Number of Required Audit Mandays - TS 16949:2002

K

Konstantin Stavrou

Mandays for TS 16949

Does anybody know how many mandays it would take, to grade up to ISO/TS 16949?
Our company is QS9000 & VDA 6.1 certified and there are still working 800 employees?
Thank you.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
16949 is essentially QS9000 with some odds and ends, including some VDA6.1. You will have to make a matrix to compare but I would bet you that there will be little you will have to do to satisfy TS16949. Sorry I can't give you a mandays figure without a gap analysis.

Q

Quality-1

Hi:

I need someone to correct me if I am wrong in understanding the Number of Man days for the organizsation with Employees totalling about 2500. The way I understand, the number of mandays should be 18 for TS 16949:2002. But the company I know is being audited for 45 mandays?

They are going for ISO 9K2 and TS 16949 with multiple sites (incl. some off sites).

Is 45 days reasonable for 2500 employees size?

Thank you

Quality-1 said:
Hi:

I need someone to correct me if I am wrong in understanding the Number of Man days for the organizsation with Employees totalling about 2500. The way I understand, the number of mandays should be 18 for TS 16949:2002. But the company I know is being audited for 45 mandays?

They are going for ISO 9K2 and TS 16949 with multiple sites (incl. some off sites).

Is 45 days reasonable for 2500 employees size?

Thank you
Sounds unreasonable to me. Of course it all depends on how the audit plan is developed. For example 8 days is required for 250 employee, conceivably you could have 10 site at 8 days each for 80 days. of course you get a 70% reduction with 10 to 19 sites.
IMO, familiarize your self with the "certification scheme" and get multiple quotes. (at least 10)

Marc

Staff member
Admin
My list - it's old - shows 18 man days for 2500 people for a registration audit.

Q

Quality-1

Thank you

Thank you for the response.

But is there a MATHEMATICAL formula to calc Audit days based on various parameters such as Sites, Remote Location etc.

I saw one example at AIOB.org but no clear formula

regards,
Quality-1

Marc

Staff member
Admin
Sidney might know. I think he's gone for a few days, but I'll move this thread to the Registrar forum so he'll see it. Maybe someone else knows more.

T

tattva

Annex 3 in " Rules for achieving IATF recognition " states for 2001-4000 employees es 18 day on initial audit.

Now are these 45 days applied only to one facility or are applied to several facilities?

Requierement 7 in same annex 3 states " entity means site and supporting functions remote or not. The number of employees es the total of those on site AND in supporting activities "

May be you should get in touch with your CB and have this matter cleared right away!

Q

Quality-1

Thank you

Thank you---

I did contact CB and got clarification. But I like to see exactly the Formula being used. They just referred AIOB

regards,
Quality-1

Quality-1 said:
Thank you---

I did contact CB and got clarification. But I like to see exactly the Formula being used. They just referred AIOB

regards,
Quality-1
The "formula" is found on page 7 of the certification scheme.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
V Reference Number required in Internal Audit Checklists ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
P Required number of auditor days (Audit Man-Days) for AS9100 AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 32
Jane's Like-for-like critical raw material change qualification - type of testing/ number of lots required ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
lilybef Number of lots required for stability testing of a Class II device in the 510(k) Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
S Is Lot Number required in addition to UDI serial number? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 7
M How to find the number of required data - Correlation with 4 variables Using Minitab Software 2
M Is a Form Number Required? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
M Process Approach: Types & number of processes required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
T Required ISO 17025 Traceability - The specific ID/SS number of the test weight ISO 17025 related Discussions 6
S Number of Documented / Controlled Procedures Required by TS 16949 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
P Number of Laboratories required to participate in ILCP General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
kisxena Separate NCR for each Part Number required or necessary? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 4
Q Excel worksheet - Help required (viewing specific number of rows/columns) Excel .xls Spreadsheet Templates and Tools 4
A The Minimum Number of Internal Auditors Required in an Organization Internal Auditing 37
K Resubmission of PSW required by customer because of part number change IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
C Thermohygrometer Calibration - Number of Required Calibration Points General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 13
J Samples Selection in Gage R&R - Number of Decimal Places Required? Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 1
K What is the Minimum number of internal auditors required? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
C New PPAP submission required when changing part number? APQP and PPAP 11
A Ford Gage R&R - Required Number of Appraisers per MSA Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
P ISO 9001:2000 - Required Procedures or minimum required number? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 45
D Determining the the maximum number of reprocessing cycles of attachments CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
K Why 'FD&C act section number' and 'section number' in the title of the act are different? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 1
A Risk Number for each software requirement IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 7
K Adding the Notified Body Number CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
C Quantifying risk in choosing the number of parts, operators and replicates in a GR&R Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 4
Q LOT or Serial Number Symbol not used when the information is contained in the UDI? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Proud Liberal Power Query to combine multiple tables of unequal number of columns Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 1
Q How is Medical Device Number (MDL) assigned to companies? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
D How to get EUDAMED Single Registration Number (SRN) EU Medical Device Regulations 10
M Informational US FDA – Modifications to the List of Recognized Standards, Recognition List Number: 052 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
M Nonconformity for missing form number on the job description document Nonconformance and Corrective Action 1
I Number of decimals in equation calculated by MiniTab Using Minitab Software 0
F 2017/745 Article 31 Single Registration Number Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 5
Z Do we still have to put UDI if we have DI and lot number seperately on our product ? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 4
Z Two Payment Identification Number (PIN) for the same order in DFUF website 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
Ed Panek GTIN (Global Trade Item Number) for non CE Mark Other Medical Device Related Standards 4
A The latest revision number and changes in automotive core tools IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
G Belgium - How do I get an enterprise CBE Number Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
M Document Control - Revision Number in Document Names Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
M Informational USFDA – FDA Modernization Act of 1997: Modifications to the List of Recognized Standards, Recognition List Number: 051 Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0
S How to number and control translated SOPs - Three languages Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
qualprod Calculate number of people in processes, considering cycle time/takt time = quantity of people Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 9
A Doubt on multiple inspection carrying out for same balloon number during Stage Inspection and Final Inspection? Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 3
K Relabeling or Not Relabeling - Adding our internal Part Number barcode label 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
J DoE - Number of runs in Plackett-Burman (Minitab) Using Minitab Software 2
G Heat Number on CofC - Stainless steel tube Manufacturing and Related Processes 2
M Determining number of employees within the "Scope" of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
qualprod What tier number fits in a company producing paper labels stuck on automotive parts? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 7
M Medical Device News TGA Consultation: Changes to a number of definitions and the scope of the medical device regulatory framework in Australia Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 0