New MDR 2017/745 Transition Strategy - 2019

Hi,
I need to issue the transition plan from the MDD to the new MDR.
We are manufacturers for class IIa and IIb devices.

Can anyone please help me with a sample of the plan?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

JoshuaFroud

Involved In Discussions
Hi Oneves

The transition plan is likely to be highly dependent on your business, your product and gap assessment.

I would suggest the place to start would be to conduct a gap assessment against your current QMS and technical documentation against the new requirements of the MDR. Once you have established what needs be done you can create a transition plan that against your certificate expiry to ensure you are certified to the MDR prior to your MDD certificate expiring.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
There are a lot of free MDR-related resources on BSI's website, including guidance on transition planning.

Please feel welcome to PM me (hover over my R avatar for a few seconds, then click "start private conversation") if you need more help.

Our company is IATF 16949 certified. From our last IATF audit, last month we received a corrective action request to get our suppliers from ISO 9001:2015 to IATF 16949. At this time we need to come up with a plan. Our suppliers range from 15 employees to over 300 employees. How do we work with our suppliers to create a plan that works for their company?

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Declaration of conformity as per EU MDR (2017/745) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
K Supply Agreement Regarding MDR 2017/745 - Manufacturer-supplier cooperation Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
T Commission proposal being drawn up for postponement for date of application of MDR (2017/745) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
F Will the EU postpone 2017/745 MDR Implementation - COVID-19 Impact Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 11
M Informational Is my device a Reusable Surgical Instrument under the EU MDR(2017/745)? Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D MDR 2017/745 Classification Guide EU Medical Device Regulations 8
M Informational EU – Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
dgrainger Informational MDCG 2019-11: Guidance on Qualification and Classification of Software in Regulation (EU) 2017/745 – MDR and Regulation (EU) 2017/746 – IVDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational New designated Notified Body for Regulation (EU) 2017/745 (MDR) included in Nando – IMQ ISTITUTO ITALIANO DEL MARCHIO DI QUALITÀ S.P.A. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational Some things the EU MDR 2017/745 does not tell you, but you may need to know to comply with it effectively – Part 1 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
xcanals_tecno-med.es Qualification of sterilization indicators as medical devices with the EU MDR 2017/745 EU Medical Device Regulations 7
G Pyrogen Test - Sterilization Validation - MDR 2017/745 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 6
G Pyrogen Test - MDR 2017/745 Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
M MDR 2017/745 sterile and non-sterile labeling EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M Informational EU – Medical devices: Implementation of Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices (MDR) – Information from the Irish and German delegations Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
F Interpretation of MDR 2017/745 Article 23 - CE Mark Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 6
I 2017/745 (MDR) - Instruction for use (IFU) - manufacturer's website EU Medical Device Regulations 11
F MDR 2017/745 Basic UDI-DI, UDI-DI & UDI-PI EU Medical Device Regulations 0
C Usability IEC 62366-1:2015 and MDR 2017/745 - Risk based approach IEC 62366 - Medical Device Usability Engineering 1
F EU MDR 2017/745 Rolling Plan Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 4
moounir Medical Device Nomenclature - Free of Charge? (European Union MDR MDR 2017/745) EU Medical Device Regulations 7
G EU MDR 2017/745 Rule 11 interpretation - Re-classification of a Software as Medical Device Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
M Informational Scope of BSI for the MDR – Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
W TF according to MDR 745/2017 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 5
D Responsible for regulatory compliance (Article 15 of MDR 2017/745) Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
S MDR (Medical Device Regulations 2017/745) training recommendation for Auditors EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R MDR 745/2017 keynote - I'm a student and I'm writing a thesis EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Ronen E Transition to MDR (EU 2017/745) - I'd like to make an offer EU Medical Device Regulations 12
M Informational EU – Next Notified Body designated to the MDR 2017/475 is IMQ S.p.A from Italy Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
shimonv The new "features" of the MDR - Dec 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 4
Sam Lazzara EU MDR Safety & Performance Requirements vs. MDD ERs (June 2017) EU Medical Device Regulations 3
M MDR and IVDR to be published May 5th 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 14
SteveK MDR & IVDR Introduction in late May 2017 EU Medical Device Regulations 1
Z MDR Class Ir deadline (Reusable surgical instruments) EU Medical Device Regulations 12
B MDR equvalent device - can you use a medicine as an equivalent 'device' EU Medical Device Regulations 8
N Harmonized Standards for MDR Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K Is UDI (Unique Device Identifier) symbol mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
K EU MDR Annex 1 Chapter III: Information in the Instructions for Use-23.4 (e) the performance characteristics of the device; EU Medical Device Regulations 1
R Requirements for MDR Article 22 Systems EU Medical Device Regulations 1
H EU MDR Economic Operator notifications? EU Medical Device Regulations 1
M MDR EU Distributor for our CE Mark product in the for Netherlands EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K Class III Kit Box - Are translations mandatory under EU MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
B Herbal ingredients MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S MDR GSPR Clause 17 - Software Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 2
N Which EN ISO 17664 version compliance to EU MDR? Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 3
D Hospital Decontamination and the MDR - Technical Files, UDI and PMS EU Medical Device Regulations 3
K Submission of MDR File - Partner Companies - Computed Tomography (CT) CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 10
B How to classify a medical device based on MDR? EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A MDR GSPR Checklist wanted EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Rincewind MDR - GSPR - Annex I - Chapter II EU Medical Device Regulations 2