Non Conformity of Support Processes - Need another NC form?

Q

QAMTY

Hi everyone

Do you have any idea as to how to manage NC?s on the support processes?

For example NC?s of nonconforming product fall under 8.3, for that I plan to have a procedure and a form for catching the nc?s defining the dispositions.

But I?m not sure how to manage a nc of a user complaining against
HR because he didn?t receive a uniform at the right time, or
against IT because received a poor softwaer installation

I know 8.3 focuses on product not on the mentioned services.

Would be a good idea to have a form for NC product
and other form for the other NC?s (HR and IT)?

For the 8.3 I have a procedure and form.

Or such issues should fall into internal complaints?

I sell machinery for the Oil Industry

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Non conformities of support processes

Hi everyone

Do you have any idea as to how to manage NC?s on the support processes?

For example NC?s of nonconforming product fall under 8.3, for that I plan to have a procedure and a form for catching the nc?s defining the dispositions.

But I?m not sure how to manage a nc of a user complaining against
HR because he didn?t receive a uniform at the right time, or
against IT because received a poor softwaer installation

I know 8.3 focuses on product not on the mentioned services.

Would be a good idea to have a form for NC product
and other form for the other NC?s (HR and IT)?

For the 8.3 I have a procedure and form.

Or such issues should fall into internal complaints?

I sell machinery for the Oil Industry

Any feedback is appreciated

Thanks
You are always looking at your system.
What is wrong, what is the issue, what is the problem, what is the non-conformance.....
Can it be right away corrected ? Please do
Does my system desire that this does not happen again ?
What can I do to ensure that this typical problem does not resurface ?
Extend the same thought as for your product to your support services.
You are responsible to make your internal systems smooth and trouble free for quicker and smarter working that will result in better meeting your customer requirements and your business requirements.
The form you use can be any that suits you.
Remember that any corrective actions shall be appropriate to the effects of the nonconformities encountered.

harry

Super Moderator
Does the phrase "wherever the term product occurs, it can also mean service" (see 3. Terms and definitions) ring a bell in you? You need not have a separate NC form - the service provided by supporting processes are considered as 'product' according the above.

Too many forms create nightmares for users and often serves to trap your own self if a wrong form is inadvertently used.

Q

QAMTY

Thanks Harry

But don?y you think that:
First:
When referring the product and services are the ones delivered to the client
not internal services.

Second:

When managing NC products is needed to define dispositions
and sometimes internal services, most of them don't apply dispositions.

That?s why I try to separate them.

Thanks

somashekar

Staff member
Super Moderator
Thanks Harry

First:
not internal services.

Second:

Thanks
I can see you are clear about the product requirement.
However your question relates to analysis of data and then improvement.
8.4 Analysis of data
The organization shall determine, collect and analyse appropriate data to demonstrate the suitability and effectiveness of the quality management system and to evaluate where continual improvement of the effectiveness of the quality management system can be made. This shall include data generated as a result of monitoring and measurement and from other relevant sources.
Above from ISO9001; 8.4
If your concern is from a relevant source, consider it for continual improvement.
Use the steps as said in 8.5.2. This clause is general and not product specific.
Again, always remember that :
Corrective actions shall be appropriate to the effects of the nonconformities encountered.

The form is only a means. You can very well use the same form that you have for your product NC corrective action.

harry

Super Moderator
Thanks Harry

First:
not internal services.

Second:

Thanks
I think I understand your question better now - You tie your NC form to 8.3 Non Conforming Product. In my case, I tie my NC form (non conforming report form) to 'non-conforming' as defined in 3.6.2 of ISO 9000 - so I have the freedom to use it on any NC.

When referring the product and services are the ones delivered to the client not internal services.
In real life, do you think you can deliver a conforming product or service to your customer when you have non-conforming internal (product realization) process or processes? I am referring to the installation of software which can have an effect on your ability to satisfy customer requirements.

With regards to issuance of uniform at the right time, these are HR issues unless your system has provisions for it.

S

ssz102

in my opinon, whether the NC are come from product process or other support process, the nature of them are the same;
so the format is not query no matter which the NC format will be used, for they are including the description of issue and containment actions and root cause analysis and corrective actions taken etc.
the purpose of actions taken is prevent to this phenomenon are recurring

R

Randy Lefferts

Hi Qamty,

Why not have an identifier at the top of the form differentiating whether it?s a product or service nonconformance? You could have a check box for product and another one for service or however you choose to do it. Just check the one that it pertains to, fill out the appropriate sections of the form and then route it appropriately.

