No More Yearly Quality Digest Registrar Rating?

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Does anyone know if the yearly survey of registrars was stopped or when the next one is due?

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Can you handle the truth?

Marc, from what I understand the QD surveys have been discontinued. I heard that some Registrars that did not fair well in the survey threatened to cancel all advertising at that publication, one or two even threatened to suit QD.

I had also heard that some smaller registrars who did well in the survey were accused of making an incredible effort to contact their clients to make sure they only got great scores. I heard that they were telling the individuals responding to the surveys to give them high grades so they could tell their bosses that it was a great decision to go with that registrar.

Due to the disparity in registrar size, some were getting very few responses, and in all fainess, QD was working hard to make sure that the responses were statistically sound.

That is what I heard through the grapevine.

howste

Thaumaturge
Trusted Information Resource
Re: Can you handle the truth?

When it didn't come out in 2002, I heard that they were changing to do it every two years. Now that it's not here in 2003, I haven't heard...

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Leader
Re: Can you handle the truth?

Sidney Vianna said:
I had also heard that some smaller registrars who did well in the survey were accused of making an incredible effort to contact their clients to make sure they only got great scores. I heard that they were telling the individuals responding to the surveys to give them high grades so they could tell their bosses that it was a great decision to go with that registrar.

Due to the disparity in registrar size, some were getting very few responses, and in all fainess, QD was working hard to make sure that the responses were statistically sound.
This is what I heard as well, but wasn't sure it was true. Sad :(

Top Bottom