New model for existing Class I Device Listing (510K exempt)

ganglai

Registered Visitor
Hi all,

We have a device listing for a class I medical device under our company's establishment registration.

If we have a new model developed for the same product code listed under the device listing, what should I do to enable us to sell this new model to the US Market.

I am new to this FDA Device Listing. All help is appreciated.

Thank you.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: New model for existing Class I Device Listing (510K exampt)

Assume the new model was developed following 21 CFR 820 applicable sections. You update your listing information to add the new model by entering into your FURLS account.

Regards,
Sreenu

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member

Hi all,

We have a device listing for a class I medical device under our company's establishment registration.

If we have a new model developed for the same product code listed under the device listing, what should I do to enable us to sell this new model to the US Market.

I am new to this FDA Device Listing. All help is appreciated.

Thank you.
Is the new model substantially different from the device you have cleared, or is it just a variant?

ganglai

Registered Visitor

Then you can quite treat it as if it was the same device...
Thanks Ronen.
This new model will have a new model number for itself.
Will any cost incur for adding this new model in the FURLS account? How will we be informed by FDA this new model can be sold to the US market?

sreenu927

Quite Involved in Discussions
Once you perform listing activity in FURLS, immediately (or in a day/two), the FDA site will be updated with your new listing information. Once it is listed, you can start selling (or import) the product in US.
FDA won't inform you about this. Once you complete the listing, when importing, make sure you provide the device listing number and establishment registration number in your customs documentation.

Regards,
Sreenu

We have a similar issue, but I'm wondering about the "30 day" listing in FURLS before you can sell the device. If we already have a Device FDA Registration # and the new medical kit is a simple variation, can I just add the new device to the same Registration # simply by adding the new device to proprietary names and not have to wait 30 days to sell the variation product? Our device is Class I, exempt from 510k.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
A PPAP for carry over (from an existing to a new model) components APQP and PPAP 4
DuncanGibbons Model-Based procedures and Architecting the QMS as a System Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
B Susceptible, Infected, Recovered model for coronavirus modeling Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 0
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
howste Aerospace Improvement Maturity Model (AIMM) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
S Waterfall model or v-model design and development ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Change control and configuration management - When to create a new model/part number? Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 0
N Mojonnier Model 1000 Documentation - Validation of my tank IQ-OQ-PQ US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 0
M Are model# and Serial # required on a calibration cert? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
D Kanomax MODEL 3443 DIGITAL DUST MONITOR Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 3
S Least squares estimate, regression model and corresponding residuals Using Minitab Software 13
N Regression Model (Minitab 18) - Which values my input parameters should have Using Minitab Software 2
Sam Lazzara GS1 introduces Global Model Numbers for Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
J Revised MDSAP Audit Model - Health Canada - October 30, 2017 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
H Taguchi mixed model DoE [L16 (4^3 2^6): factors interaction and ANOVA calculation Using Minitab Software 3
P Is ISO 9001 Model tested for its effectiveness by ISO before its release? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
K UDI "Version or Model" for Stand-Alone Medical Device Software US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 6
R Need Help on Analysis: How to know potential causality model from historical data Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 5
L Communication Needs Identification and Communication Model Development Human Factors and Ergonomics in Engineering 10
M Calibration of a Power Meter Model Hm8115-2 (Hameg) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
pittmatj Countries that require Medical Device Model Number Registration Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
A Predictive Model Development (Regression?) Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
I Is ARIMA (Time Series Analysis) Model appropriate for this Dental Research? Using Minitab Software 4
S How to use Dummy Variable in Regression Model in Minitab Six Sigma 2
Ajit Basrur See this 1:15 model of Airbus A380 fly the skies! Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
V Analysis of DOE Results and Model Finalization Using Minitab Software 4
J Standard / Brown & Sharp Gage Tower model E8-5000 Manual General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
K Wilson Hardness Tester Model 525 Accuracy/Repeatability issues help General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M Even the ASQ got it wrong, the Kano model Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 3
P Is it necessary to show Model Number on the Labeling (meter box, label and manual)? Other US Medical Device Regulations 3
Y Can there be multiple Brazil Registration Holder (BRH) for same model ? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 3
M KANO Model - Changing the source Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 2
T Subcontractor Model to Shelter Model - How to include in ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
G Minitab GLM (General Linear Model) - Problem with recognition of Level Using Minitab Software 1
J Quality Management Process Model Possible Interactions and Effects ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
R A GRP model that also considers the Preventive Maintenance Efficiency Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 3
W General Linear Model - Formatting Data Six Sigma 3
A Sample Size for Mathematical Model with acceptable Confidence Level Using Minitab Software 7
M How to combine the Importance Performance Matrix and the KANO Model? Benchmarking 8
M Shingo Prize Model as an Assessment Guide for Lean Implementation Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 1
J Human Resources Management/Organisational Development - Blake & Mouton?s model Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
D Research, Design and Development Costing Model Procedure Business Continuity & Resiliency Planning (BCRP) 7
A Donabedian Model in Healthcare Setup Hospitals, Clinics & other Health Care Providers 2
H Which is the best OHSMS model according your analysis*and your experience ? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 24
N Looking for Animal Model to Simulate the Anatomy of the Human Cervix 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 10
E CMMI (Capability Maturity Model Integration) - questions Software Quality Assurance 5
R To Find Out Second Order Model from First Order Factorial Design (DOE) Using Minitab Software 9
S New Model Number - Do I need a new Document Number? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
L ISO 9001 QMS Documentation Style/Model Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
K Pratt & Whitney Model B Supermic - How-To Manual? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4