Object Oriented process description for ISO 9001:2000

J

Jean-Philippe

Good day,

I just ran across this forum today that I found very interesting. I hope I'll be able to keep up with the messages.

Now to the point. I'm a MBA student majoring in TQM. I'm thinking to write my thesis on a "universal" process model for use in ISO 9001 using object principles.
I hope that I'll be able to get some support from the "quality professional" to guide me through my work.

Best regards,
Jean-Philippe

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
A

Al Dyer

Jean,

I'm sure you can gain alot of knowledge from this forum. Maybe a few suggestions:

1: The FTP site is a good starting point with a gold mine full of information.

2: The search engine is top rate and will be helpful.

3: Be as detailed as possible when posting messages.

4: Have fun with the process!

ASD...

------------------
Al Dyer
Mngt. Rep.
[email protected]

Marc

Hunkered Down for the Duration
Staff member
Admin
Are you referring to the process model in the new ISO 9K standard?

J

Jean-Philippe

To be more precise I want to try and develop a process description system/method using the principles of Object Design(e.g. UML). This system/method should allow the "user" following it to create a process model that will satisfy the new ISO 9K:2001 requirements for processes.
For instance, in this method, there should be a "process map". Or each process should be linked to another one, a "link map". Or each process should have properties such as "Input", "Output", "Resources", etc. One could also imagine a sort of "use case" diagram for ISO, but also other, requirements.
Is it a bit clearer ? What do you think about it ?

JP
I will be using the existing - but static - models used in the ISO 9K:2001.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
E Would Corrosion on Aluminum be considered FOD (Foreign Object Debris)? Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
Y Specifications from OMG (Object Management Group) for Business Modeling Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 0
R FOD (Foreign Object Damage/Debris) Control Procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 9
I How make the objective evidence for the control of Foreign object damage? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Stijloor eAPQP Technical Guideline and Business Object Document (BODs) Now Available APQP and PPAP 2
A Foreign Object Damage "FOD" Training presentation needed Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 19
W Looking for example of Foreign Object Damage procedure - Aerospace industry AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 20
Sidney Vianna Interesting Discussion ISO to develop a Guidance Document (ISO 26000) on Social Responsibility - some object Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 177
F Lockheed Martin FOD Foreign Object Debris Prevention - Awareness and Training Program Customer and Company Specific Requirements 7
M CMQ/OE or SSGB? I'm Quality management rather than process improvement oriented Career and Occupation Discussions 1
A KPI for Quality Assurance Team in a Service Oriented Industry Service Industry Specific Topics 8
F Quality Improvement - Quality Control Circles in a Service Oriented Industry Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 8
T Good technical oriented Quality Engineering books - Recommendations wanted Book, Video, Blog and Web Site Reviews and Recommendations 7
H Payment as Customer Oriented Process (COP)- Looking for audit checksheet. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
S Should Quality Policy be marketing oriented? Contracting firm for aerospace software AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 4
D ISO 14001 Process Oriented Audit Plan Sample Example General Auditing Discussions 4
D How to create an Process Oriented ISO 14001:2004 Audit Plan & Checklist General Auditing Discussions 21
S Acronym COP (Customer Oriented Process) Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 0
H COP (Customer Oriented Process), MOP and SOP Examples and Explanation IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 21
R QS-9000 / TE Supplement Audits changed to Process Oriented Approach QS-9000 - American Automotive Manufacturers Standard 3
S TS 16949 Clause 4.1: COPs (Customer Oriented Processes) and Process Flow IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 14
G Post Sales Customer Feedback - A COP (Customer Oriented Process)? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 13
M Customer Oriented Processes: Where are the COPS IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 8
L Measureables: Efficiency - Effectiveness of COP (Customer Oriented Process) and KSP ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
O COP (Customer Oriented Process) for Market Analysis IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
R COPs (Customer Oriented Processes), Turtle Diagrams and an Octopus or Two Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 24
N TS 16949 and Process oriented auditing IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
John Predmore Configuration Management as a process instead of a procedure AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
R PCBA process validation Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 0
U Internal Auditor not trained but done Audit for some process Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
B Two excellent examples of process capability analysis from Quality Magazine Capability, Accuracy and Stability - Processes, Machines, etc. 5
D ECO (Engineering Change Order) process questions ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
S Sterilization validation after changing sterilization process provider Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
Pau Calvo Quality Management process is mandatory in ISO9001? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 10
Tagin Template or Checklist for Process Change Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 5
LostLouie Manufacturer divorced from Design process, is he justified in design process deficiencies? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
J 1.11 Preliminary Identification of Special Product and Process Characteristics APQP and PPAP 4
D Question regarding customer feedback process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
T What does AS9100 mean when it says you must establish a process to do X? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 24
J Process FMEA Template with examples - Cold and Hot Forged components FMEA and Control Plans 4
D Questions regarding process validation ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
D Question regarding ECO process, specifically for Life Science products and defining form fit and function ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1
P Managing How PPAP Requirements are Communicated in the Manufacturing Process and to Suppliers APQP and PPAP 5
I Control Plan (Product/Process specification/ Tolerance) acceptance FMEA and Control Plans 27
L Process changes and biocompatibility (ISO 10993-1) Other Medical Device Related Standards 1
A Validation of Forced Aeration Process ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
R Error Proofing Label process Manufacturing and Related Processes 4
B New Release of CQI-12 Coatings Process (Revision 3- Release date- 7/2020) Customer and Company Specific Requirements 2
D Layered Process Audits - FCA 9.2.2 - Exemption Clause? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 5
B ISO 11607-2 "Critical Parameter" vs. "Process Parameter" Other Medical Device Related Standards 3