SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

NNTP Usenet Readers for Windows - Suggestions and Reviews

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I bought a cheap laptop Windows PC for use with a Windows only client (HAS to have Windows IE and Active-X). I'll only be using it for client work, but I will also be taking it on the road when I travel. I use WebEx's PC Now to connect to my Mac here if I need to use it.

But the gist is this: I bought it as a 'throw away'. If it's lost or stolen there's nothing on it in the way of documents or such that are critical or confidential or anything like that. It's not encrypted but the thief (or government agency... ;) ) would have to take the hard drive out to read it (or, if I understand it correctly, Microsoft has provided US government agencies with a USB stick which will bypass ALL encryption and boot the machine, etc - But, you catch my drift).

That said, using it on the road I do like to have some stuff I have on my Mac or something similar. I have an FTP program and the 'usual' apps. BUT - I use a newsgroup reader on my Mac called Thoth. I really like it. I do have Unison for my Mac, but don't use it often other than for .nzb file downloads.

The question for those of you who are into usenet:

What is a good Newsgroup Reader for a Windows XP Professional PC? I will use it a lot for downloading binaries.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
The question for those of you who are into usenet:

What is a good Newsgroup Reader for a Windows XP Professional PC? I will use it a lot for downloading binaries.
Marc,

You have seen this I am sure.

I will get in touch with my IT guy and do some research.

Stijloor.

Jim Wynne

Staff member
Admin
Agent is probably the most popular Windows newsreader. I used it for a time several years ago and liked it. I don't spend that much time in the newsgroups these days, and I use Thunderbird which is plenty for me (and free).

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Thanks for the suggestions! I spend a lot of time in the binaries for old TV and radio shows. Old Perry Masons, Phil Silvers, and even Adventures in Paradise - Well, there's a lot of interesting old shows in the binaries. I rarely even watch regular TV these days.

I don't get into the text stuff any more. I *rarely* even go to the old misc.industry.quality NG.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Jim Wynne A Six Sigma Challenge on Usenet - Does six sigma *really* save money? Six Sigma 9