Notification of Changes to a Class I Medical Device - Reporting Requirements

neash83

Starting to get Involved
Hello,

I'm trying to find any guidance on requirements related to notification of changes in a medical device.

It is only for a Class I device (non sterile and non measuring) done under Annex VII.

If there was a change made to the device, what requirements would apply regarding notification of change and to what type of changes?

I can't seem to find anything specific in the MDD and wondered if there was any guidance documents available specifically cover Class I devices?

Thanks

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

neash83

Starting to get Involved
Re: Notification of Changes to Class I Medical Device Reporting Requirements

I was thinking more along the lines of more standard changes to the device, as opposed to those required under vigilance assessment. Such as a change in the material for performance requirements or indications for use.

Thanks

pkost

Trusted Information Resource

Notification of class I product is dependent on the competent authority

If you take the UK for example, the MHRA only expects you to inform them that you are placing a product group on the market; if you add to the group at a later date then you don't need to do anything (even if it is an entirely new device)

Other countries have different rules

shimonv

Trusted Information Resource

My understanding of it is that class I devices are self declaration.
So, as long your change is within the scope of the its definition as class I device, and as long as no adverse events or recalls are issued (which should't really happen with a low risk device), and as long as post-market surveialance information does't reveal something surprising that may change its classification - you are good.

I too, am not aware of any regulation on this matter.
It's important to make sure that your change control process includes regulatory assessment. This way if there is a change in the intended use someone will check if the classification remains the same.

Shimon

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Customer notification of processing changes - Class I medical devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
L Notification and submission requirements for medical device material changes Registrars and Notified Bodies 2
M Is Notification of the Test Laboratory always necessary for Supplier Changes? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 12
J Process Changes - Customer Notification Requirements APQP and PPAP 12
S Software changes (windows 2007 compatible) notification to FDA? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
R Engineering changes for customer notification - PPAP Submission APQP and PPAP 5
H Customer Notification of Transfer, Material and/or Other Changes QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 2
G Defining Process Changes and Customer Notification Requirements IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 33
S Supplier shall notify GM - II.3.3 Customer Notification of Supplier Initiated Changes APQP and PPAP 8
D Packaging Changes & PPAP and Customer Notification APQP and PPAP 2
J FDA notification of address change US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
N Competent Authority notification for non-EU manufacturer EU Medical Device Regulations 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P 21 CFR 807.81 When a premarket notification submission is required Other US Medical Device Regulations 0
M Informational US FDA Final Guidance – Special Premarket Notification [510(k)] Pathway Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
D Customer and Company Specific Requirements for notification of Customers of a change in Management or Key Personnel Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
M Informational US FDA Final guidance – Metal Expandable Biliary Stents – Premarket Notification (510(k)) Submissions Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational ANVISA – Notification for Class 1 devices – Resolução da Diretoria Colegiada – RDC nº 270 de 28/02/2019 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M FDA News USFDA Final Guidance – Intent to Exempt Certain Unclassified Medical Devices from Premarket Notification Requirements Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
supadrai Informational Japan Minor Change Notification Application Form - Found it? Japan Medical Device Regulations 0
C QR Code on Medical Device Packaging and Notification to Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 1
S Change Control Form vs. Document Change Notification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T External Standard Update Notification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
S Nemko AS & DQS - Concern over notification as a Medical Device NB Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
E Customer Letter/Notification - Is it a field action? Other US Medical Device Regulations 4
dubrizo IATF 16949 Clause 8.7.1.6 - Customer Notification - Your Inputs Requested IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
O Regulatory Notification for IVD IFU Instructions Revision ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T Notification of affected parties of Updated Documented Procedures ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
J CRB (Certification Registration Body) Notification of Potential Escape AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
C Notification to Customers regarding Major Audit Finding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 25
GStough Template for Supplier Notification of Audit Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 5
P Acquisition of a company that manufactures a PMA device-FDA notification requriements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
F Notification Procedure for Reimbursement Implants and Invasive Devices in Belgium EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Audit Notification - Is it a obligation to notify people or just good practice Internal Auditing 18
Stijloor GM (Supplier) and PPAP Requirement 3.1 Customer Notification APQP and PPAP 5
Ajit Basrur FDA: Industry Notification: Furlough Update (8 October 2013) US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 8
N Notification Sample Regarding Record Retention ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
O Documenting Processes requiring Customer Notification Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
A Customer Notification of Change Procedure Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 1
L How to track the NCR (Quality Notification, Services Notification) Nonconformance and Corrective Action 2
A Temporary Change of Manufacturing Site - Notified Body Notification Requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Hershal This morning I received notification that I have my third copyright Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 11
B Control Plan Revision Requirements - Notification of and Approval by Customers FMEA and Control Plans 1
K Customer Notification Requirements - New Packaging Machine for Class 1 Medical Device ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
A Do I need to send notification to Notified body and EC Rep? EU Medical Device Regulations 12
D Customer Notification: PCN - EOL ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
A Material Grade Change Notification to Brazil ANVISA Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M Class I Medical Device - 1st notification and change notification EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Update on Change Notification for Registered Medical Devices in Singapore Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
B Process Change Notification (PCN) form to notify our customers of a change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3