New Equipment form / template

duff999

Quite Involved in Discussions
I am looking to develop a form to capture equipment characteristics such as model, serial number, date of calibration, PM, etc to be used for new and existing equipment.

Any help or samples would be appreciated.

Thanks

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
FWIW, I've never used a "form"...just put the data into our calibration system (and perhaps asset log depending on value).
A form seems like an unneeded extra step.

duff999

Thank you. We do have a equipment register where we log all the equipment, gages etc. I was looking to create a form to use as input to this

Ninja

Looking for Reality
My own curiosity...what additional value is gained by having the form?

If I were forced to use one, I would simply make it in XL with a list of the info items needed...but I would recognize that a blank piece of paper or a paper napkin would accomplish the same thing so long as the data got into asset tracking...then the form goes into the shredder.

duff999

I was thinking that I would use this form to include supplier info, part number serial number, PM and cal frequency, the type of PM required and attach the mfg manual to it as well. I agree with the spreadsheet but trying to have these documents live inside our eQMS

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Live, fillable? or Live, available to print?

If just "available to print", simply make it in XL with all the boxes you want, save it as pdf and off you go...
In my experience, each company wants slightly different info on assets (I never cared about supplier, only brand for example).

It looks like you've already thought about what info you want...go for it.

Best of luck to you!

Top Bottom