New Catchy Quality Policy Ideas Wanted

We are working on developing a new Quality Policy.

Has anyone seen some really catchy ones that stand out?

I really want it to be short and sweet easy to remember yet be meaningful to our everyday culture and was hoping for some examples that might help in developing this.

:thanx:

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
We are working on developing a new Quality Policy.

Has anyone seen some really catchy ones that stand out?

I really want it to be short and sweet easy to remember yet be meaningful to our everyday culture and was hoping for some examples that might help in developing this.

:thanx:
Sean,

What is your "everyday culture"? Understanding that may help us to help you.

Meanwhile:

"We help each other to understand and fulfill requirements thereby creating more successful customers."

...of course it'll need your management system to back it up.

John

normzone

Trusted Information Resource
What is your "everyday culture"? Understanding that may help us to help you.

Meanwhile:

"We help each other to understand and fulfill requirements thereby creating more successful customers."

...of course it'll need your management system to back it up.
John is right on point - I'll not share my quality policy, because I'm so proud of it and I want no imitators :lol: but :

[ ISO 9000:2005 (E) Quality management systems – Fundamentals and vocabulary ]
recommends as follows:

2.5 Quality policy and quality objectives
Quality policy and quality objectives are established to provide a focus to direct the organization.

Both determine the desired results and assist the organization to apply its resources to achieve these results.

The quality policy provides a framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives.

The quality objectives need to be consistent with the quality policy and the commitment to continual improvement, and their achievement needs to be measurable.

The achievement of quality objectives can have a positive impact on product quality, operational effectiveness and financial performance and thus on the satisfaction and confidence of interested parties.

And 5.3 in ISO 9001:2008 a - e gives you the rest of the requirements.

Those canned Q policies that contain the phrases "customer satisfaction" and "continual improvement" sound like they came out of an online policy generator.

I always wanted to have a Q policy that went "Better products and performance, more happier customers" but that's probably cutting it a bit short.

I am certainly not wanting to copy anyone's policy just looking for some ideas and what others have seen or used. I have at times seen very long one page policies that no one remembers what it says.

I have heard it said that Ford Quality is ......

Most anyone can recall that. It may not be their quality policy but it is short catchy and everyone can remember it.

Our culture is one that promotes both teamwork and individual contribution. We offer cross training in other areas just to see if you really would like to move to that area when an opening does come along. Any single position has it's basics but any teammate can also expand upon it and contribute in so many ways. If I was a xxx operator, I can be on reruitment teams, safety teams, first responder teams, high angle rescue, etc. There are many opportunites and it is encouraged and highly recommended that you explore and participate in something outside your own job duties.

RoxaneB

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
What you hear from Ford is not a Quality Policy - in my opinion - but a slogan. Nike's popular catch phrase is also a slogan. Slogans are catchy and resonate with people...but they are not policies. If you need to clarify the difference, one addresses all of the requirements of the standard (and hopefully the system), while the other is akin to an executive summary of the policy.

So, when it comes to the creation of your slogan, why not have a contest internal to your organization? Or have an open door crowdsourcing lunch where anyone from the company - even family members! - can attend.

At least this way, the slogan will resonate with the team and vested stakeholders.

We did something similar to this with our internal team. Operations has undergone some serious revamping and over-hauling this past year and we were beginning to question who we were and what we offered. We did surveys internal to our team and to our internal customers on what our strengths are (and should be) - with the results, we generated a word cloud.

After that, we considered the words on the cloud and the services we offer. With much discussion and debate, we ended up combining two submissions into (without the actual formatting that we use):

Quality. Knowledge. Results.
Your needs. Our Passion.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Looking for Quality Content to Build Medical Device Curriculum - Concept to Commercialization Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
M Quality Metrics Questions Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 2
F Quality manual for trading company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
D Imaging/Image Quality Standards Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
D Quality Team Structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
V Quality Objectives - ISO 9001 2015 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
E Best way to keep up with pharmaceutical quality knowledge and current affairs Service Industry Specific Topics 1
C Quality assurance in Pharmacovigilance Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
I Quality Policy and Objectives examples Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 4
Miner Quality checks of product QR codes FMEA and Control Plans 2
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 15
M Operational (free) simulation games for manufacturing and quality Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 5
I Help: QFD House of Quality Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 1
F Risk for Quality Assurance Department in a Hospital - Hospital Incident Reporting ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
I New to LEAN but not to Quality - How to run Kaizen events Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S SOP for ISO 13485:2016 Quality related Software validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
S Cost of Poor Quality (CoPQ) - Scrap element of calculation includes lost margin? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
S Quality manager considering data science Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 19
M Specific Values of Quality Objectives Benchmarking 7
J How to make Quality Control plans Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 5
P VDA AIAG FMEA - Slides for Quality Audience FMEA and Control Plans 4
T Question about Quality Department employee position titles Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
C Quality Manager vs Warranty (service) Manager - Authorities & Responsibilities Customer Complaints 2
S Proposed Quality Improvement - Thoughts? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
was named killer CLOUD BASED QUALITY DOCUMENTATION vs. SERVER BASED Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
W Air Quality Measurement Hardware and Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 11
B Seven Basic Quality Tools (January 23) [Paid] Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
Q Quality Objectives Not Met - Resources promised by investors ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
E Resources for Planning for top quality Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 6
V What plans have been put in place to achieve quality objectives? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
B Include cost of quality (and other wastes) in an ISO 9001 system? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R CQA Primer by the Quality Council of Indiana ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Objectives in Quality Policy ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
I Good resources for learning statistics (quality engineering related) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 10
B What is the role of Quality Engineer in APQP and PPAP APQP and PPAP 3
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
Ron Rompen Internal Quality Alert Program Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 0
C Quality at Logistical Service Provider Service Industry Specific Topics 0
F Process Review - What is the ISO requirement for reviewing SOPs and quality documentation? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
U Manufacturing solutions and keeping records on quality Content CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
R Role of quality compliance in SAP Software Quality Assurance 2
K ISO 13485 section 5.3 Quality Policy - No framework for establishing and reviewing quality objectives ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
Sidney Vianna IATF 16949 News Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
S QUALITY OBJECTIVEs for third party garments factory inspection ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7