
Bev D Bev D at 2015 ASQ World Conference in Nashville Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
W Results of the ASQ CSSBB Exam March 07 2015 Professional Certifications and Degrees 62
S Any suggestions for ASQ CPGP (Certified Pharmaceutical GMP Professional) exam prep? ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 4
Bev D ASQ 2015 Lean Six Sigma Conference: Bev D's Presentation Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
D Any experience with the SME/AME/Shingo/ASQ Lean BOK/Certifications? Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
V WOW ....Got past through the ASQ CSSBB exam... Professional Certifications and Degrees 5