Objective evidence for covering all shifts and locations

D

Douglas E. Purdy

Have gone through the first follow-up of a QS Audit, and one of the items addressed was how to prove that all shifts and locations are covered. We have two facilities and the number of shifts vary at one location, based on amount of business. I would like some ideas as to how others address this lack of evidence.

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
M

ml retcher

I simply have a sign off sheet for each person that was audited to sign off. We have a column to sign what shift this person was on when audited, area they were working in when audited, and date of the audit.

D

Douglas E. Purdy

The parts you are missing are:

1)I do not want to add another document to the System;
2)The QSA Checklist that we use would show what location was audited, but not the Shift. The QSA Checklist does not readily identify the shift information;
3)I do not intend making it a requirement to include this information for all observations made. I can audit a shift without having to document specific and/or detailed observations. (Yes, I am interested to know what may be done differently and if the issue is shift specific. But if not do I have to give detailed observations? My experience would say no.)

My current thought is to establish in the procedure flow that the assignments ensure that all shifts and locations are covered and when statusing the Annual Audit Schedule the Responsible Party shall check a field that all shifts and locations were audited.

Any feedback?

D

donnammurphy

I include the shift to be audited in the scope of the audit when it is orginally scheduled. I have auditors who only work 2nd and 3rd shifts, therefore I try and utilize them as much as possible. By including this in the scope of the audit, they are aware of the shift to be audited, plus I can pull the internal auditing records and show an auditor. I don't believe the standard states that you must "document" that you audit in all shifts, but that all shifts must be covered. Hope this helps...Donna

A

Alf Gulford

This was something I've never thought about but since my auditors fill out an audit report for every interview, I could just add a block for the time the interview was started. Seems simple and straightforward. Am I missing something?

Alf

D
Our Audit Report Cover Sheet has a field for information pertaining to the audit to include the Auditor, Audited Area, Auditee, Audit Date, and SHIFT. If the audit overlaps from one shift to another, we enter 1/2, 2/3, or 3/1. If that would not work for you, enter the "Start" time and the "Finish" time. Just my thoughts.

D

Douglas E. Purdy

Thanks for the examples, ideas, and recommendations. I'll see what the next follow-up brings.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Device functionality over service life - Objective evidence required? Design and Development of Products and Processes 10
N Best practices for capturing audit objective evidence in a practical manner? Internal Auditing 3
S Ways to demonstrate objective evidence that employee is trained and competent ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 28
G FAI Objective Evidence AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
R CAPA Verification - ISO 13485:2016 Requirements and Objective Evidence ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
R What kind of Objective Evidence - AS9100 Cl. 7.1.6 - Organizational Knowledge AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 5
R What objective evidence can/can't be supplied during a customer audit? General Auditing Discussions 3
Chennaiite Audit Objective Evidence - the holy **** Imported Legacy Blogs 1
Q Storage Temperature - Medical Device - Objective Evidence - MDD 93/42/EEC Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 1
B How is Objective Evidence Admitted in an Internal Audit? Internal Auditing 8
S Objective Evidence for 8.2.1 and 8.2.3 - Compliance with Management System Standard ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
Q OER - Objective Evidence Report in AS9101D AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
C Objective Evidence of Internal Auditors having Audit Clause 4.1. ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 20
N Minor for no objective evidence in regards to Calibration - Clause 7.6 ISO 9001:2008 Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
J Training Records - HR Functions at Corporate Office - Objective evidence of training ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
G Solderability - Objective Evidence of Conformity to Standards - J-STD-610 Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
K Definition Statement of Fact - Considered Objective Evidence? Definitions, Acronyms, Abbreviations and Interpretations Listed Alphabetically 12
I How make the objective evidence for the control of Foreign object damage? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
Coury Ferguson Customer Satisfaction - Objective Evidence AS9100, para. 5.2, 7.2.2, 7.2.3, 8.2.1 Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 3
A Timescales for Objective Evidence to be available for a Corrective Action Nonconformance and Corrective Action 5
Q Objective Evidence - Internal Audit Training in a Cargo Company Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
J Objective Evidence & Verbal Purchase Orders (PO's) ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
A How much objective evidence is required for ISO9000 certification? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 8
C Do you still collect hard copies of objective evidence when auditing? General Auditing Discussions 20
R What is Objective Evidence in an Audit? Written? Visual? Both? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 19
S Objective Evidence of Review Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
T Can we remove a quality objective if we decide it is not measurable? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
Ashok sunder What are the criteria for setting a target KPI value against a quality objective? Benchmarking 7
L Inspection Plan for Microscope Objective Lens Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 4
qualprod Is a Corrective Action Expected if a Quality Objective is not in compliance? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 38
R Difference Process Objective/Opportunity for improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
Q Department Expansion as a Quality Objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
O Is the Quality Objective for Company-wide Training as >90% too high? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 4
Q Objective and Goals - ISO 9001:2008 Frequency Revision Requirements ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
Jen Kirley Wells Fargo's fines came from Management By Objective Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 4
R Why customer satisfaction is not appropriate regulatory objective in medical device? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
F Quality Objective Reference Chart Customer Complaints 4
C Objective for Evaluation of Suppliers Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 4
Y Must every Process have a Quality Objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 21
W Quality Objective clarification - Requirements for "levels within the organization" Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 9
T Quality Objective related Surveillance Audit Finding IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
M Using Continued Environmental Compliance as an Objective Miscellaneous Environmental Standards and EMS Related Discussions 7
N How would you approach failing quality objective measurables? Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 12
J Definition of "objective" in 0.2 of ISO 9001 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
S Laboratory to Calibrate Objective Micrometer needed General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
K Does an Internal Audit provide Objective or Subjective Verification? Internal Auditing 14
P Quality Objectives - How can we make our quality objective? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 32
A Process Objectives and Metrics - Should every documented process have objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
R How to Achieve Multi Objective (Responses) Optimization in Minitab Using Minitab Software 17
R Can a Quality Policy include Health and Safety as an Objective? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 26