Non-Conformance Management Software

G

gooofii

Also, if you deploy a shared access database over a network, make sure you split it into a front end / back end. Back end contains the data tables, front end is installed locally on the users machines and contains the forms, reports, etc. This way a corrupted front end will not effect the entire network and protect your data.
Brian, can you explain to me more plz about what do u mean by 'Back end/front end' coz i will actually deploy a shared access database over a network as you say.
thx alot and sorry if I did not understand you

B

Brian0612

Brian, can you explain to me more plz about what do u mean by 'Back end/front end' coz i will actually deploy a shared access database over a network as you say.
thx alot and sorry if I did not understand you

More detailed information can be found at this link ( A great site for access tips)...

http://allenbrowne.com/ser-01.html

Splitting a database is not something you have to do, but I highly recommend it. I originally deployed my database without splitting. I had a file corruption within the first three weeks. I split the application and it has ran flawlessly since with improved performance due to reduction of network traffic. I also recommend using an auto-updater program to update your users front ends automatically when you make revisions to the application. You can search for these on the internet and find one for free or a small donation.

A

AmandaMusser

Good Morning fellow Covers!
:cool:
We are currently using Audit & CAPA software that is not the least bit user friendly and is below expectations on customer support. I have been tasked with reviewing alternate software vendors and seeing if I can find something that fits our needs. As I was searching on the Cove for opinions on this, I came across this discussion thread.

My question is this, would it be possible to tie an InternalAudit.dbs into the CAPA.dbs and have it automated to issue a CAR on an Audit NC? :read:

Amanda

Coury Ferguson

Moderator here to help
Trusted Information Resource
We are currently using Audit & CAPA software that is not the least bit user friendly and is below expectations on customer support. I have been tasked with reviewing alternate software vendors and seeing if I can find something that fits our needs. As I was searching on the Cove for opinions on this, I came across this discussion thread.

My question is this, would it be possible to tie an InternalAudit.dbs into the CAPA.dbs and have it automated to issue a CAR on an Audit NC? :read:

Amanda

If someone in your company is well versed in Access, there shouldn't be any problems. If not, you may want to hire someone to develop the database, in my opinion.

RoxaneB

Change Agent and Data Storyteller
Super Moderator
I believe the QSi software - now owned by a company called IBS - ties audit findings into their NC/CAPA modules...including emails to the recipients and visual pictures to indicate escalations. While my site used the QSi software, we did not use the audit or NC/CAPA modules.

B

Brian0612

Amanda

Yes

You can integrate two databases into one or connect the two together.

Yes

You can automate your CA process based on internal audit findings. We are doing this now with an access database. You just need a common field in the data tables to create the relationship. Add a command button with some code and your done.

S

Sorin

As I said is a simple database with the single purpose of keeping track of NCs and CPAs.

Basic knowledge in Access and Excel will let you export data tables and analyse data for trends. I may add some stats/reports but right now I am a lil overwhelmed so I don't know if I can make them before the next 2 or 3 weeks.

1.Start Menu - 2 buttons: NCs and CPAs

As I already explained a lil about NCs will talk only about CPAs
There is a single form for enteriung data about CA or PA.
You will see 2 RED fields: Potential Cause and Potential Effect: they apply only for PA; and 2 BLUE fields: Cause and Effect: they apply only for CA. Also, on top of the page you 2 check/uncheck buttons: 1 for CA and one for PA.
On the right side of the form you will see 2 buttons: Print PA and print CA. The button for Print PA is with RED colour font so that will match with the fields in the form and the button for Print CA for the same reasons.
So...when checking the button for CA you will have to complete all fields except red and when PA all fields except blue.

I made it so that I don't have to create 2 separate forms/tables/macros/etc.

Let me know if it's helpful. Also...if you don't have the time to go into Access mode learning and you are ready to use it as is I can add the logo of your company on top/bottom of every form.

Enjoy....

Attachments

• NC-TEST.mdb
    280 KB · Views: 648
G

gooofii

I made it so that I don't have to create 2 separate forms/tables/macros/etc.

Let me know if it's helpful.

Enjoy....

thank you sorin, the template seems to work with me after I changed some boxes to fit my company. I have couple of inquires please;

how can I link between two boxes, for example, I have a NC type with combo box, then I want after choosing the type to be directly emailed to the responsible department on the server...is that possible.

Now that I am doing NC report for each complaint, so does this mean to have also CA for each aswell..I think just get lost in understanding the thin line here...:notme:
thx alot...any thoughts are welcomed please fellows.

P

Peter West

I would have thought that if you identify an NC then you need to mention some sort of corrective action - even if it is simply to observe for recurrence. I would not think that an external auditor would have much positive to say if NCs were identified but not catered for...

I will forward you something I got from a course yesterday concerning CAs, and NCS. Left it at home this morning unfortunately. It would be in Word not access, but sure there is a way you can add an extra column in access to cover the same point.

Top Bottom