Object Oriented process description for ISO 9001:2000

J

Jean-Philippe

Good day,

I just ran across this forum today that I found very interesting. I hope I'll be able to keep up with the messages.

Now to the point. I'm a MBA student majoring in TQM. I'm thinking to write my thesis on a "universal" process model for use in ISO 9001 using object principles.
I hope that I'll be able to get some support from the "quality professional" to guide me through my work.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Jean,

I'm sure you can gain alot of knowledge from this forum. Maybe a few suggestions:

1: The FTP site is a good starting point with a gold mine full of information.

2: The search engine is top rate and will be helpful.

3: Be as detailed as possible when posting messages.

4: Have fun with the process!

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Are you referring to the process model in the new ISO 9K standard?

J

Jean-Philippe

To be more precise I want to try and develop a process description system/method using the principles of Object Design(e.g. UML). This system/method should allow the "user" following it to create a process model that will satisfy the new ISO 9K:2001 requirements for processes.
For instance, in this method, there should be a "process map". Or each process should be linked to another one, a "link map". Or each process should have properties such as "Input", "Output", "Resources", etc. One could also imagine a sort of "use case" diagram for ISO, but also other, requirements.
Is it a bit clearer ? What do you think about it ?

JP
I will be using the existing - but static - models used in the ISO 9K:2001.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Would Corrosion on Aluminum be considered FOD (Foreign Object Debris)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Y Specifications from OMG (Object Management Group) for Business Modeling Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
R FOD (Foreign Object Damage/Debris) Control Procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
I How make the objective evidence for the control of Foreign object damage? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Stijloor eAPQP Technical Guideline and Business Object Document (BODs) Now Available APQP and PPAP 2
A Foreign Object Damage "FOD" Training presentation needed Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 19
W Looking for example of Foreign Object Damage procedure - Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO to develop a Guidance Document (ISO 26000) on Social Responsibility - some object Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 177
F Lockheed Martin FOD Foreign Object Debris Prevention - Awareness and Training Program Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
M CMQ/OE or SSGB? I'm Quality management rather than process improvement oriented Career and Occupation Discussions 1
A KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 8
F Quality Improvement - Quality Control Circles in a Service Oriented Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
T Good technical oriented Quality Engineering books - Recommendations wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
H Payment as Customer Oriented Process (COP)- Looking for audit checksheet. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Should Quality Policy be marketing oriented? Contracting firm for aerospace software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D ISO 14001 Process Oriented Audit Plan Sample Example General Auditing Discussions 4
D How to create an Process Oriented ISO 14001:2004 Audit Plan & Checklist General Auditing Discussions 21
S Acronym COP (Customer Oriented Process) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
H COP (Customer Oriented Process), MOP and SOP Examples and Explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
R QS-9000 / TE Supplement Audits changed to Process Oriented Approach QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
S TS 16949 Clause 4.1: COPs (Customer Oriented Processes) and Process Flow IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
G Post Sales Customer Feedback - A COP (Customer Oriented Process)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
M Customer Oriented Processes: Where are the COPS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Measureables: Efficiency - Effectiveness of COP (Customer Oriented Process) and KSP ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
O COP (Customer Oriented Process) for Market Analysis IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R COPs (Customer Oriented Processes), Turtle Diagrams and an Octopus or Two Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 24
N TS 16949 and Process oriented auditing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 4
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3
Q Example Process orientation to the process leadership, management, goals (tasks of the top management) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
S Process Inspection -Sub assembly process inspection sheet Lean in Manufacturing and Service Industries 3
T ISO 13485 8.3 - Non-Conforming Materials - on-line rework or part of process? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 11
T Outsourced process in ISO 45001 Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
L Manufacturing Process Audit Help IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
T Formal Q Self Assessment - Problem with assigning Product and Process Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
K Problems with process equipment ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
W Need for current design or process control FMEA and Control Plans 2
M Hiring Decisions - How much effort do you put into the hiring process these days? (7/2020) Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 10
A What is the difference between Design Process, Process Design and Design Control? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 2
V Process, component or full product re-qualification: leaded to unleaded solder Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 8
C Refreshing an old and boring topic - Job descriptions and Roles vs Process Documentation ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
R Where does IATF 16949 address Process mapping? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3