Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo including content not in the forum - Search results with No ads.

New to FAIR, need help in filling it out

Stefanos Papadakis

Involved In Discussions
Hello everyone, so I am relatively new to the FAIR procedure and no one in the company I work for can actually help me. I have some questions regarding the completion of the FAI.
First of all I have a TDP in my hands about an assembly consisting of approx. 15 parts. Our customer needs a FAI only for the assembly, having in mind that the product is made according to some standards as stated in the TDP. The TDP states that the assembly has to be delivered with some parts (bearings, o-rings) included.
Question 1: Do I have to write in FORM 1 the parts that the assembly consists of?(No FAI is done for them)
Question 2: In FORM 2, do I write all the raw materials, bearings and o-rings included?
Question 3: Bearings, o-rings and finish processes that are included have to go in FORM 3 and FORM 2 or in one of them only?

Hi Stefanos,

I also have went through the FAIR just recently. Hope I can help you with my answer below:

Question 1: Yes - you need to list all the components of assembly parts and not all of them are required to have FAIR of them depending on the components. FAIR of the components are not required, seems applicable in your case, if those are the standard or catalog product. If you also produce the components as well, you might need to have FAIR of components but better check with the customer.
Question 2: Yes - all the raw materials of which assembly is made. No need for raw material of components, that shall be listed in components FAIR.
Question 3: In FORM 3, you list all the design characteristics required in the drawing. If components of assembly are stated on the TDP, you need to "balloon" them as design characteristics and list in the FORM 3.

Stefanos Papadakis

Involved In Discussions
Hi Stefanos,

I also have went through the FAIR just recently. Hope I can help you with my answer below:

Question 1: Yes - you need to list all the components of assembly parts and not all of them are required to have FAIR of them depending on the components. FAIR of the components are not required, seems applicable in your case, if those are the standard or catalog product. If you also produce the components as well, you might need to have FAIR of components but better check with the customer.
Question 2: Yes - all the raw materials of which assembly is made. No need for raw material of components, that shall be listed in components FAIR.
Question 3: In FORM 3, you list all the design characteristics required in the drawing. If components of assembly are stated on the TDP, you need to "balloon" them as design characteristics and list in the FORM 3.
Thank you very much for your help! Should I have any questions I will comment again. Have a great day!

McQueenster

Starting to get Involved
Hi Stefanos,

Thank you for posting these questions. I am new to the FAIR process and the answers provided by riho1 have been very helpful .

I will be going through the FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) process with a new product in the next 2 months and wonder if you can answer a couple of questions I have for you:
Q1 Which specific standard is calling up FAIR (i.e. is it Mil Spec, Def std, customer requirements spec, etc).
Q2 Where can I find the templates you refer to as Form1, Form 2 and Form 3?
Q3 What does TDP mean? I expect I have another name / acronym for this.

Hi Stefanos,

Thank you for posting these questions. I am new to the FAIR process and the answers provided by riho1 have been very helpful .

I will be going through the FAIR (First Article Inspection Report) process with a new product in the next 2 months and wonder if you can answer a couple of questions I have for you:
Q1 Which specific standard is calling up FAIR (i.e. is it Mil Spec, Def std, customer requirements spec, etc).
Q2 Where can I find the templates you refer to as Form1, Form 2 and Form 3?
Q3 What does TDP mean? I expect I have another name / acronym for this.
Q1: We do it according to customer requirements but I think AS9002 includes the FAIR
Q2: At IAQG site you will find the FAIR template
Q3: TDP means Technical Data Package

Top Bottom