OGP Smart Scope for Gage R & R

Hello, new to the group. I am using an older Smart Scope for gage r & r. I wrote a program that takes an hour and a half to finish. when the table moves rapidly it vibrates and moves the parts on the inspection fixture. Is anyone familiar with the older scopes? Can I slow the rapid moves down or fix the vibration somehow? Thanks in advance!

Elsmar Forum Sponsor

Ninja

Looking for Reality
Trusted Information Resource
re: OGP Smart Scope for Gage R & R

Howdy,

Modeling clay, double stick tape.

I used a MicroVu Vertex ...different from the Smartscope, but shares the stage movement issue.

Short of a part specific clamping fixture, we would simply use modeling clay to affix the part to the stage so it didn't slide or wobble on faster moves.
Double stick tape can do the same.

Modeling clay can be found in most art supply stores or craft stores. It is oil based, so it won't dry out as quickly as something like putty or Play-Doh.
Residue can be cleaned with soapy water or Windex.
Just two small dabs was enough for us to affix even the largest parts.

Double stick tape is at most office supply stores, but can leave a residue that is harder to remove (use acetone)

HTH

Howdy,

Modeling clay, double stick tape.

I used a MicroVu Vertex ...different from the Smartscope, but shares the stage movement issue.

Short of a part specific clamping fixture, we would simply use modeling clay to affix the part to the stage so it didn't slide or wobble on faster moves.
Double stick tape can do the same.

Modeling clay can be found in most art supply stores or craft stores. It is oil based, so it won't dry out as quickly as something like putty or Play-Doh.
Residue can be cleaned with soapy water or Windex.
Just two small dabs was enough for us to affix even the largest parts.

Double stick tape is at most office supply stores, but can leave a residue that is harder to remove (use acetone)

HTH
Clay is a great idea, thanks. I didn't wanna use tape. I wish I could fix the problem with the table but clay will definitely get us through. Thanks again!

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
F Instructions for using an OGP Alignment Reticle Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 6
ScottK Video Measurement System - i.e. OGP Smartscope Quality Tools, Improvement and Analysis 13
J Microsoft Smart Art Turtle Diagram Process Maps, Process Mapping and Turtle Diagrams 9
C Is IEC 60601 applicable to our smart bed? IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 5
F Organising IQ, OQ and PQ content in a "smart" way Qualification and Validation (including 21 CFR Part 11) 3
BradM Stay Logged In does not work on smart phones - Sept 2018 Elsmar Cove Forum Suggestions, Complaints, Problems and Bug Reports 14
Marc FYI - A way to liberate ransomware'd Google Smart TVs Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 2
Marc Hackers unleash smart Twitter phishing tool that snags two in three users IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 7
Ajit Basrur Google?s smart contact lens: What it does and how it works Coffee Break and Water Cooler Discussions 9
V Best value for choice/money - Smart phone vs tablet After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 7
Wes Bucey Touch Pad on Laptop - Make Me Smart After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 6
P Smart or Sexy (CAR) - Poor Root Cause Analysis and Poor Effectiveness Check Nonconformance and Corrective Action 8
S Which smart phone do you use? After Work and Weekend Discussion Topics 26
L Product Quality Management Framework Policy and SMART Objectives Quality Manager and Management Related Issues 17
K Is Bill Gates So Smart ? Funny Stuff - Jokes and Humour 0
eternal_atlas Quality Objectives - Convert these objectives into "SMART" format ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 6
Marc Want to Buy a Smart ForTwo? Too Bad, They're Sold Out World News 13
S Smart-labels that automatically monitor lapsed time - Sample and Testing Plans, Help! Inspection, Prints (Drawings), Testing, Sampling and Related Topics 8
Marc Don Adams of 'Get Smart' dies at 82 World News 4
Marc Predictive Maintenance? GM pitches "smart" cars to cut back on discounts World News 2
J Silly it may sound, but how to set smart goals? Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 8
R Comparing MicroVu?s Vertex machine to OPG?s Smart Scope Flash General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 2
Marc Fraud at Eagle-Picher? Cover-Up May Have Caused Smart Bombs To Go Astray World News 16
V Does preventive maintenance have any positive effect on smart transmitters? General Measurement Device and Calibration Topics 1
V Most Cost Effective Frequency Of Calibration For Smart Electronic Transmitters Calibration Frequency (Interval) 1
hockeyhead Existing process never included in AS9100 scope of certification AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 9
G APQP Scope and scale tool APQP and PPAP 2
R NRTL - Scope Question - Off-the-Shelf Plug In IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 0
D ISO 9001:2015 4.3 Determining the Scope of the QMS ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
M Scope of Combined ISO 9001 and IATF 16949 QMS - Non-automotive customers ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 5
O MDSAP Reduction in Scope Other Medical Device Related Standards 0
D Do non-IATF customers need to be included in audit scope? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 23
K Restricted Scope of ISO 13485 Certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 7
C IATF 16949 - Scope or not? IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 2
S Similar scope medical products connected by WIFI US Food and Drug Administration (FDA) 2
N IATF 16949:2016 7.1.5.3.2 External Laboratory - How to approve the Testing Laboratory without accreditation scope IATF 16949 - Automotive Quality Systems Standard 1
Q To raise a NC beyond the audit scope? Two signatures were missing ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 8
D CE Marking Requirements MDD & MDR - new product development covered under same scope EU Medical Device Regulations 1
P Scope of application for IEC 60601-1-11 Medical electrical equipment — Part 1-11 IEC 60601 - Medical Electrical Equipment Safety Standards Series 3
M ISO 27001 ISMS scope for companies with subsidiaries IEC 27001 - Information Security Management Systems (ISMS) 0
T AS9100D - Scope of QMS for New Company - Only Choosing a Function Subset Due to Management AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 14
R Scope of ISO 13485 certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 2
D Scope of Facility - Our auditor asked us last week for our "Scope of the Facility" AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 12
L Dying a slow SCOPE death - NEW ISO APG Paper on Scope and Applicability May 2020. AS9100, IAQG 9100, Nadcap and related Aerospace Standards and Requirements 3
P Dropping ISO 9001 limits the scope of the ISO 13485 audit? ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 6
W Scope of MRB (Material Review Board) Responsibilities Misc. Quality Assurance and Business Systems Related Topics 5
P ISO 80369-7 standard - Interpreting which Parts should be in scope Other Medical Device Related Standards 7
I Sales Documents in scope for ISO-9001:2015? ISO 9000, ISO 9001, and ISO 9004 Quality Management Systems Standards 3
V Exclusion of 'Design and Development' from scope of certification ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 9
S ISO 13485 scope of certification - We are a virtual manufacturer ISO 13485:2016 - Medical Device Quality Management Systems 1