No Audit Schedule and Internal Audit not Performed

S

Sennayagi

Hi
I am a certified internal auditor in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001 standards. In our company , New QEHS systems Manager is not planning and scheduling the internal audit. There was no reports after he joined. But, during Third party audit I have associated with external auditor and they asked the evidence of Audit reports and Non-conformance reports, but i have only 5 years before reports.

How can I handle this situation...... please help me out.

Thanks in advance

sagai

Quite Involved in Discussions
Re: Internal audit not performed

So what was the thing that the third party auditor done after that?

D

DRAMMAN

Re: Internal audit not performed

Well, if your company stopped doing the internal audits and now you are going through your external ISO audit there is not much you can do at this time. You can try and convince the external auditor that the internal audits are simply delayed due to a manager transition. The company might get off with a minor NC. I am surprised the QEHS manager is not involved in the audit. You could also pull the QEHS manager into the conversation. Maybe there is more to the situation than you are aware of.

T

t.PoN

Re: No Audit Schedual and Internal Audit not Performed

.....but i have only 5 years before reports.

is that the first time you apply for certification?!

I don't think there is much you can do. just ask for more time to apply your management system.

do you have external assessment for HSE, you could argue that it was a joined audit, but i don't think you'll fool the assessor.

sorry

PS: i don't know why, but i've this feeling that I'm getting the question wrong and that you are looking to get certified as an external assessor but you have not been involved in any audit for a while.
if that the case, you can have a certification from your company, and an auditor log. you don't have to actually submit the audit reports you performed.

Ajit Basrur

Leader
Admin
Hi
I am a certified internal auditor in ISO 9001, ISO 14001 & BS OHSAS 18001 standards. In our company , New QEHS systems Manager is not planning and scheduling the internal audit. There was no reports after he joined. But, during Third party audit I have associated with external auditor and they asked the evidence of Audit reports and Non-conformance reports, but i have only 5 years before reports.

How can I handle this situation...... please help me out.

Thanks in advance

Great answers so far ... few more questions for you

1. Is it only the Internal Audits not followed ?

2. What about Management Review meetings ... there are Review Inputs and Review Outputs being discussed there. Is there any mention of Internal Audits in that report ?

3. Is your Top Management not aware of the ISO requirements ?

4. Five years is too long ... were there no second / third party audits in this period ?

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
Some thing else to consider is to develop an action plan that will address the apparent lack of an internal audit system. This action plan should clearly define who will do what and by when.

Who is responsible for the internal audit system? The QEHS Manager? If so, it's his/her responsibility to answer the question...not yours. And if he or she is too new, senior management should answer the question.

S

Sennayagi

we got non-conformance from third party audit ( internal audit _ 8.2.2). still he is not planning for executing Internal audit.

thanks

S

Sennayagi

big thanks RCBeyette

Your are correct. QEHS manager is responsible for this. if it continues , the same will be escalated to the management.

Top Bottom