New IATF "Rules" and Auditor Recertification

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
Do anybody know anything about planned new version of Automotive Certification Scheme ("Rules")?
Do anybody know anything about concept of TS auditor recertification without exam (on the basis of experience in TS auditing)?

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
I've just heard rumblings - no specifics that I can nail down. I'm interested to hear what others know.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Do anybody know anything about planned new version of Automotive Certification Scheme ("Rules")?
Do anybody know anything about concept of TS auditor recertification without exam (on the basis of experience in TS auditing)?

Best source would be the IATF, but I will contact the IAOB....;)

Stijloor.

A

andrewg

In terms of the Auditor Recertification, in the UK, this certainly takes place still with an examination. I have arranged this training in the past two months for two staff members, plus I have discussed with the course provider.

Not heard anything about a change in the rules. Would be interested to know what the planned changes are? Anyone got any ideas??

Peters

Quite Involved in Discussions
I think they will adopt SI to the rules because we have mish-mash in the rules now. And maybe they have new ideas for TS certification...

And about auditor recertification... Maybe it's rumour...
But "well-informed circles" :lmao: say that from January 2009 IATF will lenghten auditor qualifications/certificates without exam, on the basis of audits done by auditor (I don't know the quantity of required audits).
Maybe somebody know more about this concept...

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator

From a source close to the "horse's mouth." Info is still limited though.....

Does anybody know anything about planned new version of Automotive Certification Scheme ("Rules")?

The 3rd edition rules should be issued in the 4th qtr of 2008.

Does anybody know anything about concept of TS auditor recertification without exam (on the basis of experience in TS auditing)?

The recertification is web based.

Stijloor.

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
And no information about the contents?

"Web based"? Can you explain this?

Peters,

Web based? Sorry, that's all "my source" could reveal.

As far as the "rules" are concerned...because so many FAQ's and SI's were released after the release of the "rules"; I assume that the IATF want to do a major cleanup, but I do not expect "entirely new" rules to be included.

Stijloor.

Top Bottom