SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Newbie in IMDS - Please help me understand what I have to do

G

Guillermo R

Hi to everyone, it's awesome this site and all the information that you have here.
I have a problem regarding IMDS, I am new in this and i don't have any training about it, I need to check an IMDS from my Supplier Sabic Innovative Plastics but i don't know really well the system, Sabic tell me that they can't submit the IMDS in the system of my company, and i want add this material in my system.

Please somebody could help me with this? :(

information about it:

Company: Unicar
OEM:
Material: G361-40135
Customer Material #:
Lot #:

Product line
CYCOLAC
GRADEReference
G361(L)
IMDS Material Name
ABS-ESR-001V
Idnr. IMDS
ISO 1043
PC+ABS

My best wishes from Puebla, México :bigwave:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Kales Veggie

People: The Vital Few
Hi to everyone, it's awesome this site and all the information that you have here.
I have a problem regarding IMDS, I am new in this and i don't have any training about it, I need to check an IMDS from my Supplier Sabic Innovative Plastics but i don't know really well the system, Sabic tell me that they can't submit the IMDS in the system of my company, and i want add this material in my system.

Please somebody could help me with this? :(

information about it:

Company: Unicar
OEM:
Material: G361-40135
Customer Material #:
Lot #:

Product line
CYCOLAC
GRADEReference
G361(L)
IMDS Material Name
ABS-ESR-001V
Idnr. IMDS
ISO 1043
PC+ABS

My best wishes from Puebla, México :bigwave:
Hi,

The ID 5690380 has been published by SABIC in IMDS. It is available for you to use.

This is a how you use it in your MDS:

- create a component MDS (click create, click component)
- enter the pertinent information about your part (including weight)
- click "add material" (+ "two green circles")
- check "published MDS", check "all" in the "supplier MDS section"
- enter 5690380 in the ID field
- click search
- click apply
- enter weight "how much of the SABIC material per part"
- complete the supplier data and recipient data screens
- click "Send"

(if your part contains other parts, you have to add those as well, before you send).

G

Guillermo R

Thanks a lot!!! Mr. Kales, i'm glad to find help here, i really apreciatte it.
regarding a thread i found here yesterday, it would be good to have a space only for post related to IMDS!!!

Thanks a lot to all here, my best whishes from Puebla México

Guillermo Rivera
UNICAR Plastics S. A. de C. V.
Aseguramiento de Calidad Proveedores

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Newbie - 14 Jan 2020 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
J Properly understanding SPC - Newbie SPC questions Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 34
J Document Control Newbie - Control of Nonconforming / Returns Log AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
S Informational Please help this newbie understand ISO 9001 Work Instructions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 44
B Newbie Capability question Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 7
S Thanks from a newbie Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
Q ISO 9001 - 3 BIG questions to help a Newbie's Sanity ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A Food Warehouse ISO 9001 Audit and Newbie Introduction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M A newbie to RM struggling with the policy ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 1
C A total newbie to AS 9101 needs general help AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 16
K Daily activities of a Newbie ISO Management Rep/Lead Auditor ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
F SPC Newbie looking for Excel Spreadsheet formula for a sample size of 40 components Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 8
B Gage R&R Newbie - Everything is Failing! Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 14
N I have 2 groups to compare - Minitab and stats newbie - Please help Using Minitab Software 18
J Certification Audit - Confused Newbie Questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
M Newbie in Gage R&R - Gloss Meter and Thickness Measurement Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 7
P Gage R&R with ATE (Automatic Test Equipment) - Newbie here... Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 6
R Newbie, SME, non existent QMS going for ISO 9001:2008 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
B Newbie, easy to follow guide for organizing/assembling very first PPAP booklet APQP and PPAP 3
O Newbie at PPAP - Need basic PPAP Information APQP and PPAP 2
N Help a newbie to develop a QMS (Quality Management System) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 50
N SPC charts, simple xls sheets and free software - Need newbie information Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 5
L VDA Product Submission Form - Please help a Cove newbie answer a VDA question VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 12
D Major Advice Needed for Newbie Taking over a System in Shambles ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 17
L Minitab Newbie Using Minitab Software 1
A APQP Newbie requires guidance APQP and PPAP 5
R QMS Implementation "Newest Newbie"... ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J FMEA - What is the relationship between Detection and Prevention? QP Newbie question. FMEA and Control Plans 12
A Seeking: ISO 9001:2000 Internal Audit Checklist for Newbie Internal Auditing 20
R Pre-assessment Audit Worries for a Newbie General Auditing Discussions 11
B Looking for PPAP help for newbie QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 6
J Statistics and Six Sigma - Newbie Seeking Information and Resources Six Sigma 1
Proud Liberal COMMENT - Newbie Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 1
I IMDS Error Message Question RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
T IMDS submission without supplier's input? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
optomist1 Informational Training IMDS - Management of Product Chemical Regulatory Compliance RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 2
W Printed Circuit Board - IMDS declaration RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
R CPM grading by thinkstep vs. IMDS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
J IMDS submission details for aluminium wrought alloys APQP and PPAP 5
K IMDS Chemistry Manager RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
J Question: How to create an IMDS RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
D IMDS for Like Components (Interior Plastic, Leather/vinyl Armrest, etc.)other than Color APQP and PPAP 1
F How to submit PPAP without IMDS APQP and PPAP 10
R IMDS for double sourced component RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 3
J IMDS for Trucks in USA as a requirement RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
F Mig Welded Components - IMDS International Material Data System RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1
S IMDS=REACH for automotive industry? REACH and RoHS Conversations 3
D I'm new in IMDS special using the IMDS application Manufacturing and Related Processes 8
D IMDS for machining - Can my customer request a IMDS number for a part? APQP and PPAP 2
A IMDS - Changing the Locked Weight Value RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 1