OHS (Occupational Health & Safety) Objectives and Targets

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello!

I think many of us have points of convergence in this tread. I summarize my own position by simply saying that our OSH objectives should primarily be proactive (example: replace the last CMR we are using, or to limite under 5kg the efforts to handling loads) rather to be reactive (eg "zero accident" or -10% reduction of days lost). That is to say that our objectives should be really prevention objectives : they must aim to reduce risks exposing employees, rather than the consequences of there risks (injury or ill health).

This corresponding with the idea of Kgott "statistical process control tells me that you can set whatever target or objective you want but you will never get anything more that what the process is capable of delivering."
If you have a lot of electrizations because your installations are always "open" ("basic theoretical example") to have the "zero accident" objective don't close the electrical risks... In the same order, I want to remind that the certification of a OSHMS is not an OSH objective ! If I am 90 dB(A) noise exposed, it's the same risks if my OSHMS is not certified or became certified? But an 85 dB(A) objective is really an OSH objective.

Rocks, you don't give us example about your question / changing actions regarding the same objectives. But if you had objective to limit below 5kg the efforts to handling loads, you can at first time choice the action to reduce the loads weight under 5kg, then to change to the action to mecanize a part of loads handling or use mechanical helping tools (I hope you understand my Globlish?)

Thank you. Bye.

S

subin

Dear All,

Can you give some Occupational Health and safety Objectives sample ?

If anybody have the program please give the excel/word copy

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !

My samples :
- Reduce 5 db(A) the noise level in the workshop "B".
- Substitute CMR solvent in bath "X" by a non-CMR solvent.
- Separate pedestrian flow and trucks flow in the shipping area.

But what are my examples regarding the needs of your company ?

A+

S

subin

Dear All,

My objectives are to reduce the incident rate 10% in the next 2 years
and

Training

can u provide me the sample action plan to achieve above objectives

Henria

OSH Officer
Hello !

Subin, your problem is to want OSH objectives regarding incidents rate (reactive approach) instead objectives based on risks (proactive approach) : with your objective "to Reduce the incident rate 10% in the next 2 years" you don't know how to implement it ...

You must start with your most important OSH risks (those creating incidents you want to reduce in your company...), so you can define (proactive) targets as my examples but based on your OSH needs.

If you define objectives such "reduce 5 db(A) the noise level in the workshop "B" ; substitute CMR solvent in bath "X" by a non-CMR solvent ; separate pedestrian flow and trucks flow in the shipping area" (my examples) obviously it's easier for you to create action and training plans to achieve your objectives...

Reading my new messages and the previous too, you understand Subin it's impossible to give you any OSH "program excel/word copy". You has to create your own objectives and own program based on OSH situation of your company... OK ?

Bye.

Last edited:

Henria

OSH Officer
You undertants Subin ?

OSH action plans to "reduce the incident rate 10% in the next 2 years" are different if your company have handling, chemical, vehicle, noise, fall, electricity... incidents and if your activity is construction, trade, services, agriculture, IT, logistics, chemistry...

Bye.

Top Bottom