New year resolution 2010 .. "No posts deleted by moderators"

somashekar

Leader
Admin
Can a registered user view how many posts of his have been deleted by moderators for being inappropriate ? I would like to look back and see how I have been performing, and make a resolution this year to hit a 0 in this....

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
In the context of the thousands of posts, it is very seldom that posts are deleted by moderators. Typically when they are they are, they are 'soft deleted' so they're still in the database and can be revived if there is a reason.

I haven't really looked for a way to create a report on deleted posts, nor am I aware of any way to do such a report.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
There are times I do maintenance on some threads like the one cited (which is an 'information' thread). Nothing to worry about.

J

JaneB

Is this really a problem? I cannot imagine moderators deleting a post from normal participants which was 'inappropriate' without some communication about this occurring, either beforehand (eg, a warning to chill/tone it down) or afterward (eg, an explanation).

PS from 'normal participants' I exclude spammers, and blatant attempts to manipulate the forum for one's own gain, such as someone who's never been here before, register, and then immediately post 'you must see/buy/get this' type rubbish, and on being queried or found out,disappears and is never heard of again. At least under that name :notme:

SteelMaiden

Super Moderator
Trusted Information Resource
I think I can probably speak for all of the moderators when I say we usually do let people know when we feel we must delete something. I think Jane is correct in her assessment that we probably have more communications with people discussing posts, asking for clarification or editing then actually deletions. Cove dwellers just seem to be generally very professional.:tg:

Top Bottom