Notified Body for MDD 1Q20 - Florida Company

I'm looking for an NB that would be willing to conduct an MDD (yes, MDD) audit in mid 1Q20 for a class-II device. Any recommendations for any groups still willing to perform MDD audits? All facilities are based in Florida.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Mikilk

Involved In Discussions
I do not believe you will find such... as it takes a few months to complete the process and it will lead you to May 2020. from my experience with several EU NBs, none of them will accept new clients for MDD ( I dought if they will accept new products under MDD for existing clients) It is not feasible
good luck - let us know if you find someone - we might use it as well :)

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
I agree, it is almost certainly too late to actually do this. If you find one that says it will do this, I would make sure the contract includes penalties for failure to do so in a timely manner.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
I would make sure the contract includes penalties for failure to do so in a timely manner.
I'm sure that any NB that would undertake to do it will make sure to include ample exclusion clauses effectively rendering any such penalties useless ("emergency exits" for them). The NB services "market" has been a sellers' market for some years, and still is, so NBs can do pretty much whatever suits them. You can't shackle this bear.

Watchcat

Trusted Information Resource
it will make sure to include ample exclusion clauses effectively rendering any such penalties useless
That would be my expectation, also. If company management is determined to enter into such an agreement ("hope and denial"), probably the best you can do is point out to them that there is nothing in it that guarantees on-time completion. Of course, if their lawyers are better than yours, this might not be obvious...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
JoshuaFroud The withdrawal of Lloyd’s Register MDD & IVDD Notified Body Status CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
C Notified Body MDD Technical Audit of our Technical Construction File EU Medical Device Regulations 2
A European Notified Body (MDD 93/42/EEC) Survey - Analysis will be posted. ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 12
P Notified Body Approval of Change EU Medical Device Regulations 2
K Adding the Notified Body Number CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
A NB (Notified Body) Audit of Standards ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
J Conflict of Interest Registrar/Notified Body/Testing House Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
R Change Notification - Registrar vs Notified body ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
Watchcat "Disappeared" Linkedin Notified Body Rant EU Medical Device Regulations 2
M Notified Body audits -Class Ia medical device product EU Medical Device Regulations 4
M Informational EU – New notified body designated under the MDR – NB 2797 BSI Group The Netherlands B.V. Netherlands Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – New notified body designated under the MDR – NB 1912 – DARE!! Services B.V. – Netherlands Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N Customer asking if their notified body can audit us ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 5
N MDR review process by notified body - How many steps exist in the review process EU Medical Device Regulations 0
Ed Panek CAPA against Notified Body? EU Medical Device Regulations 5
M Informational EU – First IVDR designated Notified Body – DEKRA Certification GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
N Regular meetings with Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 13
M Informational EU – New designated Notified Body under the MDR – TÜV Rheinland LGA Products GmbH Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational New designated Notified Body for Regulation (EU) 2017/745 (MDR) included in Nando – IMQ ISTITUTO ITALIANO DEL MARCHIO DI QUALITÀ S.P.A. Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 3
M Informational EU – Next Notified Body designated to the MDR 2017/475 is IMQ S.p.A from Italy Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Informational EU – DEKRA Certification GmbH is the third Notified Body designated under the MDR Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Measurement Unit Rounding Nonconformity - Notified Body Audit Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
M Informational From RAPS – Another Notified Body Bows Out Ahead of EU MDR: ‘Investment Too High’ Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 2
M Authorized Rep (AR), competent authority, NCA and notified body - Differences EU Medical Device Regulations 9
R How long to wait for Notified Body Response - Potentially significant change to a medical device CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 6
M Informational New Notified Body designated under the MDR – TÜV SÜD Product Service GmbH Zertifizierstellen Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
shimonv Non-significant notice of change to notified body EU Medical Device Regulations 4
S Difficulty Finding A Notified Body for CE Marking - No Capacity Registrars and Notified Bodies 5
P Notified body located in an other country than manufacturing company ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
M BSI – Want to know more about the Notified Body? Registrars and Notified Bodies 0
M Start-Up Company looking for ISO 13485 Certification Body and Medical Device CE Mark Notified Body Registrars and Notified Bodies 6
M Medical Device News BSI achieves Designation for its Netherlands Medical Devices Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 2
C Attestation of QA certificate from foreign (EU) Notified Body Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 6
D Notified body - CE Certification Class 2a Products in India CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
M Notified Body Involvement with Self Declared Products EU Medical Device Regulations 7
C QR Code on Medical Device Packaging and Notification to Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 1
H Clinical investigation - Role of Notified Body (NB) EU Medical Device Regulations 6
S Certification Body, Registrar, Notified Body - What is the difference? Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
D CE Mark with same NB (Notified Body)? CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 4
Sam Lazzara Expedited, fast-track Notified Body Technical File reviews EU Medical Device Regulations 3
Sam Lazzara Notified Body CE Project Manager - Worst job ever? EU Medical Device Regulations 6
K Notified Body - Minor Nonconformances - They have withheld all certificates General Auditing Discussions 3
R Non-Conformity Report from Notified Body - MEDDEV Guide is not Legally Binding EU Medical Device Regulations 16
JoCam Required Frequency of Notified Body reviews of Technical Files EU Medical Device Regulations 6
R ISO 13485 Certificate Scope modified by Notified Body EU Medical Device Regulations 9
S Literature Search - Notified Body Had Questions About our Rationale CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 9
M Notified Body (NB) Audits of Sub-Contractors and Critical Suppliers EU Medical Device Regulations 35
C Class I Reusable Surgical Instruments - CE Mark with the Notified Body number EU Medical Device Regulations 14
R Which Notified Body to Choose in the EU EU Medical Device Regulations 7
C Moving to a different Notified Body Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 5