OEM Customer Specific Requirements - Spreadsheet wanted

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
Are you looking for specific companies (customers) or just a formatted spreadsheet?

LUV-d-4UM

Quite Involved in Discussions
Marc,
Thank you for responding. I am looking for a spreadsheet with tabs of different OEM customers and their specific requirements. I would like to share this to the Sales and Marketing for reference when they go for bidding.

Marc

Fully vaccinated are you?
Staff member
Admin
I'm not sure what you will find or what people here have to track customer specific requirements, but I know there are some threads here where it has been discussed. The problem is each company has different customers.

This is a long time problem, and this could be a good thread to gather some feedback on how folks here track customer specific requirements. I did take a minute and looked at threads here where tracking customer specific requirements is discussed: Tracking Customer Specific Requirements

This is an old thread but it does give some thoughts: How to deal with and track Customer Specific Requirements. In Post 4 Wes mentions using a database. My opinion is whether a database vs. an Excel spreadsheet is a matter of your intentions for use. Unless you are planning to do some sort of analysis involving all or part of your suppliers, a database won't be of much value. If all you are planning to use it for is as a reference an Excel spreadsheet with a tab for each supplier should work fine. You would just have to remember that if you are distributing it you will have to lock out the cells so no one can change anything except the person who is controlling the document (it will be, of course, a *controlled document*).

This is not to say Wes' post is in any way not correct. A database is (my opinion) always superior to spreadsheets. Going back to around 1992 or so I used to write databases for companies, so I like them and appreciate their value. The biggest problem that arises is that many, many people have Excel (or a program that will open Excel spreadsheets. The same in not true of databases. For example, if someone wanted to send me a database file from (for example) Microsoft Access it wouldn't help me because I do not have a program which will open an Access database. That said, someone here may know of a free program that will will open Access databases, but I am not aware of one personally.
NOTE: Microsoft's Access is one of the few databases I have had very little experience in. Back in the bad old days writing an Access database was serious programming (aka a pain in the :ca: ). My understanding is they made a lot of improvements and these days it's probably not significantly harder than most databases (with the exception of some "simple" ones like Filemaker which has *always* been easy to program and use {both back ends and front ends}).

Back to your post - I have not seen a spreadsheet for tracking customer specific requirements here. If anyone has one, I know we would all appreciate it is you would share it. A "blank" first sheet would do as copying that sheet for each customer requirement is easy.

But - Bear in mind the problems cited in the thread linked to above:

From post 6: "The major Problem is how to identify the important things in CSRs or Contracts and make cross-references to other customers". This is true whether a database or an Excel spreadsheet. I will venture to say that's part of why (as far as I have seen, but I could be wrong) no one has yet posted a spreadsheet for tracking customer specific requirements.

So folks - Any input will be appreciated with respect to tracking customer specific requirements including how to share them with other departments.

Manix

Get Involved!!!
Trusted Information Resource
I have the very same issue in the form of a TS16949 audit minor NC:

Process for identifying customer specific requirements is not fully effective.
I think that yes it is very good if you can go to customers armed with their customer specific requirements but many are not readily available without prior contact with the customer. Yes most OEM and Tier 1's will publish this informaiton but obtaining that information is often not as easy as googling it especially for some of the Tier 1's.

IMO - my task is to ensure there is a mechnism in place to check whether we are aware of the latest CSR's and if we are not that part of our contact with the customer identifies these reqruirements. The customer will be just as happy that you've asked the quesiton as they would be if you already had the answer!

My advice if no one has this spreadsheet is, ensure your sales and marketing team know that they must investigate prior and during customer visits and simply ask what are their CSRs are. Then build a log of this information as you collect it but be aware that these change and so your database/spreadsheet needs to be regularily maintained.

M

mioara fekete

Hi all,
We have more customers(FORD,JLR,ASTON MARTIN,TATA,JAGUAR,CUMMINS,PERKINS,GM,VW,DAF,VOLVO,MAN,BMW,AUDI,CLASS,FENDT,DAIMLER,MAN and for CSR we have a front sheet with the available standards and our response was that we are reading them and we just confirm if we are applying them:
So the result was in the form of a TS16949 audit report = minor NC.
-the analyze of CSR is not fully effective.(7.2.1 & 8.2.1)
Evidence:
-process analysis of CSR not understandable
-status of assessment of CSR Formel Q Fahigkeit not clear
-GM CSR ISO 19011 guidline not clear
-FMEA JLR not done according CSR FORD(definition of SC).
What i need to know is how you are you doing this analysis and and how to combine the FMEA in order to cover all customer specific requirements.I need to mention that our FMEA's are general and are split by each process.How to add all signs for CC, SC for all customers.
Can we compare each FMEA from each customer and use the most sever one?

