OASIS and Auditor Entering Data - Where is the authority?

dsanabria

Quite Involved in Discussions
The new generation OASIS (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System) has the auditors entering the same data that is in the Forms (1 - 6). Yes, a duplication of documents, my auditors now spends more time entering data in 2 places than actually auditing.

Q. Where is the authority for auditors to become data clerks?.

Note: This is the only information that makes the CB responsible not the auditor.

"IAQG OPMT ICOP Resolutions Log
December 12, 2016 9104-001 Clause 8.5.c and Appendix C

For audits conducted to the 9100:2016 (or later) series of the Aerospace Quality Management System (AQMS) standards; the CB shall be responsible for input of all the required data into the OASIS Next Generation database. This shall include the utilization of the online functionality for audit planning, 9101:2016 (or later) forms completion and corrective action management.

Certified organizations shall support the CB AQMS audit process via direct input into the OASIS Next Generation database, including audit planning data and the online corrective action management process.

For audits conducted to the 9100: 2009 series of the AQMS standards, the CB shall be responsible for input of all the required data into the OASIS Next Generation database by using the legacy .pdf upload functionality."

So should I tell the auditor to continue auditing and completing the forms only?

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
I've been out of the ICOP Scheme for 4 years now, but I have been following the developments brought by the IAQG.

In the traditional way of conducting audits, there are many "opportunities" for miscommunication between registrants, auditors and CB technical people. The Next Generation (NG) OASIS aims to make the data flow seamless and "transparent" to the involved parties.

As previously mentioned, the IAQG created a large number of guidance material for OASIS NG users and it is available @ OASIS Help – Resources and Information for IAQG OASIS

For the auditor's role, the specific guidance presentation can be accessed here.

But if the question is: who gives the authority for the IAQG to demand this change in data processing and mandate the use of the online OASIS NG, the answer is the IAQG themselves. Remember, participation in the IAQG ICOP Scheme is voluntary; no one forces a CB to apply and become a part of the Scheme. Being an aerospace auditor in the ICOP Scheme is voluntary. If an auditor thinks they are doing double work, or are too busy doing data entry, they can always quit the scheme. But, let's be real: there are some auditors out there who are not keen on "modern technology" such as computers and internet...:notme: Is the real culprit of the problem OASIS NG or auditor's lack of IT savvy?

dsanabria

I've been out of the ICOP Scheme for 4 years now, but I have been following the developments brought by the IAQG.

In the traditional way of conducting audits, there are many "opportunities" for miscommunication between registrants, auditors and CB technical people. The Next Generation (NG) OASIS aims to make the data flow seamless and "transparent" to the involved parties.

As previously mentioned, the IAQG created a large number of guidance material for OASIS NG users and it is available @ OASIS Help – Resources and Information for IAQG OASIS

For the auditor's role, the specific guidance presentation can be accessed here.

But if the question is: who gives the authority for the IAQG to demand this change in data processing and mandate the use of the online OASIS NG, the answer is the IAQG themselves. Remember, participation in the IAQG ICOP Scheme is voluntary; no one forces a CB to apply and become a part of the Scheme. Being an aerospace auditor in the ICOP Scheme is voluntary. If an auditor thinks they are doing double work, or are too busy doing data entry, they can always quit the scheme. But, let's be real: there are some auditors out there who are not keen on "modern technology" such as computers and internet...:notme: Is the real culprit of the problem OASIS NG or auditor's lack of IT savvy?
Thanks Sidney, totally agree with the communication or lack of... so I give a copy to the customers, upload the forms to OASIS - with a note: see the actual forms, and the copies to the registrar.

This way if the customer wants to redact certain information, they have all the time to do so and it is never written in the actual database.

The other benefits is that I don't spend time entering data in both places and everyone is on the same page.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
This way if the customer wants to redact certain information, they have all the time to do so and it is never written in the actual database.
What type of data should a registrant want to redact? Shouldn't this be cleared during the audit and, at the last possible time, during the closing meeting? What kind of sensitive/confidential information would an experienced aerospace auditor write on his/her reports? Isn't that why level 2 data in OASIS is secured and only the registrant can give access to an inquiring party?

In the past, some CB's blamed auditors lack of timely data submission as an justification excuse for late data processing in OASIS. That's one of the scenarios that the IAQG wants to stop with the OASIS NG database. Fingers being pointed between CB's, auditors and registrants...

dsanabria

What type of data should a registrant want to redact? Shouldn't this be cleared during the audit and, at the last possible time, during the closing meeting? What kind of sensitive/confidential information would an experienced aerospace auditor write on his/her reports? Isn't that why level 2 data in OASIS is secured and only the registrant can give access to an inquiring party?

In the past, some CB's blamed auditors lack of timely data submission as an justification excuse for late data processing in OASIS. That's one of the scenarios that the IAQG wants to stop with the OASIS NG database. Fingers being pointed between CB's, auditors and registrants...
The Lawyers at Space company have expressed a desire to review all documents before making them public.

AIQG has limited power or wishes when the customers is expressing a desire to review what is published and they want to see is any sensitive information is written down.

Furthermore, the customers are not comfortable with information and data in OASIS - due to possible hack. Just look around your newspaper and appreciate their concerns.

Note: Attorneys do not attend closing meeting - they are contracted to protect the data - not to attend meetings.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Staff member
Admin
As I said, in my previous post, an experienced lead auditor is always aware of recording any sensitive data and it's implications. And they have the whole audit to ensure whatever evidence is being recorded is factual and will not disclose anything it is not supposed to be disclosed to the interested parties.

