New Internet Virus Alert - Hackarmy Trojan

R

ralphsulser

New Internet Virus Alert

I just received this info from our IT Dept. so thought I'd pass it along:

Hackarmy Trojan lures victims with Bin Laden death message
Users beware: A file posing as photographic evidence that Osama Bin Laden has killed himself is in fact infected by the Hackarmy Trojan horse, according to Sophos. The Lynnfield, Mass.-based IT security firm said thousands of messages have been posted on Internet message boards and Usenet newsgroups. It claims CNN journalists found the terrorist leader's hanged body earlier this week, but that the photographs have not been officially made public because the U.S. government wants to verify it's Bin Laden. The messages point to a Web site where a file can be downloaded, purporting to contain photographs. In reality the file contains the Trojan, which can allow hackers to gain remote control of the victim's computer. A typical message reads: "Osama Bin Ladin was found hanged by two CNN journalists early Wednesday evening. As evidence they took several photos, some of which I have included here. As yet, this information has not hit the headlines due to Bush wanting confirmation of his identity but the journalists have released some early photos over the Internet." Graham Cluley, Sophos's senior technology consultant, said, "Hackers and virus writers will try all kinds of tricks to entice people into downloading their malicious code. It seems this time that the hacker has focused on the public's morbid curiosity and appetite for news on the war against terror."

This is just to keep you informed of the different ways people are trying to get viruses to users.

Top Bottom