OEE (Overall Equipment Efficiency) help

Y

yesmamm

Hi, Im doing an oee spread sheet and having difficulty populating the quality section. I work at a coal loading terminal where quality is not a relevent measure, I can leave at 100% but any other ideas appreciated.

Jen Kirley

Quality and Auditing Expert
Leader
Admin
Re: oee help

Welcome to the Cove! :bigwave:

Not being sure what you meant by oee, :eek: I did a search in the Post Attachments List - see the green button in the header - using the key word "oee". I was returned with this list, which looks like it has some spreadsheet examples for you to review.

I hope this helps!

M

mooreke3

If you never reject or rework anything, then yes, quality is a constant at 100%. So are you are interested in improving is availability and velocity (cycle time)?

Y

yesmamm

Yes that is correct, the OEE sheets I've been looking at I just leave the Quality at 100%..thanks.

Do you know of any other spread sheets available?

Last edited by a moderator:
N

ngkjrs

If you are not rejecting any of the produced part or no rework is being undertaken in the production process, you can consider caluclating 100% of quality rate. However, i am sure this may not be the case. Let us not reinvent the wheel. OEE is the compounding effect of Availability Rate, Performance rate and Quality Rate. A simple Excel sheet also would do although you have got software for this. OEE is a monitoring tool that also reflects the areas that you can focus to improve it. you can derive your own Excel sheet on this.

Q

quick_silver

Hi yesmamm,

i also did a worksheet on OEE of a coal plant.In our discussions we decided to calculate quality by the total dissolved solids (TDS), we have a standard we then rate it in relation to compliance on the standard value.
Performance as the ratio of actual steam generated over the ideal lbs of steam based on the fuel usage.

Top Bottom