As a lead auditor, I would have serious concern if the contents of my reporting gets modified by an uncomfortable or misguided lawyer. If my reporting gets altered in any way where evidence is being deliberately deleted, the output of my work would not be in conformance with standards we are supposed to maintain.

I can only imagine any of the 19,000 OASIS listed sites start claiming the need for lengthy legal reviews before they "authorize" any data being entered into OASIS. What a travesty that would be.

dsanabria

As I said, in my previous post, an experienced lead auditor is always aware of recording any sensitive data and it's implications. And they have the whole audit to ensure whatever evidence is being recorded is factual and will not disclose anything it is not supposed to be disclosed to the interested parties.

As a lead auditor, I would have serious concern if the contents of my reporting gets modified by an uncomfortable or misguided lawyer. If my reporting gets altered in any way where evidence is being deliberately deleted, the output of my work would not be in conformance with standards we are supposed to maintain.

I can only imagine any of the 19,000 OASIS listed sites start claiming the need for lengthy legal reviews before they "authorize" any data being entered into OASIS. What a travesty that would be.
Sidney, my reports to the CB and those that are available for ANAB do not get redacted - but those that are published - they are. And it is being done more and more by more clients.

They do protect the integrity of information and that is why I make a statement in OASIS for people to get the reports from the customer because what is in OASIS is redacted.

I don't know why the space representative did not raised this issue at the AIQG level but it is reality.

:applause:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Sidney Vianna OASIS Modification To Manage Auditor Type (AEA/AA) For Each Authentication AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
J OASIS: IAQG Auditor Reporting AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Witness Auditor - Should they be listed on both OASIS and RABQSA auditor listings? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
P Customer Corrective Action Requests in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
E Participation required in OASIS and IAQG? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna High number of certificate suspensions in the IAQG OASIS database AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 14
Sidney Vianna FAA and DCMA to leverage OASIS data to assist in planning risk-based oversight audits Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) Standards and Requirements 3
M What is considered an "Audit Day" for OASIS AEA application? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D Pasting table on OASIS new database AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 0
Marc IAQG-OASIS - 9101:2016 Form 4: Cause Code Listing Now Included in Form AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
R Questioning legitimacy of CBs if not in IAQG-OASIS Database - AS9100 Certificate Registrars and Notified Bodies 8
N What is the meaning of Suspended in OASIS? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
B Supplier Certificate Suspended in OASIS - Do we need stage 1 and 2 to reinstate cert? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 2
T Review of OASIS Feedback - Note on Management Review AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
D IAQG OASIS - New tool to calculate Audit Time AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
G How much time must pass after the first Certification Audit for us to appear in OASIS AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 8
R OASIS Database Fees - How much are you paying your CB? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
Frank T. OASIS Database "Certified" Suppliers Status Question Registrars and Notified Bodies 4
J AS9100 Rev.C - First OASIS Entry for AS9100 Rev.C Certified Companies AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 21
J Suspension in OASIS - AS9100 Certification and its Registrars Registrars and Notified Bodies 9
J OASIS Information for Lead Auditors AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
C OASIS Complaint - The right way to file a complaint against a CRB AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna SAE OASIS Database - August 2018 Status AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 17
Sidney Vianna OASIS database - deadline for setting up an administrator is fast approaching AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna OASIS Feedback Loops - New stakeholders can be reached now. AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 31
A AS9100 vs. AECMA vs. Oasis (Online Aerospace Supplier Information System) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
Sidney Vianna OASIS Database Search - Top 20 AS91X0 registration certificates - CRB's AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 11
G OASIS Database at a per-entry cost of $500 - SAE Money Grubbers (AS9100) AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
B IATF16949 audit requirement - Auditor request UCL and LCL must be show Xbar-R, IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
A Becoming an ISO27001 3rd Party Auditor Career and Occupation Discussions 4
L ASQ's Biomedical Auditor Course Test ASQ - American Society for Quality 1
M Tips on preparing for IATF 16949 Internal Lead Auditor exam Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
G Same parts but new customer - What will the auditor ask me? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
Gun46 ISO 9001 : 2015 Lead Auditor Exam General Auditing Discussions 5
K %GRR was between 10-30% so we have to have a "backup plan" per auditor IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 15
S ISO 13485 Lead Auditor - Debate between our Quality Team and Regulatory Auditor - Internal Auditor Training ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 17
R ISO 45001 Lead Auditor Exam paper Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
B Internal and external auditor competency to CSR's IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 20
A Our auditor told if we didn't have a patent we would have to do a validation or verification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Certification for IATF Lead Auditor will expire in 2020 IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
D Impartiality of Internal Auditor ISO 9001/13485 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 18
Ed Panek Auditor driving us nuts - ESD requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 23
A OHSAS 18001 external auditor finding personal interpretation? Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 5
S IRCA Lead Auditor training and Exam tips Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
L ASQ CBA biomedical auditor - CBA primer material is enough to study? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
B VDA 6.3 Qualification as Process Auditor training course and exam VDA Standards - Germany's Automotive Standards 0
F ISO 21001 Educational Organizations Management - How to become an auditor Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
J Getting training either from ASQ or from SAI Global - ISO 9001 Lead Auditor training Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 1
P ASQ Certified Biomedical Auditor (CBA) Certification Preparation 2019 ASQ - American Society for Quality 3
M Medical Device Design Control Auditor Recommentations General Auditing Discussions 19