New to stability studies - What is acceptable?

• Thread starter robert hollingsbee
  • Start date
R

robert hollingsbee

Hi, I'm new to the world of stability studies and i need some help understanding
how to go about performing these. I have read a few books and they still confuse me I have a program that will calculate all of the percentages but i don't know what is considered as being acceptable

ie: 80% ok/not ok what is the specific number related to acceptability. As well choosing your user groups and group size. I have tried a few different methods and have come up with some interesting numbers
ie: 25%/400%/80000% just by manipulating data for these different results. If anyone could help me out i would be a very happy man.
------------------

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Robert,

A method that has proven helpful and cost effective:

We use a simple X-R chart to monitor the stability of a gage. As long as you use the same standard (master)and perform the study on a timely basis the Cpk can be monitored over time.

On a weekly basis we measure the standard five times and calculate an ongoing Cpk. This type of graphic presentation works for internal personnel and auditors. Over time we can determine if frequencies are adequate and if masters (standards) and/or gages are wearing.

These records are reported as part of management review fed into a continuous improvement program.

ASD...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
R Revalidation machine line and Stability Studies impact. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
C Medical Device Stability Studies - Non-validated pilot production Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Accelerated Stability Studies - Class III Medical Gloves Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
A Risks related to Method Validation and Stability Studies Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
N Sampling for stability studies - Class II surgically invasive devices Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 1
V Can we apply bracketing & matrixing simultaneously for stability studies @ ICH Q1D US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
V ICH - Stability studies, alternate conditions... Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
M Are Bias, Stability, and Linearity studies required by TS 16949 7.6.1? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
R How many batches have to be kept under Stability Studies Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 6
D Diagnostic Reagent Stability Studies - Final Product Packaging EU Medical Device Regulations 8
Q Stability & Variability Studies - Tensile Testing Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
M Linearity, BIAS & Stability - How many studies do I need to do for a device? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
S Drug product physical properties stability studies - which properties to test? Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 1
R Accelerated Stability Studies - Duration and Conditions - Class III Medical Device Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 4
S If I do Linearity and Bias Studies, are Stability Studies Required? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
Ron Rompen MSA to perform Linearity and Stability studies on Variable Gauges with Minitab Ver 15 Using Minitab Software 6
D MSA - Can Regular Calibration Replace Bias, Linearity and Stability Studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
Courier MSA Tools - Excel templates for doing the Linearity & Bias, & Stability Studies Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 13
D Measurement System Analysis (MSA) - Requirement to also do gage stability studies? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
V Accelerated Stability Studies - In vitro Diagnostic Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
C Surgical mask stability testing (CE mark) EU Medical Device Regulations 1
G Engineering retest in line - Machine stability issues IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
G Accelerated stability of medical devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
S Stability accelerated vs. real-time Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
S Standards for real time stability for medical devices Other Medical Device Related Standards 2
B Stability testing of medical devices as per ASTM F1980-16 CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
lilybef Number of lots required for stability testing of a Class II device in the 510(k) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
V System suitability or stability during continuous usage Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 0
F Extension of a stability study for an API Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
O New stability - Yes or No - Similar product but for different intended use EU Medical Device Regulations 1
E On going Stability for IVDs Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
K Food Shelf Life Stability Study Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
M Electrosurgical Electrodes - Stability Test Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
C IQ and OQ for a "Dormitory" Refrigerator - Temperature Stability Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 4
R Holding time stability study of intermediates of drug substances US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
S Stability test - primary packaging EU Medical Device Regulations 7
L MSA - Stability - Part of our PQ (performance qualification) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
C Sample Size for Stability Testing Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
J EU Medical Device Class I - Stability (Shelf Life) Test EU Medical Device Regulations 2
E EN 13640:2002 or EN23640:2013 For stability testing of in vitro diagnostic reagents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M Is a Real Time Stability Study required to determine Expiration Date? EU Medical Device Regulations 9
P Specification and Tolerance in Stability Control Chart Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 9
P The correct way to do a Linearity and Stability Study on a Critical Dimension Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 8
M How to provide Stability Study for micron-precision tool Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
R Convincing Management Cpk without Stability is Meaningless Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
M A question on Measurement System Analysis - Stability to measure got Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 2
R Drug Stability Data at the time of Filing US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
M Ownership of Pre-Clinical cGMP Stability Testing Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
R Shipping Stability for Class III IVD (Non Sterile) Medical Device Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
B How to Demonstrate Stability and Repeatability in very Short Run Process AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10