Number Of Surveillance Audit Days For Remote Sites

C

CHRISKOCAJ

MY REGISTRAR TELLS ME THAT IATF HAS NEW GUIDELINES FOR THE NUMBER OF AUDIT DAYS/FREQUENCY FOR REMOTE SITES, SUCH THAT EACH REMOTE SITE MUST BE SURV. AUDITED EVERY 6 MONTHS DURING THE NORMAL 3 YR CERTIFICATION CYCLE. I CANNOT FIND THESE GUIDELINES. HELP!:confused: :confused:

J

JaySturgeon

Chris

So have the reigstrar support what they are saying in writing

If it's in black and white they should have a copy they can send you.

Good luck.:truce:

T

tomvehoski

I assume you mean for ISO/TS 16949. How many sites are under the certificate?

Tom

J

JaySturgeon

Which Standard

Chris

IF YOU LOOK AT THE QS-900 THIRD ED. APPENDIX H PG. 108 IT SHOULD CLARIFY SOME THINGS FOR YOU.

We are in the process of transition to TS-16949 and I assume it is the same.

The minimum number of audit days is listed.

Tom makes a good point. I assumed that your remote cite was listed on the cert based on the wording of your question, but, of course I could be wrong.

Jay

T

tomvehoski

It should all be spelled out in this document: ISO/TS 16949:2002 Automotive Certification Scheme - Rules for Achieving IATF Recognition, 1st edition for ISO/TS 16949:2002

You can purchase from AIAG. I can't find my copy right now - probably buried in the back of the car. I'll see if I can dig it up and post some more info.

Tom

C

CHRISKOCAJ

REMOTE SITE AUDIT DAYS

I RECEIVED A CLARIFICATION TODAY. EACH REMOTE SITE MUST BE SURV. AUDITED AT LEAST ONCE PER EVERY 12 MONTHS. SO IF THE SITE CALCULATES OUT TO 6 TOTAL SURVEILLANCE AUDIT DAYS, IT CAN BE SURV AUDITED ONCE / 12 MONTHS FOR 6 DAYS OR TWICE PER YEAR (EVERY 6 MONTHS) FOR 3 SURV AUDIT DAYS.

THIS IS SUPPOSEDLY IN THE CERT RULE SCHEME DOC, BUT IMHO, NOT VERY CLEAR.

T

tomvehoski

If the site is big enough for you to require at least 2 days per year they will probably make you go the six month route. I prefer this myself since it does not allow you to let things slide for 11 months. About the only time registrars let us do annual any more is if it is a small company and they only need 1 day per year. They don't like to split auditors into 1/2 days.

Tom

Top Bottom