Offered Management Position - Limited Experience - Any Concerns?

John Broomfield

Staff member
Super Moderator
Re: Offered Management Position; Limited Experience; Any Concerns?

John,

My apologies, got confused with the nest as presented on my phone. Thank you for the comment of seeking professional associations. I am an active member of AAMI. Can you recommend any other associations to join or conference to look for?
MDD,

As a Biochemist you may also know about the AACB and their Scientific Regulatory Affairs Committee:

http://www.aacb.asn.au/professionaldevelopment/scientific-and-regulatory-affairs-committee-srac

Or perhaps the AAMI has a similar committee.

John

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Sarah Stec

Involved In Discussions

There's also RAPS. Both RAPS and FDLI have good programs and seminars.

And if I may plug RAPS' annual conferences, many find them to be very good in terms of knowledge-building and networking. :)

normzone

Trusted Information Resource

Often it is good to accept such responsibilities in order to increase one's capabilities.

However, at this stage in the game, based on previous experiences, I would ask them to show me the money.

:2cents:

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M CQE Preparation - Classes offered by ASQ or QC Group Professional Certifications and Degrees 9
Hami812 Gage R&R Process Method - Pass/Fail Criteria Offered to Operators vs. Parametric Data Gage R&R (GR&R) and MSA (Measurement Systems Analysis) 5
kmyers CE Training that is offered about Self Certification CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 2
J Auditee offered help with anything in nonconformities Internal Auditing 16
Anerol C Should I apply for a job if I'm not available to take the job immediately if offered? Career and Occupation Discussions 8
Steve Prevette Statistical Training Offered - Richland, Washington Statistical Analysis Tools, Techniques and SPC 6
L Classes offered for training on composite quality assurance and inspection? Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 2
R Change Management vs Opportunity for Improvement ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 0
L SAE AS9145 vs. SAE AS6500 (Manufacturing Management Program) AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 2
John Broomfield Informational Terms used in quality management [Deleted] Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 6
O ISO 13485 - Is management review required before stage 1? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
G ISO 17025-2017 Management Review reporting items - Inputs ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
I Management review in conformity assessment standards - Certification Bodies Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
Q User Requirement Specification for HR (Human Resource Management System) Manufacturing and Related Processes 1
N Device Labeling - Medtronic Ventilator Files (Risk Management documents) Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
S Has anybody done IMS - Management Review Meeting ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 8
T Management review meeting workflow ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
J Management Representative and PRRC (Person Responsible for Regulatory Compliance) ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 4
T How do you define your Hazards? <a Risk Management discussion> ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 16
T Ideas for developing a Supplier Quality Management System, non automotive ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
S Starting an ISO 41001:2018 Facility management system Other ISO and International Standards and European Regulations 3
adir88 MDR requirement: Risk Management Plan for "each device" ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
Pmarszal External Standards and Regulations Management Process Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 10
V Gage Management and Gage R&R Software General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
Q Asset / Tooling Management - Two Questions Manufacturing and Related Processes 3
M What are the standards for malls management? ISO 14001:2015 Specific Discussions 1
C Experience with Agile PLM (Product Lifecycle Management Software) software from Oracle? Document Control Systems, Procedures, Forms and Templates 3
K A proposal for the model Quality Management - I need help for the project ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 2
M MDR requires the NB to perform "tests in order to check that the quality management system" EU Medical Device Regulations 3
B Record Management - Does the QMS need to control templates of records? Records and Data - Quality, Legal and Other Evidence 17
Casana ISO 9001 - 9.3.1 Management Review - Attendees in a flat organization Management Review Meetings and related Processes 6
C Management Review Agenda Management Review Meetings and related Processes 20
Gamula Product-Lifecycle-Management Experience Medical Information Technology, Medical Software and Health Informatics 9
F Management of Software version while NB reviews Technical file CE Marking (Conformité Européene) / CB Scheme 7
D Risk Analysis & Technical File - What detail goes in the Risk Management Report ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 5
C QMS Document Management Software Recommendations Quality Assurance and Compliance Software Tools and Solutions 15
6 Management of SDS and Hazardous Material Occupational Health & Safety Management Standards 2
Q Do Management Review records have to be on a controlled form? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 30
C AS9100 Rev D 8.1.1 & APQP - Operational risk management process AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 0
Y Commanded life cycle management tool IEC 62304 - Medical Device Software Life Cycle Processes 1
V IS/ISO/IEC 17025:2017 Clause 7, sub clause 7.11 Control of data and information management ISO 17025 related Discussions 1
B Corrective and Preventive Action (CAPA) A Key Process of the Quality Management System Dec 17... Training - Internal, External, Online and Distance Learning 0
B ATP 5-19 "Risk Management" Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 2
A Supplier Quality Standard vs Senior Management Direction Supplier Quality Assurance and other Supplier Issues 2
G AS9100-8.1.2 Configuration Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 6
N Risk Management besides mandated FDA requirements 21 CFR Part 820 - US FDA Quality System Regulations (QSR) 1
U Change Management vs Change Control? Design and Development of Products and Processes 4
J ISO 9001:2015 Small Operation Management Review General Auditing Discussions 6
M Identifying Hazards - Risk management process ISO 14971 - Medical Device Risk Management 6
J Quality Assurance in China - Developing a quality management system for a California company Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 7