New to PPAP

P

Paul McCo

Having recently joined a new company as SQA Engineer and firstly having to establish the role I've a number of questions on this subject. We are a tier one supplier to the auto ind.
1. As a customer, we can dictate what the PAPP submissions from our suppliers will be ie I would like to define a matrix of all our supplier by the 19 PAPP points and as a result their would only be a few which would fall into the current pre-defined levels, is this OK?
2. The current system has something called sample disposition, which is a complicated stucture to either approve a new supplier, material, product....., does anyone have a simple system for this approval?
3. Vendor Rating System, again a complicated system employed, does anyone have a simple system for this?
4. Where can I get an electronic blank of the North American Truck Industry PSW as per page 51 of the PPAP manual.

C

Chuy

frist, your ideas about the matriz for ppap your supplier is great, frist you need to decide which version do you want to evaluate 2nd edition or 3th edition?

regarding point # 2 : for sample disposition on the ppap 3th edition not mention anything, but if you are reffering about some especific requirements you must be follow....sorry.

ponit # 3/4 : on this site you can fin some samples regardin the rest of the issues thta you are looking for...

here has a excel format for psw, on one file called dephippap.xls o something .....

I hope this help you in your new position....
good look !!!!

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
> ...1. ie I would like to define a matrix of all our
> supplier by the 19 PAPP points and as a result their would only be a
> few which would fall into the current pre-defined levels, is this OK?

The matrix idea is fine - but how do you plan to apply it? Need more details.

> 2. The current system has something called sample disposition, which
> is a complicated stucture to either approve a new supplier, material,
> product....., does anyone have a simple system for this approval?

You have me confused here. Sample disposition as I know it is what you eventually do with submission samples. I'm not sure how you are relating this to approving a supplier. In general supplier approval systems are quite company sprcific. Need more details.

> 3. Vendor Rating System, again a complicated system employed, does anyone
> have a simple system for this?

See sup_eval.pdf in https://elsmar.com/pdf_files/

>4. Where can I get an electronic blank
> of the North American Truck Industry PSW as per page 51 of the PPAP
> manual.

Can't help here.

P

Paul Mc

Marc,
Thank you for your reply, I've sent you additional info direct to your email address as I couldn't post it here. Is this means of working the forums OK

Top Bottom