OEM asking for NC report after certification audit.

m125qv36

Registered
Hello! As a company Tier 1 we were asked from the OEM to provide the information how we closed the big number of major NC after Stage 2 audit.
Does any one has experience with such cases or a similar situation?

Johnny Quality

Quite Involved in Discussions
If your OEM is a member of IATF they can simply ask your CB for your audit reports but I'm unsure if they can ask for your corrective action.

Mind you, if I was an OEM and I found out you had majors I'd be very interested in them and your corrective action.

I'm only in a Tier 2 organisation and whilst I've had customers ask how many NCR's and if they are major or minor they've never asked which clauses or corrective action.

Sidney Vianna

Post Responsibly
Leader
Admin
Hello! As a company Tier 1 we were asked from the OEM to provide the information how we closed the big number of major NC after Stage 2 audit.
Does any one has experience with such cases or a similar situation?
If I want to know how good someone is, as a driver, his/her driver and insurance records are a much better indicator than the driver's license.

Not all is well in the IATF world, in terms of certificates delivering confidence to customers, as abundantly clear in the IATF 16949 News - Presentations from the latest IATF Stakeholder Event - Expectation that IATF 16949 certification should equate with product quality. Misguided? thread.

The customer can ask and you can either comply or not. There will be consequences, either way.

Good luck.

Golfman25

Trusted Information Resource
If you took care of the NCs appropriately, then what's the harm sending them the CA reports? Sounds like somebody may be papering the file to CYA.

Top Bottom