We used to use a corrective action form that had 6 or 7 checkboxes at the top of the form that we would mark. CAR?s can be issued for Safety, Audits, Customer Issue, Environmental, etc. and the appropriate header checked. These were completed and then routed appropriately so that trend analysis could be performed. Obviously there were areas of the form that weren?t filled out depending on the type of C.A.R. it was. Customer Issues involved parts and as such, part numbers, plant location, etc. were recorded on the form. These areas were blank when using the form for an audit C.A.R. or Safety Issue.

Bottom line, all pertinent information was captured on one form for various types. No need to have multiple forms.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
S Can we provide training plan as corrective action for IATF 16949 Non conformity? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 9
Q Non conformity, do nothing? Employee experiencing "hard times" ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26
D Root Cause on Non-Conformity Against Quality Manual Problem Solving, Root Cause Fault and Failure Analysis 9
M Auditing a Contractor in EMS and Non Conformity Report General Auditing Discussions 1
A IATF 16949 - Non-conformity on 5.1.1.2 Process effectiveness and efficiency IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B IATF 16949: Definition Major/Minor Non-conformity IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
E Non Conformity due to Outsourced Internal Audit Error ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 2
J Non-Conformity Overreach - We recently switched our EU Authorized Representative ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
R Non-Conformity Report from Notified Body - MEDDEV Guide is not Legally Binding EU Medical Device Regulations 16
B A question of Non-conformity specifics - AQAP2120 (The MOD's equivalent to ISO9001) General Auditing Discussions 1
Q Non Conformity in Audit: Missing Deputy Rule ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 10
S Internal Audit - Non conformity not easily fixable (Sales and Contracts) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 30
L Non Conformity (Nonconformance) Report & Preventive Action Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 23
S Some departments don't have Quality Objectives - Non Conformity? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 68
S HR Manager refusing to create Quality Objectives - Is this a Non-Conformity? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 11
H Product Non-Conformity and Document Change Request Forms - Corrective Action needed? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 16
A Declaration of Conformity for non-CE Mark products CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
Q How do you define repeated non conformity (aka Recurrence)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 24
T A confusing Non-conformity - No defined QMS processes intended for 'Management' ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
A Non-EU countries who use your EC Certificate & Declaration of Conformity Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
eternal_atlas Identification of ISO 9001 Clause to a specific Non-Conformity General Auditing Discussions 7
C Show cause letter given as a result of a minor non-conformity raised by CB Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 6
L Completed Non-conformity report examples needed! ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
T Non-conformity - Not performing Supplier Development on one specific supplier IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
A Communicating to our employees: consequences to customer of non-conformity IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
D TS 16949: 2002 section 7.6.1 - MSA non conformity at registration audit IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
K Major Non-Conformity During Initial TS16949 Audit Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
M Record Falsification - What clause to raise a non-conformity? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 20
N Audit non-compliance API Q1 - Use of External Documents 4.4.4 in Product Realization Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 4
D Using non-conforming components even though the final assembly is conforming? Manufacturing and Related Processes 5
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M CE marking for NON-EU EU Medical Device Regulations 0
E Non-GMP examples in Pharmaceutical industry Pharmaceuticals (21 CFR Part 210, 21 CFR Part 211 and related Regulations) 2
blile Increasing PFMEA occurrence ranking after non-conformance FMEA and Control Plans 4
S Non-Conformance and Deviations ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
B Risk Assessment Checklist for Non product Software IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
N Audit non-compliance - API Spec Q1 9th Ed 5.6.1.2 b Oil and Gas Industry Standards and Regulations 10
R Applicability of new non-harmonized standards (MDD/MDR) EU Medical Device Regulations 8
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
J Guidance on manufacturing non-surgical face masks US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 3
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
C If it doesn't prevent a non-conformance, is it a preventive action? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
G Addressing Non-Conformances from an Internal Audit that are not product related ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Non conformance product identification and traceability 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
I Non-Conformance vs OFI -- your best descriptions ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 61
G Question about Non-conformances during New Product Introduction Nonconformance and Corrective Action 14
B Bioburden monitoring for surgical instrument provided non-sterile EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Y Packaging validation for non-sterile Medical Equipment Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
J Medical System with non-medical device and FCC US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 5