SBS - The Best Value in QMS software

Non-conforming product procedure - For a Service Company

I

Iman Attarzadeh

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a procedure sample for requirement 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 for service companies?

We are a consulting company and don't offer or deliver physical product to our clients.

I appreciate to have any relative templates also.

:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:
Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Non conforming product procedure - For a service company

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a procedure sample for requirement 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 for service companies?

we are a consulting company and dont offer or deliver physical product to our clients.

I appreciate to have any relative templates also.

Iman,

An advanced search on: "8.3 for Service", revealed these results.

Some additional exploration through the threads and posts is required.;)

Stijloor.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Staff member
Admin
Re: Non conforming product procedure - For a service company

Arguably, if you write a QA manual as a service, that manual becomes a product. It's called intellectual product.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
while i am no expert on the sub.matter; let me take a guess;

All the consultant-services are based on a combination of SOW [Statement of Work] or objective/end-result; You can consider that as product as well;

Any business communication regarding 'variance' in any of the above two components could be treated as complaint/deviation and trigger for evaluation & subsequent system improvement.

i am afraid, if i am tangential! OR just stating the obvious;:bonk:

thanks
valiveti.

I

Iman Attarzadeh

while i am no expert on the sub.matter; let me take a guess;

All the consultant-services are based on a combination of SOW [Statement of Work] or objective/end-result; You can consider that as product as well;

Any business communication regarding 'variance' in any of the above two components could be treated as complaint/deviation and trigger for evaluation & subsequent system improvement.

i am afraid, if i am tangential! OR just stating the obvious;:bonk:

thanks
valiveti.
Thanks man,:agree1:
We do have SOW, and we have it for all the projects.
I think i got the overall concept. but shall I call it non-conforming product or for our case we can refer to it as non-conforming service?

I

Iman Attarzadeh

By the way,
I did many researches to a proper procedure for service non-conforming, but didnt find one!
If anyone could help with that please I really appreciate it.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks man,:agree1:
We do have SOW, and we have it for all the projects.
I think i got the overall concept. but shall I call it non-conforming product or for our case we can refer to it as non-conforming service?

once again i am running the risk of just stating the obvious;
:eek:

it depends on the consulting scenario!
if you go over to client's place and perform the activities within the client environment...then it would better be treated as 'service; [because
1. presumably 'controls' towards ensuring an successfull project are influenced by factors other than your systems/procedures alone!
2. in such instances, more often than not, the review could only be retrospective!

and in other case; where you take up project, develop/evolve it internally and deliver it to client, then it could be considered as product.

regarding the reference material, i guess that there should be some reference available from the software industry[ cause this very 'service' aspect is almost an bread and butter for them; obviously i am not referring to product companies, ]

hope that helps.
thanks.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Moncia Complaint / Non-Conforming Product / CAPA Procedures - Please share your experience ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
N Control of stock (Off the Shelf) Non-Conforming Material & Product Tags ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
H Combined Procedure - Control of Non-conforming Product, Corrective and Preventive Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 14
N What is the Cost of Tracking Non-Conforming Product Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
M Salvaging Components of a Non-Conforming Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 14
K Link between Control of Documents, CPAR & Control of Non-Conforming Product Procedure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
J API Q1 - Control of Non-Conforming Product - Use-As-Is or Repair Dispositions Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 2
J Feedback on NCP (Non-Conforming Product) Procedure Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
T Non Conforming Product from a Supplier - How to proceed Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
A Non-Conforming Product vs. Supplier Audit Finding Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 8
A Non Conforming Product in an IT (Information Technology) Company ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
J AS9100 Control of Non Conforming Product - Personnel who make Disposition Decisions AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
J Kindly Review my Control of Non-Conforming Product Procedure Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
G Knowingly Shipping Non-Conforming Product Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
V Control of Non Conforming Product procedure explaining the process for approval Nonconformance and Corrective Action 3
L How to apply the clause "control of non-conforming product" on services company ? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
B 8.3 Non-Conforming Product Aerospace AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
A Service base Non-conforming Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
L Non-conforming product = Scrap??? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
M Differences between Non-conforming Material vs. Nonconforming Product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
R Supplier Non Conforming Product Impact/Severity - Honda document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
R Non conforming product control for services - Looking for ideas and suggestions 8.3 Service Industry Specific Topics 4
R Control of Non-conforming Goods (Product) - Tracking what happens to the goods ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
S Control of Non Conforming Product Procedure Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 1
S Control of Non-conforming product procedure in a R&D company Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
A Control of Non-conforming product - Shared services centre processes transactions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
Y Seeking help with control of non-conforming product ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
Y Control of the Non-conforming Product Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
S Control of Non-Conforming Product - Report to do about ISO elements Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A What measurables have you identified for "Control of non-conforming product" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A ISO 9000:2000 Clause 8.3 - Control of Non-Conforming Product Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
R Non-Conforming Product - Project to drill a well Nonconformance and Corrective Action 12
F Non conforming locked? Manufacturing and Related Processes 13
S Advice on how to reduce overhead of handling non-conforming material Nonconformance and Corrective Action 7
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
S What's meant by ISO9001 clause 8.7 non conforming output? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
C Looking for RED ESD Bags that preferably say NON-CONFORMING Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
C Method of Monitoring our Internally Produced Non-Conforming Products Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 7
A Non-Conforming Material Control and Inventory Software System Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 5
C NCM (Non-Conforming Materials) Procedure questions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N ISO 17025 clause 5.8.3 Records of Non-Conforming Test Items ISO 17025 related Discussions 3
P Non Conforming Material in the Warehouse..to tag or not? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
R How to Handle 'Scrap and Replace' of Non-Conforming Products Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
C AS9100 8.3 Procedure for Non-Conforming Parts - When should an NCR be filled out? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
J Positive Control of Non Conforming Material at Machines AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
D Non-Conforming Holding Area Methods and Size Nonconformance and Corrective Action 9
Q Nonconforming Material Control - Gap in the Control of Non-Conforming Materials 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
H Known non-conforming samples in attribute GR&R (Gage R&R) Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 3
M Non-Conforming Material Hold Tracking Software Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 2