New IASG 3rd Edition Interpretations

J

Joe Ptak

I just received a fax from our registrar which mentioned the newly-issued IASG QS-9000 3rd Edition Sanctioned Interpretations of January 22, 1999. Anyone hear anything about this, or if they are available anywhere on the web?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bryon C Simmons

Really?????? News to me......I didnt know there were going to be any more Interpretations published by IASG.

I would like to get me a copy too.......if anybody knows where or how.

Bryon

B

Bryon C Simmons

No kidding, Marc. THe merry-go-round is spinning faster....is it ever gonna stop?

This should be interesting.

Bryon

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
rdparris wrote:
I personally attended the big 3 roll out meeting in Detroit held by the top taskforce members with suppliers and was told (no rumor) that there would be no need for more interpretations. That there would be no interpretations.
Well, I see you're new to this game!

NOTE!!!

No more interpretations exist!
He he he! Yeah, big 3, right. No more need for interpretations.... Chuckle chuckle! Tee hee hee! Haw haw haw![/b]

Note to dparris: I'm not aiming this 'humour' at you. I just wanted to use the quote because of the context!

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 20 August 1999).]

R

Roger Eastin

I guess your faith in the QS9K standard is better than mine. I never see Sanctioned Interpretations going away. QS attempts to look like a generic spec like ISO, but it is actually very prescriptive. Along with that comes Sanctioned Interpretations. Look at how many questions (cumulative) we get in this Q&A forum for QS-stuff compared to ISO. In fact, I think we ain't seen nothin' yet if QS continues to get more prescriptive! Maybe the ISO light will go off in the Big 3 think tank and QS will get simpler! Somehow I don't think so........

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Yeah - I know. It was just that rumour that I fell for (interpretations by AISG [or whatever] were extinct). Nope - I have no 'faith' in QS9000. QS9000 is a customer requirement, not an international spec. Because of my military manufacturing experience, I equate it to the vague (sometimes) or simply confusing or just plain stupid (often) Mil-Specs I used to work with.

Remember $500 hammers? On the other hand there 'some' good points to QS9000. One is my business increases (he he he
)

No, really, QS has good points. Just poorly written, attempts to address a wide spectrum of industries but is too narrow to do so, etc., etc.

And I just LOVE the copyright on the interpretations!

R

rdparris

In response to Marc's comments about the interpretations. I personally attended the big 3 roll out meeting in Detroit held by the top taskforce members with suppliers and was told (no rumor) that there would be no need for more interpretations. That there would be no interpretations.

I just found out today that we're back into this circle again.

Am I management rep....or a lawyer just trying to keep up with ever variable laws?

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Am I management rep....or a lawyer just trying to keep up with ever variable laws?
Now that you mention it..... You're a lawyer!
(PLEASE... No "Call me a cab" "OK - You're a cab" jokes.)

Take a good look at <a href="http://Elsmar.com/obsolete/tis_me.html" target="blank">what I wrote</a> back when I set this site up.

AIAG, IASG, Plexus - it's not bribery and it may not technically be criminal, but it's usery. "You need our training! You need our books! You need 'certified' internal auditors! You need registration! You need to put Ford, GM and Chrysler FIRST!

However I will say, when a company chooses to court Ford, GM and Chrysler, their choice is to (attampt to) comply. The old 'You asked for it!'

Can you say:

"Moving Target"? "Vague"? "Interest Group"? "Conflict of Interest"? "Inflexible"? "Expensive"? "More 'Interpretations'"?

[This message has been edited by Marc Smith (edited 20 August 1999).]

