Obsolete or Delete - Accepted Components from Suppliers

J

J_MechEng

I have many datasheets submitted to us in the IMDS by suppliers that have various mistakes (semi-components that should be components, wrong part number in the recipient data field, inaccurate part weight, among others). They were accepted by our users in the past who did not have adequate training.

I have had suppliers re-submit the components, but I still have the wrong components in our database. I do not want my users to be able to access these components and accidentally use them.

I can obsolete components we have created ourselves, where we are the supplier, but I cannot obsolete components other suppliers have submitted and been accepted by us.

How do I stop our users from using these wrong components accidentally? There are over a hundred components that were wrongly accepted so training or having users reference a list of what not to use is not an option. I need a way to make them never show up in a search.

I have attached a few screen shots to try to explain what my issue is (removed part of suppliers names, part numbers, and IMDS ID numbers to protect confidential information).

Has anybody ran into this issue before? What did you do to resolve the issue?

Attachments

Elsmar Forum Sponsor
J

J_MechEng

Another issue I have is that I have changed suppliers on components and have three different datasheets for the same internal part number. I want to obsolete the two that are no longer current so that my users cannot accidentally pick the wrong one. I have attached another screenshot.

I can obsolete components we have created internally, but not submissions from our supplier.

What can I do to stop our users from seeing these part numbers from suppliers that are no longer current?

Attachments

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Hi J_MechEng,
I have now the same issues as what you've mentioned above. Any solution that you have found ?
Please note that you are responding to posts from 2.5 years ago. It seems that J_MechEng is no longer an active member in the system.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Is it compulsory to update the obsolete GMDN codes in ARTG? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 4
R FDA - How to discontinue/obsolete medical devices that share sub-components with others that will still be distributed Other US Medical Device Regulations 5
W Is it required to stamp obsolete hard copy DHR's "obsolete"? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
L Do you need to save hard copies of obsolete documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
A UDI on medical device: Does it make other markings obsolete? EU Medical Device Regulations 2
xcanals_tecno-med.es ISO 14969 (Now Obsolete) --> ISO 13485 handbook ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 16
T Master Document List - Obsolete Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 23
T Handling of Obsolete Material Work Instruction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
S Difference between Obsolete, Void and Inactive Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
D AS9100C 4.2.3 - Obsolete Electronic ERP Documents AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
W Control of Obsolete Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 21
T Document Control Master List for Obsolete Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 6
D Do we need to take a SA for a standard that is going to be obsolete? Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 2
B Reusing paper of Obsolete Documents to Control Waste Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 12
S Can you "Obsolete" a record (inspection reports)? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 13
I How to Reuse an Obsolete Document? Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 7
A How to Reuse Obsolete Documents - Guidance needed Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
L Easy Access of Obsolete Documents - Corrective Action help needed ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
I When was IEC 60601-1-4 made obsolete? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 2
apestate How do you sell a DCMA Inspector on replacements for obsolete items? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 9
T Obsolete Document References in other Documents AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 6
R Save Obsolete Documents in Plant Closing? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 15
T Obsolete Uncontrolled Electronic Documents ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
A How do you retain Obsolete Documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 18
E Particular standard IEC 60601-2-40 references obsolete EMC standard IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 4
Marc 12 Things That Became Obsolete This Decade - 2000 - 2010 Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 13
Jerry Eldred Guildline 9975 DC Comparator Resistance Bridge Manual Needed (Obsolete) General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
P Obsolete Quality Records - Approval Prior to Disposal Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 15
P AS9100 4.2.3 Control Of Documents - Requirement to retain Obsolete Documents? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Component supplier electrical test requirement - Obsolete Components Other Medical Device and Orthopedic Related Topics 2
T Reasons for retaining Obsolete Documents and Retention Time Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 13
R Obsolete a DoC if NB (Notifying Body) changed EU Medical Device Regulations 3
P Removal of Obsolete copies of Controlled Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
K 93/42/EEC Obsolete Document Retention requirements - New timeframe? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
Jerry Eldred Document Retention of Obsolete Calibration Procedures General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 4
Q Obsolete Documents vs. Inactive Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 22
kmyers How long do you keep copies of your obsolete documents, not records just documents? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
J Control of Obsolete Documents - Changing document control software ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 4
chris1price Support for Obsolete Medical Devices ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 3
H What do you do when a part goes Obsolete and How do you Initiate such a Process? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 7
A Obsolete Document Retention Requirements ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Document Control Terms: Obsolete, Master Copy, Controlled and Uncontrolled Copy Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 2
Marc B-school Confidential - MBAs May Be Obsolete Professional Certifications and Degrees 19
Marc Is the quality profession about to become obsolete? Paradigm Shift Philosophy, Gurus, Innovation and Evolution 19
R Obsolete Standards - Need J 377:1987 SAE standard, where can i get this old one? Various Other Specifications, Standards, and related Requirements 3
Douglas E. Purdy Non-Conformance due to obsolete ISO/TS 16949 audit checklist General Auditing Discussions 36
L Is AS9100 Technically Obsolete? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 22
T AS9003 becoming obsolete as early as 2008??? AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 1
M Record Retention - Obsolete revisions shall be maintained until the next revision Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 24
V Records of Obsolete Medical Device(s) for Contract Manufacturers Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 6