New Quality Manager - Establishing Teams in different Business Units

C

cabdriver

Hy guys,

I'm in quality since 2003 (my first job- incoming inspection).
With years I have made a progress and 2 days ago accept role of quality manager (its more production orientaded role- not so sistematicly) for 4 Business units in our group.
I need to visit each BU one time per week and one day I will stay in HQ.
Here is my question: Generaly all the people working in quality on BU are OK, but what would be your aproach to establish some nice team/department?

Make a metting with all of them and ask them what they will do or should I just yell on everyone ( It is easier:D)?
Or shoul I just make a meeting with quality responsible BU and director of it?

P.S.: we have TS, 14001 and OHSAS

qusys

Trusted Information Resource
Hy guys,

I'm in quality since 2003 (my first job- incoming inspection).
With years I have made a progress and 2 days ago accept role of quality manager (its more production orientaded role- not so sistematicly) for 4 Business units in our group.
I need to visit each BU one time per week and one day I will stay in HQ.
Here is my question: Generaly all the people working in quality on BU are OK, but what would be your aproach to establish some nice team/department?

Make a metting with all of them and ask them what they will do or should I just yell on everyone ( It is easier:D)?
Or shoul I just make a meeting with quality responsible BU and director of it?

P.S.: we have TS, 14001 and OHSAS

Hi cabdriver.
We could know more details to suggest. In any case each response could be ok.
First of all you shall assure that your QMS is efficient and effective overall.
Are these BU all in the same nation? Do they all do the same product?
What is your job description? What are the expectations of your role in terms of responsibility and authority? Do you have some reporting that could help you?
The way to proceed is functional to your professional role and how the figure fits in the entire organization. Some suggestion in any case: rather than moving you can also have phone meeting or conf call in viewing with cam. You can also issue minute of meeting after them.:bigwave:

S

sharney

Looking for a job description of 'Manager-Quality Assurance' but unable to locate one on the Cove.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Looking for a job description of 'Manager-Quality Assurance' but unable to locate one on the Cove.
Any help is appreciated.
Thanks
I would think that may be due to the almost infinite variability in duties and complexity, depending on the QMgr's industry and the organization's size, maturity level of which standard it conforms to, and its mission.

C

Chance

IMHO: Appoint quality lead/rep in each business unit..and work with them in identifying areas for improvement.

Top Bottom