New company looking for help with nonconformance reports and corrective actions

C

chico613

My company needs a more affective way to initiate nonconformance reports which will in turn initiate corrective/preventive actions. The manufacturing mananger wants to see some examples. :thanx:

Al Rosen

Leader
Super Moderator
chico613 said:
My company needs a more affective way to initiate nonconformance reports which will in turn initiate corrective/preventive actions. The manufacturing mananger wants to see some examples. :thanx:
Examples of what? Nonconformances? NC Forms?

C

chico613

I guess I should have also mentioned that we are applying for ISO-9001-2k cert. in April. When I mention ncr logs and forms he gives me a strange look as if i am on drugs. So to answer your question any thing would be helpful. I have been thrown into this as no one else has the time to give to this.

I

IEGeek - 2006

First off, welcome to the Cove. I can assure you there is a ton of good information on this forum.

Second, I notice that your company only has six employees. Is that correct? If so, I would think that implementing a system shoud not be extremely difficult, challenging, but not overly difficult.

If you are looking for some N/C forms, those are available. If you are looking for some actual N/C those are also available, but most would not give them up (confidentiality and what not) however, there are a plethora of examples on here and on the web.

My biggest concern for you right now is this; you stated that you are going for certification in April. I can only assume you mean 2005. That is relatively short with no history, with no documented N/Cs and obviously no completed CAR. This is just a question and I am sure the experts on here will have varied opinions, but will you be truly ready in April? Or do you just need the cert? In other words, are you gaining the knowledge, or just learning to pass the test?

I think your registrar should be able to help with most of this but here is a form we use in my company that seems to work well and makes implementation easier. It is more of an 8D than a N/C but it works well.

Good luck, and if you need anything else, the Cove is only a click away

Just some thoughts....

Attachments

• 8D Template PDF.pdf
    233.1 KB · Views: 3,438

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
chico613 said:
Welcome to the Cove:bigwave:
I guess I should have also mentioned that we are applying for ISO-9001-2k cert. in April. When I mention ncr logs and forms he gives me a strange look as if i am on drugs. So to answer your question any thing would be helpful. I have been thrown into this as no one else has the time to give to this.
Generally, maintaining logs for ncr indicates to me either
  1. a huge organization struggling to maintain a central database of ncr occurrences for future action under Continual Improvement
    OR
  2. a small organization with too many ncrs
    OR
  3. a small organization trying to impose documentation systems from big companies where they are not needed.
Many small companies do not use logs, either for internal ncr or external ncr about products or services from suppliers. They maintain the records of ncr with the product quality file or with the Material Review Board which conducted the Corrective Action and made recommendations for some Preventive Action as part of Continual Improvement.

Why don't you tell us more details so we can get a handle on your true problem?

M

MikeL

NC is not CAR

Nonconformance reporting can be as simple as a "black book" for recording stuff-ups.

All you need to record is what went wrong and what you did about it.

So if I made a batch of product with red handles instead of blue ones I would write

"Problem

Order 97 made with red handles instead of blue ones.

Action

Got staff together and talked about problem. Took off red handles and put on blue ones"

I never use a form for NC's, they get lost, nobody wants to fill in their life's history, they end up on the manager's desk waiting for his comments and signature, he goes on leave......

Corrective action is a separate process.

I

IEGeek - 2006

YOUR MANAGERS GET LEAVE???????

Can I come work there? Pretty please with sugar on top? :tg:

amjadrana

Involved - Posts
The Form attached by IEGeek is a good and detailed example of a non- conformity and a corrective and preventive action. A nonconformity can be recorded on the same form and depending on the nature of non-conformity, it can be expanded to become a corrective action.

R

ralphsulser

Here is an example of Non-conformance/Corrective Action Request, and Internal Audit report. May help you build your owm template.

Attachments

• CAR NCR form example.xls
    45 KB · Views: 2,099
M

MikeL

...just sign here, and here and over here and....

I suppose you guys must be adept at filling in paper.

My experience has been that the effectiveness of nonconformance and corective action systems are inversely proportional to the number of boxes on the forms.

Top Bottom