Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

OHSAS 18001 Audit Checklist request

A

andrewg

Hey all,

I am about to go on the lead auditor conversion course for OHSAS.

Just wondering if any of your helpful folk know where to find a OHSAS audit check sheet? Really just looking for good examples of relevant questions to ask for each section of the standard.

Any help / advice you could offer would be great!!

Thanks,

Andy:thanx:

Stijloor

Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey all,

I am about to go on the lead auditor conversion course for OHSAS.

Just wondering if any of your helpful folk know where to find a OHSAS audit check sheet? Really just looking for good examples of relevant questions to ask for each section of the standard.

Any help / advice you could offer would be great!!

Thanks,

Andy:thanx:
Hello Andy,

While "googling", I found a checklist. Would that work?

See attached.

More info can be found here.

Stijloor.

Attachments

Last edited:

Randy

Super Moderator
If you are going to take an 18K Lead course don't clog your brain with stuff outside the course. I speak not as one who has taken and passed a (which I have) but as someone who has written courses acccredited by both IRCA and the RABQSA and delivers numerous courses thoughout the year.

All you really need to know before the course is how to find the training location, eveything else is extra baggage. You finla exam will be "open book" so don'twaste time trying to memorize squat. Learn the material, learn your references and ask lots of questions.

As for a checklist, take it from someone who has done an audit or two,your best checklist is the standard itself and your understanding of its requirements. Just take everything the standard requires and change it into a question. That's it,trust me. I work for a company that takes just a small bit of pridein the abilityof their auditors to do just that.

A checklist isn't the audit,it just starts it and you have to lay it down or you'll be auditing in a box.

Good luck.

A

andrewg

Randy,

Thank you for your commments.:thanx:

I have already passed a lead auditors qualification for TS16949 based on ISO9001. I am due to attend a three day conversion course for OHSAS 18001.

My reason for asking for a check sheet was simply to look at the type of questions asked so that I may compare these against my own area of knowledge. I do realise the limitations with such forms.

I do welcome your comments. What is your advice in terms of the types of questions asked say in comparison to ISO9001?

Thanks,

Andy

Randy

Super Moderator
The questions would be almost the same ones you're familiar with, a system is a system. Your focus will now be on the management of OH&S risk as opposed to those things that could effect customer satisfaction.

The only real difference between TS16949, ISO 9001 and OHSAS 18001 is the policy requires additional committments, there is more need for employee involvement, you must include regulatory agency communication, management of risk and risk assessments, accident and incident investigation...that's pretty much it. Much of 18K is the same as 9K.

D

daniyd

I am currently developing a hazard register for an oil and gas gathering station which is equipped with separator, trunk line (pipe line), dehydrator and storage tank for settling out. Does anyone have a good exmple of hazard identification and risk assessment document that I can use as a reference or some suggestions to accomplish this?

Thanks in advance
Dani

Randy

Super Moderator
Yes, there are a few examples posted here on this site...just use the "SEARCH" tool on the bar above to help.

Use this link if a SEARCH is too difficult http://elsmar.com/Forums/showthread.php?t=23352&highlight=risk+analysis

Also get away from the hazard thing and start using RISK instead. A Google of "safety risk assessment tool" will give about 600,000 hits many of them with examples like the one attached.

Last edited:
D

daniyd

Thanks for hazard identification and risk assessment worksheet. I really appreciate if anyone can share with me the knowledge and experience at oil gathering station in terms of hazard identification and risk assessment?

Thanks and Regards
Dani

Top Bottom