Non English Speaking Operators - Bi-lingual lead people? Suggestions?

A

Al Dyer

Welcome:bigwave:

And please go visual as much as possible. The operators may not spek english well but they must be doing the job if they are still employed. And like above, a translator is paramount to success.

Al...:)

A

Atul Khandekar

We do a lot of training for our clients. Though English is fairly well understood here, many times we end up conducting the training in at least three languages (Marathi-Local language, Hindi-National & English-International). This approach works well in a classroom where you are talking and explaining the things.

Al Dyer said:
Welcome:bigwave:

And please go visual as much as possible. The operators may not spek english well but they must be doing the job if they are still employed. And like above, a translator is paramount to success.
Al...:)
We in fact developed our Quincunx Simulator software initially specifically for use as a visual aid in our own programs.

We also have our training materials translated into local languages. However, we cannot really expect the workmen to read through long text even if it is in their own language. That's why I am always on the lookout for examples of visual aids that can be used on the shop floor and are easily understood by workers.

Thank you Carol for the example.

Richard Olson said:
I am looking to see if I can possibly find something to clean up to give you an idea though.
Thanks Richard, I'll look forward to it.

Rgds,
-Atul.

Top Bottom