New Part 21.137 Quality Manual format example in Word format

U

uncoqui

Anyone out there has a Word format for the new Quality Manual required by the new part 21.137?

B

BadgerMan

Re: New Part 21.137 Quality Manual example in Word format

We have not updated our manual yet as a result of the changes. Regardless, it is considered proprietary information. I suspect that content of an approved manual will vary widely from organization to organization based on the scope of each operation and also what your managing office (MIDO) wants to see in your manual.

U

uncoqui

Re: New Part 21.137 Quality Manual example in Word format

I'm not asking for a copy of your manual as I wouldn't send a copy of my manual to be posted on the web. I'm asking for a format to do one, preferably in MS Word format.

Q

QSM_user

Hello,
I was not aware that a Quality Manual was required. Is this an FAA requirement? 14 CFR 21.137 (n) only requires that a procedure be written for Identifying, analyzing, and initiating appropriate corrective action for "quality escapes" that do not conform to the applicable design data or quality system requirements...BTW this procedure is different from Corrective Action/Preventive action required by the AS9100 system

hope this helps

B

BadgerMan

Hello,
I was not aware that a Quality Manual was required. Is this an FAA requirement?

From AC21-42 (click here):

e. Section 21.137, Quality system (§§ 21.307 and 21.607).
(1) The new rule standardizes the quality system requirements for all PAHs. Specifically, the new part 21 rule requires that the quality system be described in writing and include elements as specified in § 21.137(a) through (n). (Previously, the quality system requirements for holders of or applicants for PMAs were different from quality system requirements for holders of or applicants for PCs and TSO authorizations.) These requirements are incorporated in subparts K and O, §§ 21.307 and 21.607 respectively, by reference.
(2) These amendments require the PAH to develop a quality system or modify its current system consistent with the size of the PAH and the complexity of the product or article produced, as is the practice today. For example, the FAA would expect a large aircraft manufacturer to have a well developed, complex quality system. In contrast, a small parts manufacturer producing a non-complex article could have a less complex quality system. However, that system is still required to comply with FAA quality system regulations and reflect the needs of the PAH. These amended quality system requirements are now consistent with requirements of other aviation authorities as well as industry best practices.

f. Section 21.138, Quality manual (§§ 21.308 and 21.608).
This new section requires each applicant for or holder of a PC, PMA, or TSO authorization to submit to the FAA for approval a quality manual describing its quality system. The intent of the rule is to ensure that regardless of the media used, the quality manual is easily available to PAH and FAA personnel who need to use this documentation to perform their duties. The quality manual—
(1) Must address the quality system requirements of the applicable subpart under which the applicant seeks production approval, and be in the English language and retrievable in a form acceptable to the FAA.
(2) Should address revisions to the quality system, revisions to the quality manual, and a means of tracking revisions to the manual.

Top Bottom