Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

New Special Process Guidelines are now available from AIAG

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello Friends,

Announced by AIAG:

New special process guidelines are now available.

Special Process: Coating System Assessment (CQI-12)
Special Process: Heat Treat System Assessment, 2nd Edition (CQI-9)
Special Process: Plating System Assessment (CQI-11)

Stijloor.

D

DDaenen1

Hello, as a 1st Tier supplier to the big three, are we obligated to cascade this down into our supplybase or is it only applicable for our own processes as 1st Tier towards our OEM customers?

thanks, Dominique

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hello, as a 1st Tier supplier to the big three, are we obligated to cascade this down into our supplybase or is it only applicable for our own processes as 1st Tier towards our OEM customers?

thanks, Dominique
Hello Dominique,

As part of the supplier development process, you must decide what specific requirements apply to your suppliers. Keep in mind that there are ISO/TS 16949:2002 requirements that apply to your suppliers. As a 1st Tier supplier to the Big Three, doesn't your company have a supplier quality manual?

Stijloor.

D

DDaenen1

yes we do, and we are currently revising it, hence my question. And i do understand that our suppliers are affected since they are IS/TS certified too. What i am trying to assess is how these once again additional requirements will affected the workload in our already lean organisation.

All in all, due to the heavy load of requirements we receive from our OEMs, i am forced to set priorities and determine what is added value and what is mandatory.

T

TamTom

Hello,

new GM customer requirements are out.

Where all three are now included, CQI-11 and 12 must be implemented until January 2008

Could anyone, tell me what processes are covered in the two new CQIs?

Greetings

Tamara

Last edited by a moderator:
D

DDaenen1

CQI-11 Special Process: Plating System
Assessment (PSA). Based on the release date of CQI-11, the effective date of implementation is
January 7, 2008.

CQI-12, Special Process: Coating System
Assessment (CSA). Based on the release date of CQI-12, the effective date of implementation is
January 7, 2008.

Top Bottom