New year resolution 2010 .. "No posts deleted by moderators"

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Can a registered user view how many posts of his have been deleted by moderators for being inappropriate ? I would like to look back and see how I have been performing, and make a resolution this year to hit a 0 in this....

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
In the context of the thousands of posts, it is very seldom that posts are deleted by moderators. Typically when they are they are, they are 'soft deleted' so they're still in the database and can be revived if there is a reason.

I haven't really looked for a way to create a report on deleted posts, nor am I aware of any way to do such a report.

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
There are times I do maintenance on some threads like the one cited (which is an 'information' thread). Nothing to worry about.

J

JaneB

Is this really a problem? I cannot imagine moderators deleting a post from normal participants which was 'inappropriate' without some communication about this occurring, either beforehand (eg, a warning to chill/tone it down) or afterward (eg, an explanation).

PS from 'normal participants' I exclude spammers, and blatant attempts to manipulate the forum for one's own gain, such as someone who's never been here before, register, and then immediately post 'you must see/buy/get this' type rubbish, and on being queried or found out,disappears and is never heard of again. At least under that name :notme:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
I think I can probably speak for all of the moderators when I say we usually do let people know when we feel we must delete something. I think Jane is correct in her assessment that we probably have more communications with people discussing posts, asking for clarification or editing then actually deletions. Cove dwellers just seem to be generally very professional.:tg:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
G Does pitch/increment/resolution of a ruled scale apply to measurement uncertainty as line item? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 10
G Problem Resolution Report Monitoring - Customer complaint or PRR as general motors use Customer Complaints 12
S Relationship between IEC 62304 problem resolution and ISO 13485 IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 8
T Customer rejected MDS - easiest resolution? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
Wes Bucey Conflict Resolution (without bloodshed) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 1
F Resolution III Factorial Design for a Screening Experiment Six Sigma 2
O Make Layout Higher Resolution? Using Minitab Software 1
S FDA Warning Letter Remediation - Enforcement Resolution & Remediation Process US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
B Total Resolution of an Measurement Instrument Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
Sean Kelley Steel Coil Scale Verification Resolution Calibration Frequency (Interval) 7
P Measurement Equipment - 10:1, 4:1 - Is it resolution or accuracy General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Jerry Eldred When Does Resolution of Measurement Standard Apply in Uncertainty Calculations General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 14
P Resolution Requirements on Calibration Certificates General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 8
B Treating Resolution - Rectangular or Triangular Distribution Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 6
D Resolution V Factorial Design with 5 factors (3 numerical and two text) Using Minitab Software 1
E Measuring Parts without Proper Tools - Measurement Device Resolution Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 10
P Capability Analysis for Limited Resolution (thickness of sheets) Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 6
K Micrometer Calibration - Resolution, Accuracy and Range General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 16
R Definition PR&R - GM's Problem Reporting & Resolution System Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 4
P Not Enough Resolution for Gage R&R - 79" Panel Length Measurements Help Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 10
J IAQG Resolution #67 - Extension of time frame for upgrade to ISO 9001:2008 AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
C Gage Resolution vs. Tolerance Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
N ASME B89.1.13 question regarding Resolution and Maximum Permissible Error General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
V Analog Pressure Gauge Calibration - smallest resolution practice General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
T Resolution Analysis - Has anyone ever performed a Resolution Analysis? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
L What is Resolution Analysis? Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
bobdoering Gage Resolution Required for SPC! Imported Legacy Blogs 0
C UUT resolution and reporting uncertainty for each reading Measurement Uncertainty (MU) 2
J Definition Accuracy and Resolution in a Measurement System: What are the differences? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 10
Hershal Congratulations L-A-B and PJLA - Signatory status - ILAC Resolution GA12.03 General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 0
D The Origin of the 10:1 Resolution Ratio for Measurement Equipment General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 17
C Can someone clarify "Resolution", "Discrimination" and "ndc"? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
C Are Customer Specifications Too 'Tight'? Gage Resolution and Gage R&R Issues Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
C Gage Resolution / Measurement Accuracy - Laser scan micrometer has a 6 digit display General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
M Resolution question - Measuring a product on a CMM - the tolerance is .000/.001 Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
R Micrometer resolution for calibrating thread plug gages General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
M Problem resolution for Common Causes.. Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 4
J TFRR - What is actually required to be TEST FAILURE RESOLUTION REPORT Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 2
Marc Definition PRR - Problem Reporting and Resolution - Production Readiness Review Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 5
Phil P Measurement Resolution of In-Process Automated Inspection System - Stamping House Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 13
N Confuse: Calibration using master equipment - Resolution - Micrometer General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 7
E Cpk's, specifications and tiny sd's - Resolution of measurement equipment Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 20
W Resolution and Sensitivity - What is measurement instrument or gage 'Sensitivity'? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 12
Marc Happy New Year - 2005 - What are your Resolution(s)? Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 7
D Resolution, Discrimination, NDC and the Tower of Babel in Metrology General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 5
apestate Calibrating .001" resolution Dial Calipers - Calibration and safeguarding procedure General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 6
A Nonconformance Resolution - Is 8.3 applicable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
E What is the smallest graduation (resolution) available for a Dial Test Indicator? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
J Measurement Resolution - How far to carry the decimal place out Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 13
M Gage R&R for Optical System - Measurement Parameters and Resolution of the system Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1