Obtaining copies of FDA Establishment Inspection Report

F

FongPi

Hello,
Can anyone offer some advice on the best way to obtain Establishment Inspection Reports, and how soon they become available?

Thanks in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
F

FongPi

Hmm nothing comes up, what a good estimation on how long it takes for the reports to become available?

F

FongPi

Oh WOW! That's perfect. Thank you!!!

So, I also looked at the FOIA request section on the FDA webiste. I'd post a link but the forum is not allowing me (I need more posts).

Is getting the EIR through FOIA basically the same thing?

Thanks again! I learned something awesome today!

F

FongPi

Sorry for the ambiguous response. I was curious, if I get the EIR from the link you gave me, or if I get the EIR from FOIA, would it be the same report?

I learned that FOIA is actually the wrong place to get EIRs, the right place is the district office. But from my rummagings, can be hard to find.

Ronen E

Problem Solver
Staff member
Sorry for the ambiguous response. I was curious, if I get the EIR from the link you gave me, or if I get the EIR from FOIA, would it be the same report?

I learned that FOIA is actually the wrong place to get EIRs, the right place is the district office. But from my rummagings, can be hard to find.
Still :confused:

In my understanding, there's only one EIR per event, so no matter where you get it from -- it would look the same.

FOIA is not a place or a body. It's an act -- Freedom Of Information Act. You apply under FOIA only when you can't get something in a more straightforward (legal) way, and the act states that you should be able to see it.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Q Guidance on obtaining NOC from CDSCO India Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
M Recommendations for joining a professional association and obtaining quality certific Professional Certifications and Degrees 2
J ISO 9001:2015 Cl. 8.7.1 d) Obtaining Authorization for Acceptance under Concession ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 1
P Obtaining the Italian MoH database and Smartcard for Medical Devices EU Medical Device Regulations 3
A Is it required to have first AS9100 before obtaining Nadcap? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 7
A Obtaining Data for a Current Project Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 2
M ISO 9001 Registration Process - Timeline for obtaining ISO 9001 certification Registrars and Notified Bodies 3
D Incentive Package for obtaining ISO 14001 Certification ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 6
I Service Manual Revisions - How do you go about obtaining it? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 3
B Advice needed on obtaining ISO 9001:2008 for small structure ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 9
B Obtaining a Certification for Internal Auditing ASQ, ANAB, UKAS, IAF, IRCA, Exemplar Global and Related Organizations 16
Le Chiffre Obtaining a "Small Business Waiver" for FDA from Canada Revenue Agency US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
D Obtaining Customer Perception Information - Customer Satisfaction - Clause 8.2.1 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
J Healthcare Canada vs. FDA - Differences in obtaining approval to sell product Canada Medical Device Regulations 2
T Obtaining Documents from the FDA in Frame of FOIA US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 10
J Obtaining / Generating a Global Medical Device Nomenclature Classification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
P Obtaining information from Customers for Monitoring Customer Satisfaction ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 15
C Obtaining the CE Mark from TUV CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 1
R Document Retention - Discard hard-copies after scanning? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
T Control of downloaded document copies by employees Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
L Getting Notice of Revision and Accessing Public Draft Copies of ISO Standards Service Industry Specific Topics 2
A ISO 9001:2015 registrar Auditor requesting copies of procedure prior to audit ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 24
L Do you need to save hard copies of obsolete documents? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
Q Do hard copies of quality records have to be retained? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
S Are 2 Hard Copies of Procedures and Instructions Required? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
P Document Control - Do hard copies of documents need to be signed? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
E Do all Controlled Document copies require a Stamp? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
C Hiac Royco 256 Particle Counter Calibrator Manual - Any Copies for Sale? Calibration and Metrology Software and Hardware 1
G Document Control - Are hard copies required in addition to soft copies maintained? AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 4
D Registrar Requesting Copies of Old Documents AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
L Does ISO 9001 require that hard copies of documents be archived? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 13
V Option for adding date-time to the copies printed from Adobe Acrobat (pdf) Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 1
K Seeking copies of CBOK and PMBOK Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 4
H Distribution of Controlled Copies - Document Control Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
V Can we show Photocopied Uncontrolled Copies of Documents to an FDA Auditor? US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 15
L Copies of ISO 9000:2005 and ISO 9004:2009 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 7
S Quality Manual - Possibility of maintaining only SOFT COPIES Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 17
D Changes in Master Data affecting Controlled Copies of Specifications Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 4
kedarg6500 Protection of Records in soft copies - Password needed? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 4
S DMS (Document Management Software) vs. Paper Copies - Cataloging all of our docs. Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 8
B Electronic Copies of previous versions of Controlled Documents in editable format Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
B Printed Copies of Controlled Documents Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 9
CalRich I was given two copies of the CQE exam! Professional Certifications and Degrees 7
M Original written signatures vs. Copies/scans/faxes/electronic documents US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 24
P Removal of Obsolete copies of Controlled Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 8
kmyers How long do you keep copies of your obsolete documents, not records just documents? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 11
B Controlled Copies of a Quality Manual in an electronic media (file/server) Quality Management System (QMS) Manuals 9
V Hard copies from 10-20 years ago - Document Control and Retention Times question Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 19
Q AIAG Manuals - Where to purchase electronic copies of AIAG Manuals APQP and PPAP 3
T 21 CFR Part 11 Compliance - Generation of Complete Copies of Records Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3