One Cavity Mold Prototype Capability Study and PPAP Approval

O

omisquality

Hi Dears,

we have a part wich is already in serial build in another production site under injection molding process.

actually we have a prototype (1 cavity) mold under compression process, and our customer has required to perform 50 times measurements for 40 dimensions (on drawing).

I have told him that ISO TS require 50 measurements for capability study for product CS. and the requirements for ISIR is only dimension report for all cavities (in this case we have only 1 cavity).

the second thing is that even if i perform capability study using the prototype mold under compression will not provide the real situation and my process capability as the part is already in serial build and the serial mold will be 32 cavities under injection process.

please comment

J

JAltmann

I assume the product is currently being produced by another vendor?

Anyways regarding the capability study of the prototype tool, was this work quoted originally? Or is your company trying to win a job? If your company is under contract and is required to preform the capability study then you need to fulfill the contract.

But if your under contract but it doe not have terms staing the capability study i would ask that the PO be amended and quote according.

And since this is the prototype tool i would offer to reduce the amount of dimensions being required as you'll need to re-preform the capability study on the production tool.

Top Bottom