Non-conforming product procedure - For a Service Company

I

Iman Attarzadeh

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a procedure sample for requirement 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 for service companies?

We are a consulting company and don't offer or deliver physical product to our clients.

I appreciate to have any relative templates also.

:thanks:

Last edited by a moderator:

Stijloor

Leader
Super Moderator
Re: Non conforming product procedure - For a service company

Hi guys,

Does anyone have a procedure sample for requirement 8.3 of ISO 9001:2008 for service companies?

we are a consulting company and dont offer or deliver physical product to our clients.

I appreciate to have any relative templates also.

Iman,

An advanced search on: "8.3 for Service", revealed these results.

Some additional exploration through the threads and posts is required.;)

Stijloor.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: Non conforming product procedure - For a service company

Arguably, if you write a QA manual as a service, that manual becomes a product. It's called intellectual product.

I

Iman Attarzadeh

Thank you all.
Marc,
we provide business consultancy to our clients.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
while i am no expert on the sub.matter; let me take a guess;

All the consultant-services are based on a combination of SOW [Statement of Work] or objective/end-result; You can consider that as product as well;

Any business communication regarding 'variance' in any of the above two components could be treated as complaint/deviation and trigger for evaluation & subsequent system improvement.

i am afraid, if i am tangential! OR just stating the obvious;:bonk:

thanks
valiveti.

I

Iman Attarzadeh

while i am no expert on the sub.matter; let me take a guess;

All the consultant-services are based on a combination of SOW [Statement of Work] or objective/end-result; You can consider that as product as well;

Any business communication regarding 'variance' in any of the above two components could be treated as complaint/deviation and trigger for evaluation & subsequent system improvement.

i am afraid, if i am tangential! OR just stating the obvious;:bonk:

thanks
valiveti.

Thanks man,:agree1:
We do have SOW, and we have it for all the projects.
I think i got the overall concept. but shall I call it non-conforming product or for our case we can refer to it as non-conforming service?

I

Iman Attarzadeh

By the way,
I did many researches to a proper procedure for service non-conforming, but didnt find one!
If anyone could help with that please I really appreciate it.

v9991

Trusted Information Resource
Thanks man,:agree1:
We do have SOW, and we have it for all the projects.
I think i got the overall concept. but shall I call it non-conforming product or for our case we can refer to it as non-conforming service?

once again i am running the risk of just stating the obvious;
:eek:

it depends on the consulting scenario!
if you go over to client's place and perform the activities within the client environment...then it would better be treated as 'service; [because
1. presumably 'controls' towards ensuring an successfull project are influenced by factors other than your systems/procedures alone!
2. in such instances, more often than not, the review could only be retrospective!

and in other case; where you take up project, develop/evolve it internally and deliver it to client, then it could be considered as product.

regarding the reference material, i guess that there should be some reference available from the software industry[ cause this very 'service' aspect is almost an bread and butter for them; obviously i am not referring to product companies, ]

hope that helps.
thanks.

Top Bottom