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q IASG Sanctioned Interpretations for QS 9000 QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
V IASG sanctioned interpretations QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
D Guide 25 Extension, IASG Interpretations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
Marc Calibration Laboratory Requirements - 4.11.2.b.1 IASG Interpretations QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 0
A Becoming an ISO27001 3rd Party Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 4
A Non-Conformances Found After 3rd Party Sorting Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 12
G Do HIPAA Rules Apply to a 3rd Party Logistics Shipper? Other US Medical Device Regulations 2
J Extent of 2017/745: providing 3rd party mass produced devices to NHS patients EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S AIAG CQI Auditor Qualification and 3rd Party Certification Requirements General Auditing Discussions 2
J Where I can get a copy of either the 3rd or 4th edition of UL544? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
W Internal Auditing carried out by a 3rd party - Review of previous audits AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
M 3rd Party Sorting and Inspection Company Certification Service Industry Specific Topics 4
D Auditing Our Outsourced 2nd-3rd Party Internal Audit Company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M CE self-certify, or needs testing by 3rd party? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 12
Douglas E. Purdy ISO/IEC 17025:2017 3rd Ed. Changes from 2nd Ed. ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
A CAR from 3rd party AS9100D auditor - Root cause dilemma AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 45
S ISO 9001:2015 Gap Analysis - In-House or 3rd Party? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
T List of Tests - IEC 61010-1, 3rd edition and IEC 60601-1, 3.1 edition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
O IATF 16949 3rd party auditor training sources IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
O Difference in 60601-1-2 3rd and 4th ed separation RF portable equipment CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
O Standards used for IEC 60601-1-2 3rd ed. Vs. 4th ed. CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
M IATF 16949 - Multiple Locations - 3rd party audit scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
J 3rd Party Certification and QMS Revisions Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
Sidney Vianna Proposed Change to 3rd Party Audit Process - Limiting Scope of Audit Registrars and Notified Bodies 19
A How to 3rd Party Audit ISO 9001 Clause 7.1.6 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A How to approach ISO 9001:2015 Clause 7.1.6 when 3rd Party Auditing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
Stijloor Calculating (3rd Party) Audit Days for Company with Seasonal Employees General Auditing Discussions 3
C IEC EN 61010 3rd Edition Safety Design Checklist Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
L Differences in the requirements between IEC 60601-1 3rd ed. and EN 60601-1:2006 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
E GR&R ANOVA 3rd Factor for Fixture Nests Using Minitab Software 3
K IEC60601 3rd Edition Insulation Thickness for electrosurgical devices IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
J Bias formula in MSA 4th Edition vs 3rd Edition Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
L IEC 60601-1 Amendment 1 3rd Edition and Brazil ABNT NBR IEC 60601-1:2010 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
L Release of Audit Results Report to 3rd Party ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
M Reducing cost of IEC 60601 3rd edition testing IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 14
G Risk Management file for EN 60601-1 3rd test ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 3
B Did UL 60601-1 change when the IEC 60601-1 standard changed to the 3rd edition? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
L IEC 60601-1 3rd edition Clause 9.2.2 Trapping Zone (Acceptable Gaps) IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
O EN 61000-4-6 changes from 2008 (3rd ed.) to 2013 (4th ed.) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
C 60601-1 13.1.2 - Passive Device Energized by 3rd Party Device IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
H Recognition of and Transition to IEC 60601-1 3rd Edition in Korea IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
C Looking for 3rd party audit firm for unique contract, have RFP General Auditing Discussions 1
T IEC 60601 3rd Labeling Requirements and Software GUI IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 1
E FDA Implementation Date for IEC 60601 - 3rd Edition IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 6
N IEC 60601-1 , 3rd edition and the FDA - Special 510k to my updated Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 40
J What does recertification do? 6.9 Recertification of the Rules 3rd. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Manix Should a 3rd Party Auditor Audit against IATF rules and not just the ISO standard? General Auditing Discussions 4
J Requirements to Ship Medical Devices to the EU - IEC 60601-1 3rd. Ed. IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
S Are you struggling with your IEC 60601-1 3rd edition testing lab? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 16
S AAMI EC57 for ECG Medical Device - Seeking 3rd Party Test Laboratory US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5