New Supplier QE Seeking PPAP Information

A

AMR123

Supplier QE

Hello all....
I am planning on entering the arena as a Supplier Quality Engineer.

I don't have a lot of experience in PPAPS and would appreciate some advice.

I have worked as a Quality Engineer as a Launch Engineer and my QM kept all the documentation on his desktop and didn't "give it up".

How do I begin a PPAP for my suppliers? This is the first of many questions.

Thanks..

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
B

Bill Ryan - 2007

Welcome to the Cove :bigwave:

You said you don't have much experience with PPAP submissions. I would suggest, as a starting point, to procure the AIAG PPAP (3rd ed.) manual. Along with that, the PFMEA and APQP manuals will help with the overall picture. Being a QE (ASQ?) i would assume you have a working knowledge of SPC and MSA.

Now that the commercial is done with, my first step with a supplier/vendor is to review the PFMEA and get it "up to snuff". If one doesn't exist, I get the supplier to pull together a cross-functional team (Bingo!! :vfunny: ) and begin walking them through the process. The excersize can be like pulling teeth to start out but staying with it prevents a lot of headaches down the road. In my experience, once the PFMEA is performed, the rest of the PPAP becomes far less formidable.

Hope that helps.

Bill

W

Wayne

if you drop me an e-mail to my address i have some software you can have is on Excel so should download ok ill do it at the week end for you

W

Howard Atkins

Forum Administrator
Staff member
Admin
How do I begin a PPAP for my suppliers?
I understand that you want as a SQE to receive PPAP's and approve them.
As you said that you were a Launch Engineer you should have a working knowledge of Flow chart, PFMEA and Control plans.

In this thread http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=8051 there is a very comprehensive checklist for a PPAP submission.
Go through it and see wheteher you understand the requirements.
There are clauses that you do not need or want. This is just an example not a must.
Try ammending it to fit your needs.
This should help you to start.
Look at some PPAP's that have been submitted and approved and understand the logic of yuour company to enable you top fit in.
Don't try to invent the wheel, take the parts that you like and are comfortable with.
You as the customer tell the supplier what you want. The rules for accepting PPAP's are not really there.

One important point- tell your customer what you want, this saves time and energy, he then knows what to submit and you know what you will receive.

Happy Hunting

M

MKirk

If you need Help

I am a Ford STA (Supplier Technical Assistant) somewhat similar to an SQE. If you have some specific questions, let me know and possibly I can help

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T I'm seeking ISO 13485:2003 Supplier Audit Checklist Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 1
Ron Rompen Seeking supplier of testing to the Volkswagon PV1210 specification Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
A Seeking a Die Casting Supplier in China - Guangdong, Zhejiang and Jiangsu Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
N Seeking supply chain diagram & supplier quality performance procedure Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
D Seeking supplier scorecards|release7.0 from Rolls-Royce Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Supplier Corrective Action Request-Seeking Example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
P Supplier 8D Report Evaluation - Seeking Ideas and Solutions Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
J Supplier Quality Plans - Non-automotive company - Seeking examples Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
R Format that can be used to get supplier SPC annual work plan - Seeking Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
P Supplier Performance Issue - Seeking Advice Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
K Supplier Report Card - Seeking sample of a basic Supplier Report Card Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
R Customer Waiver Form for Supplier QMS Exemptions - Seeking an Example Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
V Supplier No-Change Agreement - Seeking Example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
S ISO 14001 Supplier Questionnaire - Seeking Example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 22
C How to become a good SQA (Supplier Quality Engineer) - Seeking advice and resources Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
M Alloy Wheels - Seeking Paint Supplier - Powder Primer, Liquid Base, etc. Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
P Seeking: Approved Supplier (Vendor) Log Example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 35
H Seeking Supplier Evaluation Database Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 7
A ISO 9001 Clause 7.4.1 Supplier Rating System - Seeking simple system example Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 28
D Supplier OTD Slip Due to Shipping Delays or Natural Disaster AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
D Re-labeler - audit the supplier EU Medical Device Regulations 2
Evelyn7E The fastest way to get supplier to ship good parts to you Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 10
J Verification of purchased product / supplier questionnaires ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Question on Supplier Quality (SCAR) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
Z REACH: contradictory statement from supplier? REACH and RoHS Conversations 4
G How to implement H&S and Quality Control Requirements in Contract for Potential Supplier? Contract Review Process 6
R Select the 1 Supplier based on the Parts Durability from 6 Supplier Samples using Minitab Using Minitab Software 11
K Why does load cell supplier requires force verification General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
D Question and advice for a supplier self audit questionnaire ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Special IATF audit of sub-supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 18
S IATF 16949 Supplier selection criteria 8.4.1.2 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
M Supplier approved list - Notified body, regulatory body Supply Chain Security Management Systems 4
N Making improvements in supplier relationship last? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 6
K Supplier Qualification for Engineering Consultant? Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
M Supplier evaluation Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
briteme4 ASL - AS9100 / Supplier Survey Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
A System for Supplier Documents Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 7
T IMDS submission without supplier's input? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 4
J Supplier not responding to PPAP request APQP and PPAP 5
D Supplier audit Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
lanley liao Does all of the suppliers need to integrated into the supplier list qualified of the company? Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
S Distinction between a critical supplier and a Virtual manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 2
R AS9102 FAI Change in Material / Process Supplier AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
John Broomfield Five ways to botch your supplier management program Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7
C Supplier survey - 200 to 250 duppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 3
J Where is the definition of a critical supplier? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
U Approved Vendor (supplier) List Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
M Supplier requirements - Major supplier is a Non-Profit registered with ICCBBA (FDA UDI) Supply Chain Security Management Systems 12
P Training department ideas and development for automotive supplier Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 6
B Software service provider as critical supplier ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5