Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company

ryanryanryan

Registered
I'm looking for an NB that would be willing to conduct an MDD (yes, MDD) audit in mid 1Q20 for a class-II device. Any recommendations for any groups still willing to perform MDD audits? All facilities are based in Florida.

Mikilk

Involved In Discussions
I do not believe you will find such... as it takes a few months to complete the process and it will lead you to May 2020. from my experience with several EU NBs, none of them will accept new clients for MDD ( I dought if they will accept new products under MDD for existing clients) It is not feasible
good luck - let us know if you find someone - we might use it as well :)

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
I agree, it is almost certainly too late to actually do this. If you find one that says it will do this, I would make sure the contract includes penalties for failure to do so in a timely manner.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
I would make sure the contract includes penalties for failure to do so in a timely manner.
I'm sure that any NB that would undertake to do it will make sure to include ample exclusion clauses effectively rendering any such penalties useless ("emergency exits" for them). The NB services "market" has been a sellers' market for some years, and still is, so NBs can do pretty much whatever suits them. You can't shackle this bear.

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
it will make sure to include ample exclusion clauses effectively rendering any such penalties useless

That would be my expectation, also. If company management is determined to enter into such an agreement ("hope and denial"), probably the best you can do is point out to them that there is nothing in it that guarantees on-time completion. Of course, if their lawyers are better than yours, this might not be obvious...

Top Bottom