Office Dress Code

M

mguilbert

From John: Consider; however, that the unicorn tattoo one received at 30 looks like a Rhino at 60. Sorry still figuring the Cove out.
I told a friend how I like ladybugs and butterflies she said she did too and showed me her tats and that was sad, saggy tats are gross, will not get any.
My kids think its just great and cant wait to get one. Told them when you leave its on you forever.

My oldest daughter talked about one at one time also. Two questions to ask them "Do you think those who care for you in the nursing home will think its cool as they dress you?". The other is sound advice ask them "Pick out a design they want today and wait five years before actually getting. If they still want it they will get it."

K

KarenKH

Thank you for that advice mguibert, will try that out. :) :thanx:
And everyone have a good day or night.

Wes Bucey

Prophet of Profit
From John: Consider; however, that the unicorn tattoo one received at 30 looks like a Rhino at 60. Sorry still figuring the Cove out.
I told a friend how I like ladybugs and butterflies she said she did too and showed me her tats and that was sad, saggy tats are gross, will not get any.
My kids think its just great and cant wait to get one. Told them when you leave its on you forever.
I guess the "sag issue" is why we see so many on ankles and fingers (last skin to sag as we age.)

J

jdtrixler

For a 28 year old, I must be really old fashioned!!!! I still believe that you should dress your role... If you are in management, or are seen as managment, you should dress that way. Engineers should not (in my opinion) dress like they just rolled out of bed threw on the first things that they saw clean.
Now with that said, I do wear jeans to work, but they are clean, and not covered in holes. I also wear a button up shirt everyday. The rest of the last company I worked with all seem to wear beatup jeans, and T-Shirts daily (even the president of the company!):mg:
Tattoos do not really bug me when not at work, but at work I still think it needs to stay professional. I do have one, but you would never know it, it is hidden at work, and I plan to get another soon (I am doing the long wait before I get it, as suggested by mguilbert:agree:).
When I am doing an interview (interviewer, not interviewee), the dress code for the interviewee has changed greatly in my few years. I have a hard time invisioning hiring anyone who comes to an interview that does not care how they look!!! If they do not care about their appearance, how are they going to care about my products?!?!?!
That is just my :2cents:

P

palmer

I must be really liberal, tattoos don't botyher me in the least.

My dad was in the navy and got tats on each forearm and bicep. They are all black ink.

He always preached to us kids to NEVER get tats because they are forever.

I listened. My brother did not.

The body art tats bother me. Those are the ones that look like a mural on your body.....

And the ones where they tat their face....

B

Bunny

When the temptation to dress casually encroaches upon me, I recall this statement
“Dress for the position you want, not the position you hold”.
I work in the medical device industry and hold a middle management position.

There is absolutely no excuse for coming to work dressed like a street corner floozy or a bum. I wish some folks could figure out how to dress attractively AND professionally.

K

KarenKH

I dont mind tats, dont get me wrong. To each their own but when you have tatoos like my nephew that states " I am who I am F### the world" thats just tooo much and they dont think of it in the long run, its just the here and now. He wears the uniform proud and hides it well, but i think, those should not be done on the young and unknowning.
Dress codes should be boys pull the pants up and girls wear longer shorts, shirts. I dont like seeing someones back side.

Cari Spears

Super Moderator
Leader
Super Moderator
Dress codes should be boys pull the pants up ...
Funny story: My best friend's son is 15 and doing the whole pants slung below his butt thing and it's driving her and her husband crazy. Well, one of his teachers was so tired of looking at his boxers that he made him write out a bunch of times "I will be a big boy and pull up my pants." We like this teacher!:lol:

M

mguilbert

Funny story: My best friend's son is 15 and doing the whole pants slung below his butt thing and it's driving her and her husband crazy. Well, one of his teachers was so tired of looking at his boxers that he made him write out a bunch of times "I will be a big boy and pull up my pants." We like this teacher!:lol:

Just tell them where and why the fad started. I was so inmates could let other inmates know visually, that they were available. And remember no belts in prison.

Top Bottom