Noneffective Root Cause Analysis: 6M Fish-Bone Template

S

silvestri

Hi all,
in the last years, I delivered a lot of training courses about problem-solving tools
to the colleagues of my company production plants. But, reading the C.A. records, the results have never been enthusiastic: our typical root cause analysis, in fact, looks like this example:
FAULT MODE = product with burrs => ROOT CAUSE = dirty mould => CORRECTIVE ACTION = to clean up the mould.
IMHO, this minimal-technical approach is not satisfactory at all and the concerned defect - we can bet - will recur again.

I was looking for something able to wake up the fantasy and the creativity of the colleagues involved in the problem solving teams and I created this 6M fish-bone template, that I would like to share with you. In this template you can find a cause-effect tree, focused to drive the team toward a higher level of cause.

You can look at this template in the six .PDF files contained in the zip archive called Defect cause.zip, you can download from here. (The file's too large to be attached in the thread) :notme:

if you want use and modify the original document as a mind map, instead, download the file DefectCause.mm from the same webpage. To work on it, you need to install the software that generated it (the well known open-source FreeMind), and you can download it from here.

If you like it, please feel free to use this template as you prefer. Every suggestion, comment or addition will be appreciated.

A

alevici

Hallo Silvestri, i was just looking at your job (great job...) but i can't open file .mm with Freemind but only pdf. It seems you created them with an old version of Freemind.
Any suggestion

Top Bottom