Search the Elsmar Cove!
**Search ALL of Elsmar.com** with DuckDuckGo Especially for content not in the forum
Such as files in the Cove "Members" Directory

OHSAS 18001 Safety Management System (SMS) Implementation Plan

S

SaintJK

Hi There,

We have been tasked to implement an OHSAS 18001 SMS at our company. We are working on an implementation plan, including a budget for the project.

Does anyone have a sample project plan, including estimated costs for implementation?

Thanks

harry

Super Moderator
Re: OHSAS 18001 SMS Implementation Plan

.......................... Does anyone have a sample project plan, including estimated costs for implementation? .............
You should be able to easily adapt the ISO 9001 project plans that we have in the post attachments list.

Implementation plan

Gantt chart

Cost should vary among the various countries. The easiest is to get quotes from your local consultants and certification bodies. Consultants may give you a schedule of charges w.r.t the various stages of implementation.

Re: OHSAS 18001 SMS Implementation Plan

Hi SaintJK,

I've attached the 18001 Implementation Plan and Project Plan I put together for our Company. The plan was compiled following a gap analysis, as we already worked to basic Health & Safety practices.

I'm sorry I don't have any associated implementation costs, but other than the cost of the 1st and 2nd stage audits it was a pretty inexpensive exercise for us. Getting expensive now though due to the cost associated with mitigation of risk.

I hope this helps.

Attachments

S

SaintJK

Thanks everyone, the documentation was most helpful.

Last edited by a moderator:

Puck81

Starting to get Involved
JoCam,

I am also in the process of planning for OHSAS 18001 implementation, which we are aiming to become certified by late January of 2014. Your attachment has been very helpful during the initial planning stages and literature reviews, Thank You.

JoCam,

I am also in the process of planning for OHSAS 18001 implementation, which we are aiming to become certified by late January of 2014. Your attachment has been very helpful during the initial planning stages and literature reviews, Thank You.
Hi Puck81,

Thank you. If you need any further information just ask.

Jo

Top Bottom