thanks

Mioara

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
L Mercedes-Benz and VW OEM Customer Specific Requirements Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 1
Howard Atkins OEM Customer-Specific Requirements - IATF - Web Site Links Customer and Company Specific Requirements 3
D Training for OEM Customer Specific Requirements Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 5
M OEM Agreements - Customer insisting on Non-Compliance with MDD EU Medical Device Regulations 2
G How do OEM's manage Special Customer Requirements from its End Customers? Customer and Company Specific Requirements 1
R Who is the "customer" in TS 16949? Are we are tier 2 or 3 of an OEM? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
U Clause 8.2.1.1 Nonconformance - "Yellow" scorecard from one OEM customer IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 6
U Is Initial Importer Status Required if a Medical Device is Manufactured and Sterilized by an OEM in the US Other US Medical Device Regulations 1
A Selling products with OEM certification expired EU Medical Device Regulations 0
N OBL under the MDR. Which are the obligations of the OEM? EU Medical Device Regulations 0
S OEM full range calibrations vs Validation special test points Medical Device and FDA Regulations and Standards News 1
S CE marking for OEM Brand CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 11
A OEM On-Site Calibration issues during Covid19 ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 12
K New supplier audit as per V3.1 by French Automotive OEM General Auditing Discussions 2
V UDI - OEM or OBL / Legal Manufacturer Responsibility CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 0
J Possible to get ISO 13485 certified with only OEM Product? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K Joint approval between OEM and Manufacturer on Design Documents ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
K OEM specific requirements - PPAP was rejected by STA Customer and Company Specific Requirements 5
M OEM asking for NC report after certification audit. IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 3
V Informational SMMT IATF Oversight - OEM KPI Process IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 4
J Which OEM or customers are now requiring the new AIAG/VDA FMEA format? FMEA and Control Plans 6
V OEM / PLM Japan Japan Medical Device Regulations 1
A Calibration required by OEM General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
C External Laboratories and OEM Calibration IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 0
B Need For BIS Standard Mark? Imported OEM's Power supply,Li-Ion Battery Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
A OEM branding - My interpretation of the LVD Directive makes us a manufacturer CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 3
DuncanGibbons OEM specifications such as AIPS spec from Airbus AS9100, IAQG, NADCAP and Aerospace related Standards and Requirements 3
A Certification procedure for OEM/PLM collaboration in the medical device industry in the US - Who bears the regulatory responsability? Other US Medical Device Regulations 10
P Sterilization Subcontractor of OEM ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
C Updates on Documentation for outsourced OEM from ISO 13485:2003 to ISO 13485:2016 ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
R Contract Manufacturer/OEM Supplier - We are a specification developer for a kitted product 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
B MDSAP for OEM products in Canada for in vitro diagnostic test kit to include lancing device Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
S Beginner trying to OEM a medical device - Branded Electric Acupuncture Pen EU Medical Device Regulations 3
H Can an OEM use an CM ISO 13485 certification in helping to get out CE Mark? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
supadrai Just found out the hard way that only one registration per manufacturer is allowed in Yemen, regardless of OEM or private label arrangement. Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S Is Certificate of Conformance required for an OEM released product? 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 0
N Regulatory Responsibilities of an OEM and Private Label manufacturer Canada Medical Device Regulations 3
supadrai OEM Changing the name of the manufacturer - length of process? Is 1-3 months correct? Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 0
S OEM and PLM under MDR EU Medical Device Regulations 2
P Responsibility for Design Transfer - OEM vs. CM ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
supadrai Indonesian MOH Regulation Restricting OEM/Private Label Medical Devices Other Medical Device Regulations World-Wide 2
C How long is an OEM obligated to provide spare parts and repair EU Medical Device Regulations 2
S Virtual manufacturers/OEM - CE/ISO requirements EU Medical Device Regulations 7
C Relabeling Product Manufactured by the OEM 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 5
S IMDS helper app or program or paid service at OEM? RoHS, REACH, ELV, IMDS and Restricted Substances 0
M Piggy Backing on OEM's CE certificate EU Medical Device Regulations 1
J CQI-9 - Can OEM do Oven Studies? Reliability Analysis - Predictions, Testing and Standards 1
M OEM-OBL ISO 13485 Certification - Devices mentioned in the product scope ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
M OEM vs OBL Classification in the CE Certification EU Medical Device Regulations 5
K Does OEM/OBL-Relationship need to involve an EU Authorized Representative? EU Medical Device Regulations 11